Sean Gregan?

oh blooming eck....said it myself though at the end of last season that after a good season a poor one tends to follow - injury wise that is and he has had an op already.

Hope he is okay and can manage another season with us

I hope that the 'may quit football' is just an exaggeration of a very enthusiastic imagination, rather than an attention seeking written post.

I've heard the same, that he's struggling desperately with injury.

:sauce:

oh dear. I hope its not that bad, I hope he gets to pull on the shirt again.

One man does not make a team they say, but having a man on the pitch that the rest of the team want to play for is a factor.

Maybe that's why there have not been many noises from the dugout, they are looking for a captain figure and to be honest, there is not anyone that's outstanding in our current crop to do this.

Although today in the first half, Brill was shouting out instructions to the front on who was free and to pass it to. As a GK he can see what the layout is and what's going on better than anyone else on the pitch. Two goals down and I don't remember him being so vocal.

Captain Kirk???......................not yet..... :wink:

There's absolutely no doubt we'd miss Greegs more than any other player and, if he's still not fit for pre-season friendlies, it's a race against time for the start of the season. If it's a race we're not going to win, signing a quality CB is even more of a priority now.

Get well soon, Greegs. Please!

Jason Jarrett has been looking comfortable with Ruebs in these last few friendlies.

Confident enough to the take on players, nice bit of foot work during the Burnley game to take the ball off and pass around the two forwards. Comfortable in bring the ball forward through to midfield.

However, I believe he is a midfielder?

Fodor Or Frodo as I called him on an earlier post had a solid second half, although he was booked for a meaty challenge.

What are our options on contracts for these two? Game by Game?

they'll be straight forward loan links.

So if they want them back, they'll be recallable pretty instantly.

However, the whole point of them being here is to sell them in England, so recalling them is the last thing that'll happen.

Jason Jarrett has been looking comfortable with Ruebs in these last few friendlies.

Confident enough to the take on players, nice bit of foot work during the Burnley game to take the ball off and pass around the two forwards. Comfortable in bring the ball forward through to midfield.

However, I believe he is a midfielder?

Fodor Or Frodo as I called him on an earlier post had a solid second half, although he was booked for a meaty challenge.

POST REMOVED.

Mod: You and I both know it's a joke mate, but others will simply see it as an opportunity.

So that is one centreback we have.

Thank God we didn't blow all our money on an unnecessary centre forward.

I agree, it's not like we struggled for goals last season. Massive blow if Gregan is crocker but there's plenty of time to get things sorted out.

POST REMOVED.

Mod: You and I both know it's a joke mate, but others will simply see it as an opportunity.

Has he been swearing at little old me!!!!.......remember Mr Sinott your not that big yet so I can still put over my knee for GOOD SPANKING

MY SON.....

oh come on he isnt unnecessary is he? we dont have a striker who can hit a barn door!

He's better than what we had before I will agree.

I still think we had enough in that department already. We are three centrebacks short of enough though and a left back is available for nowt, whilst the other is very raw.

To me that's four players required in front of a forward. And the forward was needed before the central midfielder of which we have seven billion.

Whereas people are happy about signing these two players, I'm afraid I'm a litle worried that we are wasting the budget required to fill very large and obvious holes in the team line up.

That's before we consider the goalkeeping options.

Didn't make it to the Falkirk game in the end, but just looking at the team sheet shows how scarily thin we are in some areas.

If we are unable to strengthen in defence, I predict we will certainly see goals ... just that they'll be at the wrong end.