All this England rubbish

Thought you'd appreciate this being seen again.

Keith Hill for England manager!

Wellllll....

It shouldn't take Fabio Capello to recognise that Heskey is a quality player. Yes his finishing is :censored: (and no doubt made worse thanks to the Fantasy Football Brigade constantly pressuring him), but if it wasn't he'd be bordering on being a Didier Drogba.

Whats this got to do with Oldham?

Nowt - unfortunately the vast majority of people will still happily board the bandwagon. I'd have hoped more lower league fans would, like me, find it difficult to get behind the England team given the disgraceful state of English football.

I must admit, I feared I was going to take a kicking when Green threw that one in. I honestly didn't mean to yelp with laughter, it just came out. :laught16:

(This post was written for the now locked England v USA thread)

apparently its the lack of mental preparation and a head shrinker has been called in.

TBH, I don't think we will make the quarters and my bet with Wardle is that if we get past the semis that I have to do a "dying fly" impression in the centre circle on our first game of the season before KO.

I won't tell you what Wardle has to do......oooooo...suspense... :wink:

We aren't good enough and to take injured prone players is a joke.

I can't get motivated at all even though my latics fan is dangling out of the bedroom windows and I have pulled out SA in the sweep at work.

Well at least there are some good beer offers in the supermarket

apparently its the lack of mental preparation and a head shrinker has been called in.

TBH, I don't think we will make the quarters and my bet with Wardle is that if we get past the semis that I have to do a "dying fly" impression in the centre circle on our first game of the season before KO.

I won't tell you what Wardle has to do......oooooo...suspense... :wink:

We aren't good enough and to take injured prone players is a joke.

I can't get motivated at all even though my latics fan is dangling out of the bedroom windows and I have pulled out SA in the sweep at work.

Well at least there are some good beer offers in the supermarket

ssssshhhhhh !!!! :unsure::lol:

I'm not a big england fan, I find it strange to support one set of players to then transfer it to players you often want to get beat. (Rooney, Ferdinand etc)

Also a fundemental part of football is the fact that people (especially your mates and work colleagues) all support different teams and throw banter around, If you al support the same one... whats the point?

But, I love the world cup. Not too fussed on the results. I watched the England game at a mates on saturday and they were well up for it, but they are all armchair fans and I do seem to think on the whole its armchair fans who get more into the patriotism.

Club vs Country is obvious. Choose Latics every time.

"I must admit, I feared I was going to take a kicking when Green threw that one in. I honestly didn't mean to yelp with laughter, it just came out." - I laughed, but then again I laughed at Dean Brill vs Southampton.

Edited by pukka