Howard Webb

who'd have thought it, first thing to be proud of from rotherham since the chuckle brothers

Being as how David Seaman is a bellend, true. My mate from there never tires of being reminded that the Chuckles are his most illustrious neighbours, I will use our comparison if I may.

dont forget he was in charge of the Champions League final aswell

Champions League final and the World Cup final in a few month . . i suppose its what ref's have wet dreams over

best ref in the world??????????

dont forget he was in charge of the Champions League final aswell

Champions League final and the World Cup final in a few month . . i suppose its what ref's have wet dreams over

best ref in the world??????????

And i'm sure Graham 'no penalty' Poll he of the three card trick is crying into his beer tonight....

A referee who commands and earns respect off the players in the way he conducts himself.

He talks to the players with respect, is fair yet decisive and takes no :censored:. All the attributes of a top referee, hence the top accolades of Champions league and World cup finals - good luck to him.

Edited by futchers briefs

He has had a very good world cup (aided by his two assistants who haven't done much wrong either- remember the officials are a team they get chosen/rejected as a unit). If our players had done as well as he has- he wouldn't be able to ref the game as we'd be in it. I think it helps that he's a 6ft4 former police sergeant, that can obviously handle himself, isn't intimidated and doesn't stand for any nonsense.

I'm awaiting Fergie to complain though when he refs the next Man Utd game

And i'm sure Graham 'no penalty' Poll he of the three card trick is crying into his beer tonight....

Poll was still a decent ref, despite loving himself just a little bit too much.

And yeah, I bet he's jealous as hell!

Poll on Webb's World Cup appointment

(Perhaps the cynic in me think Poll plays up the role of the linos just a little bit too mcuh ;) ).