Latics Trialist Update

Francois Kompany, brother of Manchester City's Vincent, Jason Beardsley and Scott McLaughlin have all left the club i been told.

Its been on the offical most of the morning Scoop. :wink:

Trialists released

You are normally better than that RA, to be blunt!

BTW for avoidance of doubt, the Soop term is one of endearment , not knocking.

To be fair, RA originally quoted the OS - I asked him to remove that to prevent a breach of their copyright.

So how about we all just take a deep breath and shut the hell up?

Calm down, you big girl's blouse! "I have been told..." carries a clear suggestion thatcit isn't public knowledge.

i reckon peter jones will be given another go, did well upfront, the centre back with reuben who was he again?

Rod McDonald. IMO looked good, raw, but certainly had a bit of composure about him and did well against a very strong Burnley frontline. Didn't really see what his pace was like as he wasn't really put in that kind of situation. Worthy of another couple of goes as we are lacking some young centreback back up.

Rod McDonald. IMO looked good, raw, but certainly had a bit of composure about him and did well against a very strong Burnley frontline. Didn't really see what his pace was like as he wasn't really put in that kind of situation. Worthy of another couple of goes as we are lacking some young centreback back up.

I’d go along with that.

His rawness was shown in the penalty. Whilst it was an utter dive by their lad; Eccersley (?); he gave him the chance to dive by cutting across his path. Other than that’ he looked OK in the air and his one turn away from 2 players was top stuff (if I bit dangerous where he was!!).

I’d give him another week of training and another game at least.

From the looks of him up close; he’s like 18 / 19 years old? So, assuming he continues to impress in patches; a deal might be achievable if he’s realistic with his wage expectations for a young lad coming in on trial at a league 1 club.

For me, him & “Jones” are worth another look. Iplaymybanjo and the Liverpool lad; Highdale can be sent off for me.

Jarrett at CB was an interesting one. If they continue with him in that role; I suppose he gives you versatility of being able to play in 2 or 3 positions which may help budgets; but would he be good enough to play their for a prolonged period if (god help us if it happens) either Reuben or SG gets injured long term?