Everton wonderkid to join Oldham on loan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's not is he? And because he stands with his hands on his hips and will not move two yards for the ball does make him lazy in my book.

Think we have a bit of a difference of opinion on this front but I’m curious as to who you do think is our most technically talented player if its not Abbott in your opinion?

For me; he’s head & shoulders above anyone else in our squad in terms of first touch, reading of the game and vision / ability to pick a pass etc; but that’s just how I see it.

Think we have a bit of a difference of opinion on this front but I’m curious as to who you do think is our most technically talented player if its not Abbott in your opinion?

For me; he’s head & shoulders above anyone else in our squad in terms of first touch, reading of the game and vision / ability to pick a pass etc; but that’s just how I see it.

+1

Agreed why people don't get this I don't know.

Two reasons why people doubt Abbott:

1) He was playing injured for much of last season.

2) I suspect he probably found a "why the hell should I bother" moment at some point last season after Parker missed his 48th 1 v 1 opportunitiy.

Abbott as part of a performing team will be a far better player to watch.

Dale Stephens, despite his tender years, is far more gifted technically than that useless lump of :censored:.

I would also say Keiran Lee is more technically gifted.

Dale Stephens, despite his tender years, is far more gifted technically than that useless lump of :censored:.

I would also say Keiran Lee is more technically gifted.

With Holdsowrth back, hopefully Lee will get a few games in his favoured CM role and we can see what he can do. I know that Royle believed Lee was the most techincally gifted player we possessed when he took over from shez/

If Pav doesn't turn it on this year he will be the next boo boy.

Best of a *VERY bad bunch last year.

*Capitals mean I'm putting emphasis on the very

You know, I was thinking about this earlier for some reason.

I can see Pav having an awful season. The fact that he had to absolutely carry the side last year means there's even more pressure on him this season - especially with the deafening silence coming out of BP in terms of signings - to perform.

If he hasn't scored, or missed a decent chance, in the first half hour I'd expect him to be the chosen BooBoy for the season, as you say.

If, god forbid, that extends to 3/4 games then I don't expect him to do particularly well, as the massed-morons will undoubtedly turn on him.

You know, I was thinking about this earlier for some reason.

I can see Pav having an awful season. The fact that he had to absolutely carry the side last year means there's even more pressure on him this season - especially with the deafening silence coming out of BP in terms of signings - to perform.

If he hasn't scored, or missed a decent chance, in the first half hour I'd expect him to be the chosen BooBoy for the season, as you say.

If, god forbid, that extends to 3/4 games then I don't expect him to do particularly well, as the massed-morons will undoubtedly turn on him.

I turned on him last season. I hope to never see him in a Latics shirt again.

I turned on him last season. I hope to never see him in a Latics shirt again.

You just like to oversell it Paddy, you know that.

Not a doubt in my mind that him and Gregan kept us up and you know enough about Football to know that's true.

You just like to oversell it Paddy, you know that.

Not a doubt in my mind that him and Gregan kept us up and you know enough about Football to know that's true.

From November onwards he was atrocious. He scored a couple of penalties. Whoop de do. Don't see what the fuss is about myself.

I'm even gonna stick my neck on the line and say that he won't be a Latics player come the end of the January transfer window.

From November onwards he was atrocious. He scored a couple of penalties. Whoop de do. Don't see what the fuss is about myself.

I'm even gonna stick my neck on the line and say that he won't be a Latics player come the end of the January transfer window.

Good shout.

If he finds the form of the early part of last season in a team that actually attacks he could be off to The Championship.

Some may argue (me being one) that after his op, he should not have kicked a football untill end of feb at the absolute earliest!!!

What if you have a chat with him in the car on the way up and find out he's a nice bloke?

If he invited you would you go to his BBQ?

If he's a nice guy then I'd exchange numbers and had him on facebook. But still wouldn't want him at my football club.

And I would never turn down food.

• 4 weeks later...
Would like to see him here.

However as it is in the mirror i question the accuracy of the report.

But with the Everton connection with Everton now through Gerrard (was their youth academy GK coach) could make this sound more possible.

Or could be pile of rubbish.

the latter , maybe?