CB Gregan

CB Hazell -

RW Smalley/Colbeck/Millar

CM Stephens

CM Worthington/Furman/Purdie/Holdsworth/Lee

LW Taylor/Colbeck

ST Abbott

ST Dickov/Eaves/Brooke/Allessandra

I can see him having a right clearout - Lomax, Brill, Jacobson, Worthington, Furman, Purdie, Colbeck, Taylor ( :shock: ), Allessandra and Smalley could all be moved on in my opinion.

A decent new Centre Back, Centre Mid, Left winger and a Striker could easily be brought in if we got rid of 6 of those 10 - Taylor, Smalley and Furman we could probably get money for.

GK Fleming/Brill/A N Other?

RB Holdsworth/Purdie/Lomax/Lee

LB Jacobson/Black

CB Gregan

CB Hazell -

RW Smalley/Colbeck/Millar

CM Stephens

CM Worthington/Furman/Purdie/Holdsworth/Lee

LW Taylor/Colbeck

ST Abbott

ST Dickov/Eaves/Brooke/Allessandra

I can see him having a right clearout - Lomax, Brill, Jacobson, Worthington, Furman, Purdie, Colbeck, Taylor ( :shock: ), Allessandra and Smalley could all be moved on in my opinion.

A decent new Centre Back, Centre Mid, Left winger and a Striker could easily be brought in if we got rid of 6 of those 10 - Taylor, Smalley and Furman we could probably get money for.

I'd go part way with you on this. Out of those you think could be shifted on, I'd keep:

Jacobson (started to look good and can get forward if he's allowed to)

Purdie (unkown quantity, but believed to be very versatile. Will want to prove himself.

Taylor (he can't have another season like that again - full fitness, which he never had, and we should see him ripping defenders a new botty aperture again)

Smalley (started to show what he's capable of in flashes towards the end of the season - needs coaching and encouraging and he just might cut the mustard)

As for the rest, yeah, we could live without them, but we do need a solid CB. I can't see Greegs playing every single minute again and Rubes does have his "switch off" moments. And I've left Lomax in, just in case as I think he's a reasonable squad player. *Prepares to be shot at*

Wouldn't mind seeing Flahavalavahavalavan back - be good competition between him and Fleming.

Of course, it comes down to money as I think they all have another year left on their contracts.

Edited by Bristolatic

I'd go part way with you on this. Out of those you think could be shifted on, I'd keep:

Jacobson (started to look good and can get forward if he's allowed to)

Purdie (unkown quantity, but believed to be very versatile. Will want to prove himself.

Taylor (he can't have another season like that again - full fitness, which he never had, and we should see him ripping defenders a new botty aperture again)

Smalley (started to show what he's capable of in flashes towards the end of the season - needs coaching and encouraging and he just might cut the mustard)

As for the rest, yeah, we could live without them, but we do need a solid CB. I can't see Greegs playing every single minute again and Rubes does have his "switch off" moments. And I've left Lomax in, just in case as I think he's a reasonable squad player. *Prepares to be shot at*

Wouldn't mind seeing Flahavalavahavalavan back - be good competition between him and Fleming.

Of course, it comes down to money as I think they all have another year left on their contracts.

thought flahavan was quite good when he first came,bit more commanding of his area,decent save on him and a bit of knowledge...but then in the end he dropped some proper clangers....and didnt have the same kinda conidence in him...same as brill really except a lot shorter...

fleming and brill in my opinion,with brill the back up.

can see someone like dickov,a proven striker getting the best out of our wingers or wide players...he knows how to score and knows where the ball should be,so i think he will teach them the art of proper distribution from out wide...

hopefully we can bring in some decent loan signings to compliment what we have...should be exciting

A big hope of mine is that the new manager gets Taylor playing the way he did pre-Penney. Undoubtedly our most creative player, whose talents have been hampered by a season of bad tactics and bad man-management. Definitely wouldn't put him in the "get rid" category yet.

A new centre-back has to be the priority. Think it's a bit much to ask Roobs and in particular Gregan to play every game for another season.

A big hope of mine is that the new manager gets Taylor playing the way he did pre-Penney. Undoubtedly our most creative player, whose talents have been hampered by a season of bad tactics and bad man-management. Definitely wouldn't put him in the "get rid" category yet.

A new centre-back has to be the priority. Think it's a bit much to ask Roobs and in particular Gregan to play every game for another season.

me neither but, if he could get £500k and be able to reinvest it all.............??

Whose talents have been largely hampered by himself with so many 'minor knocks/injuries' throughout the season, resulting in Taylor lacking in confidence due to playing 2 weeks, then out for 3, paired with possible personality/tactics clash with the manager and there you have last seasons Chris Taylor.

Is his pain threshold low? Does he train too hard/not hard enough? Either way i'm pretty sure that he can ill-afford a season like the last one if he has serious aspirations of progressing further in the game.

me neither but, if he could get £500k and be able to reinvest it all.............??

If it was to bring in a couple of quality players, then reluctantly I'd have to agree. If it was to bring in a load of Penney-esque "squad" players, then no, I'd rather hold on to Taylor. We're all after entertaining football and I think Taylor would be a crucial piece in that puzzle.

Whose talents have been largely hampered by himself with so many 'minor knocks/injuries' throughout the season, resulting in Taylor lacking in confidence due to playing 2 weeks, then out for 3, paired with possible personality/tactics clash with the manager and there you have last seasons Chris Taylor.

Is his pain threshold low? Does he train too hard/not hard enough? Either way i'm pretty sure that he can ill-afford a season like the last one if he has serious aspirations of progressing further in the game.

No he trains hard enough he just gets beaten to within an inch of his life everytime he walks onto Chaapel Road

I can't really see how any of these factors are really his fault, except maybe the personalty clash with the manager. But lets face it, I think most of us thought he was a t**t....

I can't really see how any of these factors are really his fault, except maybe the personalty clash with the manager. But lets face it, I think most of us thought he was a t**t....

:lol:

Rather than suggesting they were 'his' fault' - I was trying to point out that there were a few more factors that didn't lie solely at our ex - managers feet, that aided Taylor in having a poor season.

:lol:

Rather than suggesting they were 'his' fault' - I was trying to point out that there were a few more factors that didn't lie solely at our ex - managers feet, that aided Taylor in having a poor season.

Ah, my bad. Although I think it will be interesting to see how often he's out injured and how he performs under the new boss.

I’m not a fan of wholesale changes every summer; with 6+ leaving and a similar amount coming in. You can never attain any sort of continuity of squad with a recruitment policy like that. Squads ideally need to be kept as constant as possible; with only the odd tweak here and there as players contracts run down or cash offers come in etc.

Whilst I’d agree our squad isn’t the best (as proved by last season); financially wise I can’t see us having the budget to make any massive changes. From our current playing squad; I don’t expect too many more outs; nor too many more brought in. The outs I think have already been done in the clearing of Whitts, Steer, McKerr, Dawson and the 2nd year scholars……..

I’d imagine that that what we have now wont to be far from what we go with for the season. 1 or 2 loans and that’s us I think. Which; isn’t good all told………..

I’m not a fan of wholesale changes every summer; with 6+ leaving and a similar amount coming in. You can never attain any sort of continuity of squad with a recruitment policy like that. Squads ideally need to be kept as constant as possible; with only the odd tweak here and there as players contracts run down or cash offers come in etc.

Whilst I’d agree our squad isn’t the best (as proved by last season); financially wise I can’t see us having the budget to make any massive changes. From our current playing squad; I don’t expect too many more outs; nor too many more brought in. The outs I think have already been done in the clearing of Whitts, Steer, McKerr, Dawson and the 2nd year scholars……..

I’d imagine that that what we have now wont to be far from what we go with for the season. 1 or 2 loans and that’s us I think. Which; isn’t good all told………..

Normally i'd agree. But with this lot, I hope there is a clear out a few are clearly out of their depth in this League.

Edited by Butter

GK New player, if not, Flav (Fleming as cover)

RB Lee (Holdsworth & Lomax as cover)

LB New Player (Black as cover, free transfer for JJ)

CB Gregan (Aljofree as cover)

CB Hazell

RW Taylor (Purdie as cover, loan out Millar)

CM Stephens (Lee to move into CM and cover if required)

CM New Player (Furman/Worthington as cover)

LW New Player (Colbeck as cover)

ST Abbott (Eaves as cover)

ST New player (Dickov/Allessandra as cover, loan out Brooke)

Free transfers:

Brill - no explanation needed

Jacobson - I've seen milk turn quicker than this lad...As the season went on, got beaten time and time again. As for that penalty he gave away at Swindon, it wasn't silly...it was mindless. Black came in and started to show what JJ doesn't have. A strong head when it's getting tough and will have the odd goal or two in him. Great cover, as still has to develop. JJ should be moved on to free up a wage for someone more capable. Oh how we missed out on Sheehan :disappointed:

Smalley - had a big chance in 09/10 and blew it. Big disappointment. Maybe a free is a little harsh, if so, then I'd definitely loan this lad out and show him how lucky he is to be a footballer...there's ability there to be a decent standard at this level. Not sure about the desire!

As for the team:

Taylor - FFS...put this lad BACK on his right f****** wing!!!!!!!!!!

Dickov, I'd rather see manage than play. He should see himself as a bench player with the target of a new player to play alongside Abbott - let's face it, knowing you'll lose ya place to the manager himself must surely be motivation for anyone.

A lot of the above is dictated by the budget, ie. Lomax and Black as cover etc. Only man who gets a real reprieve for me is Furman. Not a fan at all, but I'd give him another chance just incase he's actually got some real talent in there that can be coaxed out.

Edited by boundaryblue80