o9jb.jpg

Manchester Lounge

Thursday - Dubai to Cape Town

2vj9y7t.jpg

Departure Board

dq2lqc.jpg

Dubai Airport

Thursday Night - Hotel and pre World Cup Night party on Long Street

The hotel was really nice and was in a perfect location. Right next to the party end of Long Street. Met a women and her son at check who didn't fancy heading into town on there own at night so I offered to take them along.

Long Street is packed with bars and restaurants and their was a real Mardi Gras style atmosphere and party going on. People dancing in the street, blowing horns, singing songs, dancing on cars. It was awesome and no trouble. It is exactly the thing which would end in disaster in this country. Everyone from all over the world were just going nuts together. Had a lovely meal in one of the roof top bars Wanted to stay out to the early hours but needed to get some sleep after a huge journey.

Will post video of the madness once it has uploaded to youtube

Oaf World Cup Review Part 2

Friday -Table Mountain, South Africa vs Mexico at the Waterfront Fans Fest and Francevs Uruguay at the Cape Town Greepoint Stadium.

Decided to get up early (Vuvuzelas going offeverywhere all night ) and get to Table Mountain as early as possible to get tothe top of Table Mountain as the queues can get very long as day moveson. It was the right call as I was the first up with noqueue. The cable car rotates as it goes up the mountain so everyonegets a great view. The views are amazing and photos could never doit justice. I wanted to scale it but being on my own and having noone to climb it with so it wasn't wise/

30x9012.jpg

Afterwards I picked up my tickets for the games Iwas going to watch live. They turned out to be pretty good seats.

The tried to get in the main fans fest at theGrand Parade but it was full so I headed down to the Waterfront fans fest whichwas awesome. Met 20 girls ( and a couple of lads) from Cape Town whoadopted me for the day. Which was fun. The atmosphere wasincredible. Was great when South Africa scored

25ovqma.jpg

b6bl7n.jpg

Then headed down to the Green Point Stadium forthe France vs Uruguay. Atmosphere was again fantastic, Vuvuzelasgoing off everywhere... Pitty the match was a drab but tenseaffair. The French are not very good and Uruguay are a one trickpony.

okr7s4.jpg

2s0h66c.jpg

A very enjoyable day

Glad to see you had a good time jefe. Table mountain wasn't really worth the climb when I did it (it was cloudy by the time I got to the top) and that day at least 2 people got held up at knife point on the way up- so definately not one to climb on your own. I read that you missed your chance of going over to Robben Island- that's a shame it was well worth it. I stayed down that end of Long street too- it was quality when the world cup wasn't on I can only imagine what it was like with it on.

Glad to see you had a good time jefe. Table mountain wasn't really worth the climb when I did it (it was cloudy by the time I got to the top) and that day at least 2 people got held up at knife point on the way up- so definately not one to climb on your own. I read that you missed your chance of going over to Robben Island- that's a shame it was well worth it. I stayed down that end of Long street too- it was quality when the world cup wasn't on I can only imagine what it was like with it on.

A 14 year old died on Table Mountain during the world cup from the states. Lost his footing as he was hiking up with his parents. :(

Looks brilliant sir, though at times it's been a tad quiet around here without you. Did you manage to find a cure for AIDS and give everybody a job?

No but the country is coming along very well... I went to a Township and if I our government talks about our people being below the poverty line again I won't be happy... Bloody hard lives...