Latics sign keeper from Sunderland

why isn't this on the official site?.....oh, because they are too busy posting irrelevant articles.

They are making an article about former players and their movements,

I mean Holness is coming back to BP next year........................ Massif news !

Sounds decent if he's had trials at fulham and liverpool.

Then again, I bet clubs like Fulham and Liverpool trial through 1000s of promising youngsters each year the majority of whom will be rejected and will end up outside of football.

Michael Clegg played first team for Man Utd. Michael Ricketts actually played an England international game and look how they turned out. I wouldn't use the basis of the fact that he had a trial at a couple of Premiership clubs as a reason to think this kid might be any good. I'd base by hopes on the fact that Tony P has probably had a look at him and must have impressed him to a degree that he's actually been offered a deal here.

why isn't this on the official site?.....oh, because they are too busy posting irrelevant articles.

It was on the official site, several weeks ago.

Connor was given a youth deal, not a professional contract, and it was reported in the story introducing the other new trainees (some of whom were also released by other clubs).

Connor was given a youth deal, not a professional contract, and it was reported in the story introducing the other new trainees (some of whom were also released by other clubs).

Stop getting in the way of an unsubstantiated moan - some people need their fix of slagging the website off!

Our track record of blooding home grown keepers is absolute rubbish. Year after year we have young eager kids sat on the bench the 1st choice gets injured and we go out and loan one...............Day......Blaney? (sorry bad spelling) god you could go on and on! the best of the lot was Grant, but he was head and shoulders better than any loan keeper I have seen in recent times.

Why does our youth set up train these kids through the ranks and just let em rot on the bench, or be farmed out to non league teams. I think we lost Richard Siddall to Sheff Wed and Nigel has taken the helm. As I remember when my lad was at Latics you never saw the reserve/1st team team GK coach. If they are not good enough we must get rid and bring in players with the potential to make the next step up. If our backroom staff think they have what it takes the Manager must give them a go rather than do what we always do and loan some naff no mark in. :blink:

Good luck to the new kid anyway and I hope in future he gets a run in the 1st team :grin:

Those new trainee articles bore me :wink: