IF it is Dickov

Dickov?  

411 members have voted

1. 1. Happy or unhappy?

• Happy with that
    • Unhappy with that
    • Indifferent

Im at the point now where I dont care who gets the job, I just want a manager in to get signing or releasing player, we are missing out on too many players on Frees

Don't worry, we are definately not missing out.

Everyone is on holiday. Hardly any decent and realistic, emphasis on that.

And even LAtics ahve said they are on the phone to Dickov new manager about the new season signings

3 June

Gareth Gwillim [Histon - Dagenham & Redbridge]

Billy Kee [Leicester - Torquay] Free

Darran Kempson [Accrington - Grimsby] Free

Stuart Lewis [Gillingham - Dagenham & Redbridge]

Paul Stonehouse [Forest Green - Mansfield] Undisclosed

2 June

Daniel Bogdanovic [barnsley - Sheffield United] Free

Chris Dagnall [Rochdale - Scunthorpe] Free

Matt Green [Torquay - Oxford] Undisclosed

Joey Gudjonsson [unattached - Huddersfield]

Pablo Ibanez [Atletico Madrid - West Brom] Free

Elliot Omozusi [Fulham - Leyton Orient] Free

Billy Paynter [swindon - Leeds] Free

Emanuel Pogatetz [Middlesbrough - Hannover] Free

Steven Smith [Rangers - Norwich] Free

1 June

Iyseden Christie [Tamworth - Kettering] Free

Luke Foster [unattached - Stevenage]

Lewis Gobern [MK Dons - Grimsby] Free

Chris Iwelumo [Wolves - Burnley] Undisclosed

Richard Lee [Watford - Brentford] Free

David Martin [Millwall - Derby] Undisclosed

Jelle Van Damme [Anderlecht - Wolves] Undisclosed

James Wesolowski [Leicester - Peterborough] Undisclosed

Tommy Wright [Grimsby - Darlington] Free

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF, as expected Paul Dickov is appointed as our new manager will you be happy or unhappy with the appointment?

A guy at Latics who I respect as knowing one or two of the goings on mentioned to me at the start of the season that Dickov was approached by TTA last year to take over but he turned us down to sign another playing contract. TTA must like him.

Im at the point now where I dont care who gets the job, I just want a manager in to get signing or releasing player, we are missing out on too many players on Frees

I'm sure they're waiting for the World Cup to finish before taking their selection from those on show.

i voted unsure in the poll, but to be honest with you i dont care anymore who gets the job

at the end of day we are skint, we are crap and we have lost our fanbase

im only saying what a lot of people are thinking

i voted unsure in the poll, but to be honest with you i dont care anymore who gets the job

at the end of day we are skint, we are crap and we have lost our fanbase

im only saying what a lot of people are thinking

Simon, is that you?

I believe Dickov will be a good appointment; I think his playing style will have a huge influence on his management which will be fantastic for us. I want to see an Oldham team full of energy, industry and enthusiasm, I believe Dickov can incorporate these attributes into his side. I really do hope the fans give him time and support him and his team.

I believe Dickov will be a good appointment; I think his playing style will have a huge influence on his management which will be fantastic for us. I want to see an Oldham team full of energy, industry and enthusiasm, I believe Dickov can incorporate these attributes into his side. I really do hope the fans give him time and support him and his team

:applause1:

No more needs to be added in any this or any other 'new manager' thread!

Mods close 'em all down.

Edited by futchers briefs

I was just watching an interview on YouTube involving him, he seems articulate, thoughtful and passionate about the game. I know you can't base, or even try, to predict the future by watching a video of a potential manager, it would be silly to do so. But there's a desire within him, and I'm sure a never die attitude also, he must have shown his vision for the club in this enthusiastic vein during the interview held by the club. He has beaten candidates of coaching experience, surely that is a great testament to the man himself? I also don't accept he was the cheap option.

I believe Dickov will be a good appointment; I think his playing style will have a huge influence on his management which will be fantastic for us. I want to see an Oldham team full of energy, industry and enthusiasm, I believe Dickov can incorporate these attributes into his side. I really do hope the fans give him time and support him and his team

Mods close 'em all down.

...and yet so many wanted Penney out, rather than giving him time.

I wonder how many of these 'give him time' merchants were saying the same before Penney got the boot? I wouldn't bet on it being many.

Mods close 'em all down.

I wonder how many of these 'give him time' merchants were saying the same before Penney got the boot? I wouldn't bet on it being many.

Joe's happy: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnew...gets_royle_seal

Mods close 'em all down.

I was definately one and I was sticking to it!!

Fingers crossed from me

Same as, really. I'm not thinking it's the greatest thing ever, but I will approach it with a positive frame of mind and hope it all works out for the best. I'll be honest, I was at least fairly pleased with every managerial appointment TTA have made in their time here, there have been people who were anti one but not another for their own reasons/opinions and fair enough, but they haven't actually done anything too crazy when you accept that they didn't have a crystal ball. The only worry I have is that maybe they appoint one with an eye to what the previous one didn;t have rather than taking it in the round, but that might just be my perception.

I was just watching an interview on YouTube involving him, he seems articulate, thoughtful and passionate about the game. I know you can't base, or even try, to predict the future by watching a video of a potential manager, it would be silly to do so. But there's a desire within him, and I'm sure a never die attitude also, he must have shown his vision for the club in this enthusiastic vein during the interview held by the club. He has beaten candidates of coaching experience, surely that is a great testament to the man himself? I also don't accept he was the cheap option.

Looks very assured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-hiVosFso

Mods close 'em all down.

SPOT ON!!!

And these comments about getting Royle's approval...exactly like 13mths ago when Penney came here...

Nowt funnier than folk! And too many "say-ers" than "do-ers" at Latics...have a bad start and the snowball effect will begin again!

Edited by boundaryblue80

You can also watch this to see the passion. Also just watch his movement away from the defender as Goater gets the ball. He creates that extra yard to give himself the chance.

Cant believe I am doing this but what the hell

Quite. It was like a dagger through my heart that goal. Hmm, I really dislike Dickov, even as Latics manager. I don't know, I just don't feel comfortable about him.

lol he doesnt want to marry you :wink: and your dislike of him is possibly because hes done fairly well in football better than Gannon and a similar Ego. If the short Jock can revive our fortunes good luck to him it needed a fresh approach rather than the attempts of late. Remember he once scored a goal for Arsenal that helped save us in premiership.

Didn't Dickov also score a hat trick for City in the final match of the season against York in about 1999 that relegated them rather than us ?

scored 1 of 4 goals.. Hatrick v Lincoln earlier in month. When you think where York and Lincoln are weve done well. lol

You could actually say, we've done well while TTA have been interested in making us competitive in this league. Now they're not (blame attendances if people like...few attendances in their whole reign have seen them break-even...they knew what they were getting into *cough* land deal *cough*)......so.....that's where stories like York, Lincoln, Chesterfield, Grimsby, Chester (there are more) all become the worry over the next few years!!!

As a player, i didn't like dickov.....always thought he was a nasty, whinging little :censored:, but....................he's our manager now, and so he starts with a clean sheet in my book.

Only time will tell if it's the right appointment......Here's hoping :chubb:

As a player, i didn't like dickov.....always thought he was a nasty, whinging little :censored:, but....................he's our manager now, and so he starts with a clean sheet in my book.

Only time will tell if it's the right appointment......Here's hoping :chubb:

You would hate him if he was playing against you but you would rather have him inside the tent spitting out than outside the tent spitting in.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Dickov had the ability to be in the right place at the right time when scoring. His movement around the box and being on the end of passes and crosses was the key to his success at his past clubs. I'm hoping that this is coached into the younger players who will act as a brilliant foil to Abbott and whoever else Dickov brings in. We're crying out for another striker so it's comforting that we have a successful striker with connections in the game to bring in just what we need. If Bunn's the number 2 then that's two strikers so fingers crossed that we play attractive attacking football where we convert our chances.

scored 1 of 4 goals.. Hatrick v Lincoln earlier in month. When you think where York and Lincoln are weve done well. lol

So that's twice Dickov has had a direct hand in our survival given that he bagged one of the three Arsenal scored v Palace on the same date 6 years before his strike v York - I think he'll need to make it a hat-trick of 'direct-hands' in helping us avoid relegation next year unless TTA see sense and give us that pot to piss in!

Edited by oafcprozac

Same as, really. I'm not thinking it's the greatest thing ever, but I will approach it with a positive frame of mind and hope it all works out for the best. I'll be honest, I was at least fairly pleased with every managerial appointment TTA have made in their time here, there have been people who were anti one but not another for their own reasons/opinions and fair enough, but they haven't actually done anything too crazy when you accept that they didn't have a crystal ball. The only worry I have is that maybe they appoint one with an eye to what the previous one didn;t have rather than taking it in the round, but that might just be my perception.

Yes same hear,in this case names dont mean much to me managerial wise; even scholesy. Id plum for anyone with a record first, then an unknown who has an idea how to put a team together and knows which players to slot in.