Message To All Posters on here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who don't know RA, I can confirm that he is a real (no not you Real) and "special" person.

I actually sat next to him at the Trust Forum last Thursday and I can honestly say that if you met him you would be totally amazed as he is nothing like he appears on here.

The lad is genuine. His spoken english is good (and he is exceptionally polite), but as with a lot of people with learning "issues" the written form of the language isn't.

It took me a while to get his jist and even now at times it's not easy.

People who have not met him, need to have patience with his posts and try just a little bit harder to give him, shall we say, the benfit of the doubt.

Like Mr Sinnott said you need to be careful in the circumstances. My daughter teaches at a "special" school and through visiting the school for the events they hold, I have come to understand their needs a lot better.

I'd just ask that you all show a little more tolerance.

For those of you who don't know RA, I can confirm that he is a real (no not you Real) and "special" person.

I actually sat next to him at the Trust Forum last Thursday and I can honestly say that if you met him you would be totally amazed as he is nothing like he appears on here.

The lad is genuine. His spoken english is good (and he is exceptionally polite), but as with a lot of people with learning "issues" the written form of the language isn't.

People who have not met him, need to have patience with his posts and try just a little bit harder to give him, shall we say, the benfit of the doubt.

Like Mr Sinnott said you need to be careful in the circumstances. My daughter teaches at a "special" school and through visiting the school for the events they hold, I have come to understand their needs a lot better.

Cheers,

Harry

well said harry ,always the one to tell the truth about someone ,never wrong too

Spot on all the way, Harry. I work for a charity and rely on volunteers from all walks of life. A guy who works with me is brilliant in conversation, whether face to face or on the phone. But writing? Totally different ball game. I've known him a long time, I know he has "issues" and I still don't always understand what he writes and I guess RA falls into this category. I've been guilty of taking the piss out of his posts and, for that, I apologise. I wasn't aware of the circumstances.

Now that we know a little more about RA, why can't folk understand that some of the comments will be hurtful to RA as he is no doubt self conscious of his issues. It's like taking the piss out of disability of any sort and, as someone married to a disabled person, I can tell you it is bloody painful.

Keep going RA and sod those who won't accept you for who and what you are.

Edited by Bristolatic

Spot on all the way, Harry. I work for a charity and rely on volunteers from all walks of life. A guy who works with me is brilliant in conversation, whether face to face or on the phone. But writing? Totally different ball game. I've known him a long time, I know he has "issues" and I still don't always understand what he writes and I guess RA falls into this category. I've been guilty of taking the piss out of his posts and, for that, I apologise. I wasn't aware of the circumstances.

Now that we know a little more about RA, why can't folk understand that some of the comments will be hurtful to RA as he is no doubt self conscious of his issues. It's like taking the piss out of disability of any sort and, as someone married to a disabled person, I can tell you it is bloody painful.

Keep going RA and sod those who won't accept you for who and what you are.

It would be an injustice to RA though if people pussyfoot around and dont question what he says.

Now there has been more light on the reasons behind the difficuilty of reading posts I wouldn't mock the spelling or grammar but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says.

Dont take any of it personally anyways RA, It's an internet forum, nothing more, and it's all about a difference of opinions. Nowt personal

I cant help but feel that this is being totally blown out of propotion, has anybody on this site made a direct personnal attack against RA, if they have then they should be dealt with by a way Mods feel fit.

As i understand it, nobody apart from the people who actually know RA knew of any disabilty or difficulty, so to every other poster it just seemed like RA is a serial training ground spy who posts everything he see's/hears or believes.

I work with kids with learning difficulties in a childrens home and i for one know how they feel if people take the piss out of them but it is a very very small minority who really dont understand the issues these people have to go through in everyday life that do the pisstaking.

I took one of the lads with me to the fans team tournment in Preston a couple of years ago and i can honestly say all of the lads were great with him and he was made up that he was allowed to join in with the kick about and he commented on how friendly everybody was.

I cant help but feel that this is being totally blown out of propotion, has anybody on this site made a direct personnal attack against RA, if they have then they should be dealt with by a way Mods feel fit.

As i understand it, nobody apart from the people who actually know RA knew of any disabilty or difficulty, so to every other poster it just seemed like RA is a serial training ground spy who posts everything he see's/hears or believes.

I work with kids with learning difficulties in a childrens home and i for one know how they feel if people take the piss out of them but it is a very very small minority who really dont understand the issues these people have to go through in everyday life that do the pisstaking.

I took one of the lads with me to the fans team tournment in Preston a couple of years ago and i can honestly say all of the lads were great with him and he was made up that he was allowed to join in with the kick about and he commented on how friendly everybody was.

I agree with this it did seem initially that Royle army was a serial mind up merchant now its out in the open about who he is and his "additional needs" I would hope we all cut him abit more slack and show tolerance to his posts Keep posting RA your as much part of owtb as anyoneelse is.

Sorry,

Harry

Sorry Harry, as you know I have a lot of time for your opinion in many ways, but this is now as objectively funny, and for all eternity, as jokes about mythical signings from Gretna

PS I have gathered the picture about RA being a real fan, I just re-stake my thoughts that he could be helped more by the Mods working with him on his posts rather than spending hours working with everyone elses' replies to them

If people were calling a mod as much as they have called RA, they would be banned!

Sheri...........

Took me a while to figure that one out. It may in fact have been a ground-breaking use of technology between different forms of media and the spoken word. Patent potential?

I understand where you are coming from RA and Im sorry if I have offended or upset you in the past ,

However learning difficulties or not you would have to understand if you start 5 or 6 <insert any player avaible on a free transfer here> threads a day you should expect some people to question your views or slate them,

its all about opinions and if we didnt have them message boards would be pointless.

RoyleArmy is a boro fan and also a oldham fan.

And a southampton fan apparently, lol.

someone called ibby786 commented below

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...e-striker-eaves

some guy called ibby786 also posts as a southampton fan

http://thesaintsfc.proboards.com/index.cgi...amp;thread=5593

Which other clubs do you support roylearmy? :grin:

And a southampton fan apparently, lol.

someone called ibby786 commented below

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...e-striker-eaves

some guy called ibby786 also posts as a southampton fan

http://thesaintsfc.proboards.com/index.cgi...amp;thread=5593

Which other clubs do you support roylearmy? :grin:

so what there is no law saying he can only be signed up to one message board

It took me a while to get his jist and even now at times it's not easy.People who have not met him, need to have patience with his posts and try just a little bit harder to give him, shall we say, the benfit of the doubt.

He's not the older chap who asked Dickov what effect the styles of football in display in the World Cup final would have on Latics is he?

He's not the older chap who asked Dickov what effect the styles of football in display in the World Cup final would have on Latics is he?

That sounds more like the kind of nonsense Diego would come out with... <_<

so what there is no law saying he can only be signed up to one message board

you would see mate that i havent signed for saints forum atall and i really mean it i bet one off you guys from here has signed up acting as ibby belive me dont try fooling me.

I think you should sign up to every message board there is Ibby. Why should we be the only ones to be immersed in your splendour, we should share the wealth.

There would be ‘Ibmania’ on the streets of Britain in no time.

I think you should sign up to every message board there is Ibby. Why should we be the only ones to be immersed in your splendour, we should share the wealth.

There would be ‘Ibmania’ on the streets of Britain in no time.

no thanks i support mfc and oldham i catch out others acting as me : :blink: blink: why would i sign up for other forums i only signed for barnsley one due to jon macken.

Edited by RoyleArmy

No I don't think so, but he was a pearler to have sat round a diner table....NOT!