Worthy, Cobeck, Purdie and JJ can go...

Wouldn't be surprised if they were all here come the opening day of the season. Hardly likely to get teams salivating.

This

The only way we are going to get rid of them is if they go out on loan prove their "worth" and someone is prepared to pay them more than if not the same as what we are offering otherwise they will see out their contracts here which is another 12 months for all of them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This

The only way we are going to get rid of them is if they go out on loan prove their "worth" and someone is prepared to pay them more than if not the same as what we are offering otherwise they will see out their contracts here which is another 12 months for all of them.

i can't see we're expecting to get money back for any of them - just get them off the wage bill?

i'd imagine all 4 should find clubs on a free.

only stumbling block I can see is if DP put them on decent wages they won't get elsewhere

Edited by HarryBosch

Were probably an Alan Sheehan and Neal Trotman short of the playoffs. Trotman who is on the transfer list at Preston. We should try and get him in on loan. But yeah Sheehan would be a superb signing and it seemed he enjoyed his time here. We spent 60k on Colbeck ffs! Surely we can get Sheehan for such a minimal fee too.

Are we? Wow, I hadn’t noticed.

As I said earlier on in the thread – there’s a world of difference between making these players available and them actually moving on. It’s a start though.

Pity Dean Furman isn't on that list as well!

One of the most overrated player's to "grace" Boundary Park in many a moon, and i've been around plenty long enough to see some duck egg's.....

I still believe Penney played him out of position by having him sit so deep, he had looked a real player in pre-season when playing further forward as for his colour-blindness i'm afraid that's a whole other issue...

Pity Dean Furman isn't on that list as well!

One of the most overrated player's to "grace" Boundary Park in many a moon, and i've been around plenty long enough to see some duck egg's.....

I would give Furman the benefit of the doubt that he was playing in a crap team riddled with injuries. He has the ability, he showed glimpses of it at the start of last season. I hope Dickov can get the best out of him.

I agree with every one of these. I am also encouraged by the way Dickov is starting, he has sussed out some of the :censored:e that DP brought in already. Also I dont know a great deal about Jones but remeber Feeney being a cracking player with Bournemouth and County.

All in all I'm quite excited for the new season!

Like many others on this thread i am dissapointed that Purdie was not given a run maybe injuries, fitness or other players at the club in PD's opinion better than him.

The others I won't be worrying about them coming back to BP and ripping us apart.

Let's know hope that we can move them along free up some wages and bring in 1 possibly 2 more signings and maybe Baxter from Everton on loan before kick off.

In Dickov we trust.

Bradford will have Colbeck, send the others to Bury along with lomax and Smalley.

cant say im suprised to see them on the list...got very little from them really...

suprised smalley and allessandra not on it too,maybe they get the benefit of the doubt until january...

if a deal for sheehan could be done would be a good move...maybe season long loan seeing as dickov was recently at leeds and is mates with grayson...

We knew these were poor signings last year and had a major gripe about them being here.

Dickov obviously sees the same as we did week in week out.

I thought Colbeck might turn the corner but despite his effort his technique was poor, maybe a move away would give him some confidence.

Worthington just ran around passing to the opposition so he could tackle them and get himself booked.

Purdie, well we never got to see the man did we but the club not giving him a medical was a major error.

Jacobson looked like he could do a job when fit. However I would rather see Black being given a run as he could develop into a good player that we can either keep or shift on for a few quid.

All in all though a good move getting rid of some of the much considered 'dead wood'

Who is left of Penney's signings if these four go then?

Worthington just ran around passing to the opposition so he could tackle them and get himself booked.

All in all though a good move getting rid of some of the much considered 'dead wood'

Worthington is a Sunday league player at best and Dickov has realised very quickly that Penneys signings were what resulted in the attendances dropping, we have a forward thinking manager at last who wont take any shiiite from his players (if they try they will then have to deal with big Gerry), he is well respected in the game and he will have numerous contacts. I think we have a manager who will show the hunger to succeed and expect 100% from all of his squad and backroom staff because he wants to be at the top himself.

I belive one or two off them will stay at oldham like kerian lee did and got into the team purdie i hope he stays and fights for his place and not leave to easily and jj and we must get rid off colbeck sell him fast.

Edited by RoyleArmy

I belive one or two off them will stay at oldham like kerian lee did and got into the team purdie i hope he stays and fights for his place and not leave to easily and jj and we must get rid off colbeck sell him fast.

Only just noticed you've changed your sig.

Keep 'em peeled mate.

I don't doubt that we'll see more faces, but this really highlights how poor our squad was/still is. A lot of work needed.

Purdie - never given a chance so we don't know

Worthington - his best days are well behind him

JJ - looked okay to me last season

Colbeck - only once did he show what he could do )Wycombe away) and we all know what happened there...

Dickov is the boss and he makes the decisions - ultimately he will be judged by the decisions he makes and the team he chooses - so I will give him time ... ten games in should be enough :wink:

We knew these were poor signings last year and had a major gripe about them being here.

I thought Colbeck might turn the corner but despite his effort his technique was poor, maybe a move away would give him some confidence.

Purdie, well we never got to see the man did we but the club not giving him a medical was a major error.

Jacobson looked like he could do a job when fit. However I would rather see Black being given a run as he could develop into a good player that we can either keep or shift on for a few quid.

To bad that Dean Spill is not on that list, but there is still time for the rest of Penney's over payed flops to find the exit door.

Mr Dickov has realised what most fans with common sense knew at the begining of last season.

Just goes to show how bad of manager Penney was, how bad of a team that he brought in and oversaw.

Looking forward to the new season PD and the club seem to be making the right noises, so far.

only managed to get on here and the OS every few days and I like what I am reading,

pleased with Feeney Jones and that he has made the others available,

I didnt rate JJ , he never ever stopped a cross coming in from the wing

only managed to get on here and the OS every few days and I like what I am reading,

pleased with Feeney Jones and that he has made the others available,

I didnt rate JJ , he never ever stopped a cross coming in from the wing

The 12 month contract could be a big mistake for PD. i'd be gutted to see a decent improvement on last year only for someone else to snap up his potential. Paul - please don't go!

The 12 month contract could be a big mistake for PD. i'd be gutted to see a decent improvement on last year only for someone else to snap up his potential. Paul - please don't go!

If we're doing well he'll have a two year extension on his desk by Christmas as we panick that he is going to move on. At this point we'll start doing poorly and want his head.

(please, above, do not happen).