Micah Richards

Rumour that City have had a 17m for left back Aleksander Kolarov.

They have just shelled out for Boetang who can play anywhere along the back four.

He must be amongst last choice defenders for them now.

I reckon he will will sold before the season starts.

Rumour that City have had a 17m for left back Aleksander Kolarov.

They have just shelled out for Boetang who can play anywhere along the back four.

He must be amongst last choice defenders for them now.

I reckon he will will sold before the season starts.

I know we keep going around in circles re this matter, but if they did sell him (and with him being a top english prospect that means more money than your usual foreign exports), then I'd expect him to be valued at around £10-12m, so a windfall of £2-3m would be absolutely brilliant at such a time like now!!

Edited by sjk2008

They can't get out of paying it to us.

NB. Any proceeds would go directly into our departed chairmans pockets paying off our £3M debt.

Exactly. How would they try and get out of it. I could slighly understand them contemplating trying if they were financially struggling, but considering the vast amount of riches they have now, it'll be like passing over pocket money. If they really were bothered about the sell on clause we have, I would have thought they'd have either offered us £1m or something once the arabs took over to call it quits or, they may up his value to compensate for the money owed to us.

I wonder if Barry could shed any light on this matter perhaps??

Exactly. How would they try and get out of it. I could slighly understand them contemplating trying if they were financially struggling, but considering the vast amount of riches they have now, it'll be like passing over pocket money. If they really were bothered about the sell on clause we have, I would have thought they'd have either offered us £1m or something once the arabs took over to call it quits or, they may up his value to compensate for the money owed to us.

On City's internal politics? How exactly?

This 'calling out' of Barry is becoming exceptionally tiresome. It's the reason we asked OAFC staff to have anonymous accounts in the first place!

This 'calling out' of Barry is becoming exceptionally tiresome. It's the reason we asked OAFC staff to have anonymous accounts in the first place!

Did you not know Barry is the 'oracle'. A useful scapegoat at times too.

It was kind of rhetorical the calling out of Barry, since everyone seem to be doing it recently, i just forgot to add an emoticon on at the end to help show that.

Didn't they offer to buy out the sell clause for £500k sometime back and latics said thanks but no thanks.

They can't get out of the clause even if player is used in part ex deal.

Got to be some unrest at city sooner with some players because they can't keep them all happy .

But isn't it just Latics luck that the only player still at city from Hughies days is - Richards !!

Finally, the scales have fallen from my eyes.

Corporal Jones was Simon Blitz all along! It all makes sense now.

Why so? If he is the fans representative on the board how come he shouldn't be asked to comment on issues regarding the club. Isn't that the point of having him?? Bearing in mind the money raised from the sale of Richards could safeguard the club for a few seasons I think it's only right he should be asked to comment on an issue like that, especially in light of his open letter to us regarding the future of the club!

I take the point that he can't comment on City's internal politics though.

what happens if they swap him? or say spurs buy him and bellamy for £20m and value micah at 50p??

In the event of a swap the taxman would value the deal as high as possible to collect maximum VAT, or whatever.

However, if a club bought 2 players off City the taxman probably wouldn't be right arsed about the respective valuations, so that may actually be a way around it for the mancs. :shock:

Why so? If he is the fans representative on the board how come he shouldn't be asked to comment on issues regarding the club. Isn't that the point of having him?? Bearing in mind the money raised from the sale of Richards could safeguard the club for a few seasons I think it's only right he should be asked to comment on an issue like that, especially in light of his open letter to us regarding the future of the club!

I think Ackey missed his other job description...

Fans representative on the board... Surely fans should be able to ask questions of him ? Lately he has been tackling questions which is a big welcomed improvement...

In the event of a swap the taxman would value the deal as high as possible to collect maximum VAT, or whatever.

However, if a club bought 2 players off City the taxman probably wouldn't be right arsed about the respective valuations, so that may actually be a way around it for the mancs. :shock:

I think a precedent has already been set with this in another transfer. From memory what happens is the FA/FL/PL of whoever set a monetary value against the deal (or each player in it) and we get the percentage of that. Not sure what clubs we involved, may have been Bury actually.

Have you noticed how City have signed a player to replace every English player in their squad.

YAYA to replace Barry. Silva to replace Johnson (or SWP when he plays on the left) . Boateng to replace Richards. And Kolarov to replace Bridge. Only really Lescott left now.

Have you noticed how City have signed a player to replace every English player in their squad.

YAYA to replace Barry. Silva to replace Johnson (or SWP when he plays on the left) . Boateng to replace Richards. And Kolarov to replace Bridge. Only really Lescott left now.

I wonder how this will work with the new 'imports' rule...? Sounds risky.

So he's supposed to speculate, just as you or I could?

Look at the original 'call out':

There is nothing in that first paragraph on which Barry could comment that you or I couldn't also speculate. There's no question of what we would do with the money, should we get it, or how we'd react if we felt he was being undervalued in a swap deal. Nothing in that post warranted the 'call out'.

I think Ackey missed his other job description...

Fans representative on the board... Surely fans should be able to ask questions of him ? Lately he has been tackling questions which is a big welcomed improvement...

I encourage the questioning of Barry and the Trust (hence the Trust forum) and I too would like to see them communicate better and more openly. At times their communication is woeful.

However, as above, the weakness of Barry (or other people in positions within the club) having 'public' persona's on OWTB is that they get 'called out' on issues like the above - where their knowledge or opinion is only as informed or valuable as yours or mine, something which I and many others find incredibly frustrating.