Snooker star Alex Higgins taken to hospital

where does it says he's in hospital bob ?

It doesn't but he's got throat cancer and he looks beyond cachexic he will be at least a weekly visitor to hospital. In fact looking at him, and this is going to sound blunt, I'd be amazed if he lasts to Christmas.

It doesn't but he's got throat cancer and he looks beyond cachexic he will be at least a weekly visitor to hospital. In fact looking at him, and this is going to sound blunt, I'd be amazed if he lasts to Christmas.

yeh,

no disrespect mr medic but I dont think it takes a qualified doctor to realise he is on his last few weeks,

awful awful stuff

hope it isnt too painful for him

Hardly amazing stuff. a raging alcoholic and smoker gets throat cancer.

The snooker player was entertaining. The man himself, is not so special. I hope he is remembered for his wrongdoings rather than his ability to hit a ball in a hole. But, history tells me that I doubt it will be.

I think you could say I'm not a fan of him.

• 2 months later...
no he wasnt but R.I.P

Yes he was..............if it wasn't for Alex Higgins snooker would have died as a televised sport a long time ago!!!

Not everyone's favorite but a great entertainer on the green baize.

R.I.P

...if it wasn't for Alex Higgins snooker would have died as a televised sport a long time ago!!!

To be fair - snooker isn't a sport really is it. And to think that Higgins' exploits around the green baize may have some bearing in securing Snookers future, backs this argument up to a degree.

Yes he was..............if it wasn't for Alex Higgins snooker would have died as a televised sport a long time ago!!!

Not everyone's favorite but a great entertainer on the green baize.

R.I.P

i take your point about him possibly keeping people interested!

but he wasnt the greatest snooker player of all time - and thats a fact!