Taylor WTF is going on with him?

Sorry but my patience has finally snapped, 35 mins at Barrow cries off with a hamstring pull that is revealed to be a dead leg, Told to get on with it, now crying off with another twinge. Supposed to be back tonight, but now said to be out. What is going on with him? If we're in for another season like last year (genuine injuries or not) I say cash in. He's becoming a liability. If it was up to me I'd plan the formation without him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but my patience has finally snapped, 35 mins at Barrow cries off with a hamstring pull that is revealed to be a dead leg, Told to get on with it, now crying off with another twinge. Supposed to be back tonight, but now said to be out. What is going on with him? If we're in for another season like last year (genuine injuries or not) I say cash in. He's becoming a liability. If it was up to me I'd plan the formation without him.

who would want to buy him ?

who would want to buy him ?

It's so frustrating and a big reason why his progress has stagnated. Sometimes you take a knock and play through the pain barrier - it's called being a man. If the injuries are genuine then fair enough but as soon as one problem clears another immediately takes its place. He may just be unlucky or a raving hypchondriac!?

It is getting to become a joke i agree, china doll springs to mind!.........You can't build a team around someone who's never there!

What next......A week out with the sniffles?

It's so frustrating and a big reason why his progress has stagnated. Sometimes you take a knock and play through the pain barrier - it's called being a man. If the injuries are genuine then fair enough but as soon as one problem clears another immediately takes its place. He may just be unlucky or a raving hypchondriac!?

I'd go with the latter

Taylor has been targetted a lot since he came into the first team, I'm surprised he's only been having problems with knocks etc for the last season. Physios and docs should be able to tell when someone is feigning an injury.

His problems seem to be muscle problems, you cant always just be a man and play through those injuries as your risking serious long term damage. Of course if he is never fit then as a club we should probably look to ship him on but I cant see any takers willing to pay money for someone so injury prone! Probably best he stays here and hope that one day he becomes fully fit again.

My gripe is that he is soooooo predictable.....little shimmer/dummy every time.

Its boring and no wonder he always gets tackled. Have a run Chris right to the goalline and try a cross occassionally.

Or.....be a decoy take two defenders out by staying out on the wing but the team won't pass to you. Create a massive whole in defence for us

Chris Taylor the new Neal Eardley? We shall see. You better perform Chris or else! :bat:

Exactly. Why do we crucify all our good local players?

Lomax and the rest of the players with the ability of a toilet get left alone but as soon as someone shows a bit of promise we turn on them.

Then we wonder why we never get anywhere.

Lomax and the rest of the players with the ability of a toilet get left alone but as soon as someone shows a bit of promise we turn on them.

Taylor is a class act who hasn't performed well recently, whether it be because of injuries and not geting completely back to full form and fitness. Hardly anyone performed last season, that probably due to previous management.

We've already booed a Welsh International full-back out of the club, who now will be plying his trade in the Premiership, shall we do the same with a very talented winger as well who is very good at this level?

Its boring and no wonder he always gets tackled. Have a run Chris right to the goalline and try a cross occassionally.

Or.....be a decoy take two defenders out by staying out on the wing but the team won't pass to you. Create a massive whole in defence for us

Ronaldo is too predictable... step over, step over, step over etc etc.

You have to admit it's frustrating though, there always seems to be a niggle around the corner. His stop-start season last time meant he never gathered any momentum to show his best form.

I don't agree with slating our own though.

You have to admit it's frustrating though, there always seems to be a niggle around the corner. His stop-start season last time meant he never gathered any momentum to show his best form.

I don't agree with slating our own though.

Course it's frustrating but at the same time we shouldn't be giving up on a player who has that ability. Last season he had numerous injuries and probably couldn't get himself sorted to play at his full potential.

Stick by the lad!

I remember steven gerrard going through a similair thing. A mate of mine said something daft like he was growing into his muscles or something else just as weird. Cleared up tho and he aint half bad now?

I really don't see how anyone is crucifying him to be honest? I think its a pretty valid point that he seems to be crying out with an injury time and time again and when he has been in the team he's been pretty average at best. I agree with the rest he needs to toughen up and get through it and if he can learn to do that then he may just be the 1 million pound player that he once was.

As for who would buy him simple, nobody. We'd be lucky to get 100k for him at the moment.

If there's anyone who can get through to him then Dickov and Taggart can in my opinion.

I think he needs a run out on the right wing again personally, unfortunately it's got to the point where full backs can second guess what he's going to do everytime, which is look to come inside. Too often last season he ended up in the middle of the pitch because he was frustrated out wide, which left us unbalanced. A good run of form on the right could see his confidence come back...

I suspect that Taylor maybe one of the "arm around the shoulder" players that Dickov mentioned.

Give them time to identify the problem and sort it out.

We have to be realistic in the fact that he is going nowhere at the moment, but does have the potential to be very good.

When that point is reached, he will most probably be sold.

That my friend is because he isnt a left winger!! he is a RIGHT WINGER

The most damage he has ever done to a side was his debut vs forest on the....oh yes.........RIGHT WING

Until any of our coaches realises this and swaps him across wings he will never progress, another one of mr sheridan's wonderful decisions.........

Edited by shefflatic