Jarrett signs

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2100079,00.html

Slightly underwhelmed that we couldn't find better tbh. We are basically signing a midfielder, released from Brighton and Port Vale and playing him in defence. To be honest I haven't seen him in pre season and I will trust Dickov's judgement. But I was hoping we would sign a true centre back, one who would push Hazell for his place because he got a bit complacent and sloppy at times last season.

He says in his interview that he lost his way over the past 3-4 years, and his time at Preston was not good. Maybe he now has the fight back in his belly and realises he only has 3 or 4 years left to enjoy his football. All this means that OAFC, could well benefit from his new found passion for the game.

Put it into context with the budget cuts and its not underwhelming at all. As it stands, JJ is a lot more favourable to some past it journey men.

Agreed, he has been a revelation at centre back and fully deserved a contract.

Last time he was here I rated him as an attacking midfielder but I don't remember him offering much defensively and he was certainly on the small side for a midfielder let alone a defender.

You must be mistaken, he's definately 6ft.

Edited by BP1960

Tut, tut. Committing piracy against the club when we need every penny we can get (except Dave, that is). If you want to watch the interview then buy a months subscription it aint a bank breaker.

However I do find it annoying how we no longer (or rarely) get the text write ups of the interview for all to read on the official site. I know the videos interviews have always been for Latics world subscribers but the interviews use to be published in text for everyone to read but that no longer seems to be the case. :(

Edited by PlayItLivo