Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?

Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?

• Yes
    • No

Beating Singe to it :)

I suspect I know where this is going to go :)

As I said, limit it to one stand. Along with the drum there, a family section in a certain area there can be a very festive zone.

Looking at it, the stand would have to be the Chaddy End - so I'd have to move myself, but anything that helps.

As I said, limit it to one stand. Along with the drum there, a family section in a certain area there can be a very festive zone.

Looking at it, the stand would have to be the Chaddy End - so I'd have to move myself, but anything that helps.

+1

I think it's probably right to ban them really. They were OK as a one off for the World Cup, which given they 'added' excitement and interest/talking points to it all, it was probably the worst one by far in my lifetime. It's gimmicky, and most people normally hate having things like a drum near them, so a little plastic trumpet that drones loudly isn't going to catch on like wildfire IMO.

To be honest, the echo around out empty ground would make my ears bleed....

Thanks but no thanks, shame my hubby has it in his chuffing phone. If there is one peep of it at BP I will be ejected and banned fromt the ground for launching a projectile weapon...the phone

Maybe worth the ban eh!!!! :wink:

They annoy the hell out of me, but I think banning them is just drawing more unnecessary bad PR towards the club.

i read that quite a few clubs have moved to ban them weeks ago which didnt get them any bad publicity, infact i doubt many people noticed

lets keep our atmosphere english (hopefully there will be one this season, has already been better in the one friendly we have had than the whole of last season)

loads of kids going crazy on plastic horns is going to be really bloody annoying...... maybe even more annoying than that bellringer at portsmouth

i read that quite a few clubs have moved to ban them weeks ago which didnt get them any bad publicity, infact i doubt many people noticed

lets keep our atmosphere english (hopefully there will be one this season, has already been better in the one friendly we have had than the whole of last season)

loads of kids going crazy on plastic horns is going to be really bloody annoying...... maybe even more annoying than that bellringer at portsmouth

could we have a 'who gives a monkey's?' option?

As I have only ever heard them on TV, I have no idea what they would be like if actually hearing them in person. I would hazard a guess that the people who have decided to ban them also have never heard them live. Everyone who I have heard speak about them who was at the World Cup loved them. It seemed that the only people who were moaning were the people watching on TV. So for that reason, I wouldn't ban them....plus, it's not like BP is usually rocking anyway.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

As I have only ever heard them on TV, I have no idea what they would be like if actually hearing them in person. I would hazard a guess that the people who have decided to ban them also have never heard them live. Everyone who I have heard speak about them who was at the World Cup loved them. It seemed that the only people who were moaning were the people watching on TV. So for that reason, I wouldn't ban them....plus, it's not like BP is usually rocking anyway.

I can see them being a Health and Safety problem over here...

http://www.deafness-and-hearingaids.net/20...a-hearing-loss/

So a massive 5 DB over fans singing ?

I am telling you now, they are not louder than a air horn... The sound they make is a lot duller...

I don't make the rules dicky, but the H&S brigade will be creaming themselves.

unless someone else fancies a bash...the drum will not be used any more as Josh is off to uni in Derby.

unless someone else fancies a bash...the drum will not be used any more as Josh is off to uni in Derby.

there is a god after all then...

im in the camp of they were good for africa and the world cup,but not here...plenty of clubs already banned them and didnt get bad publicity...so really cant see it happening at bp,unless some numpty hasnt read the local rags or been online....

health n safety issues??? damn right,be plenty of people looking like vuvuzella lollipops if one is blown near me...(cue smuttyness)

I'd love to know who you've been talking to Dave, I was at the world cup and did 3 of the 4 games (only missed the USA game) they were the most horrendous thing I've ever encountered & every England fan I spoke to agreed, in fact the amount of England fans threatening to stick them up peoples arses was unreal.

Absolutely the right thing to do in banning them, whoever thought mindless blowing of a

plastic trumpet at football was a good idea needs shooting! And had clearly never experienced a proper football atmosphere. The relief when we as England fans managed to drown them out in Port Elizabeth & then in Bloemfontein was there for all to see!

How do they create any atmosphere? it's not like you can sing along to the beat! I think they were a good gimmick for Africa, but the only people who would find them entertaining over here are simpletons.

THIS.

I'd love to know who you've been talking to Dave, I was at the world cup and did 3 of the 4 games (only missed the USA game) they were the most horrendous thing I've ever encountered & every England fan I spoke to agreed, in fact the amount of England fans threatening to stick them up peoples arses was unreal.

Absolutely the right thing to do in banning them, whoever thought mindless blowing of a

plastic trumpet at football was a good idea needs shooting! And had clearly never experienced a proper football atmosphere. The relief when we as England fans managed to drown them out in Port Elizabeth & then in Bloemfontein was there for all to see!

AND THIS.

I was speaking to Alan Hardy after the Barrow game and i was talking about the world cup he made it clear they where to be banned from BP.

As someone eho experinced them at South Africa i enjoyed it them brought a little life into the game and at the Holland v Denmark match when the ground was silent sounded good.

However i just could not see them ever taking off in England and the fact they could be used as an offensive weapon which i saw myself when a mexican smacked a Liverpool fan over the head with it. Also a Boro fan upset an American when his mate poured beer down it ans he spat it out.

However i do not like the plastic horns we see at other games and the drum we have but if fans bring them to games i would just carry on watching the team play.

So a massive 5 DB over fans singing ?

I am telling you now, they are not louder than a air horn... The sound they make is a lot duller...

Decibels are a logarithmic measurement and 5 db at that end of the scale is quite a big difference actually. It WILL cause hearing damage to some people if exposed to them regularly at matches.

Decibels are a logarithmic measurement and 5 db at that end of the scale is quite a big difference actually. It WILL cause hearing damage to some people if exposed to them regularly at matches.

The ones at the world cup were not as loud as an air horn... No chance...

The poll showed more support than I was expect :lol:

The ones at the world cup were not as loud as an air horn... No chance...

The poll showed more support than I was expect :lol:

I wouldn't get to excited, I think most people are just using it as another excuse to get at the club.

Only you think they are beneficial to football.

I wouldn't get to excited, I think most people are just using it as another excuse to get at the club.

Only you think they are beneficial to football.

The poll is just a laugh mate, the outcome was obvious....

I don't think they are beneficial... I don't think they are negative either...

A lot of rubbish has been written about them...