Penney's signings

dont know what game you've been watching this month but furman has been our stand out player in pre season alongside stephens.

Does the simple things and tidy's up allowing stephens and jones to get on the ball and press, works hard and has got forward from time to time as well, tons better than last year.

Don't think he ever is going to be a kilkenny esque player, similar to the worthy role but with actual skill and ability although i agree worthy is a trier and decent cover if needed.

He runs...he's Paul Warne but without being effective...I just don't get this that people see in Furman, you can paint a line from the main stand to where the Lookers used to be and he'll spend 75% of the game running up and down it and passing the ball backwards from it. And if you think he's been the stand out player...you've clearly missed what Eaves, Lewis and Jarrett have been up to...

Anyhow...opinions and all that...

Of all the signings Penney made. How many do you think we will have left come the end of the season?

There were some rascal signings weren’t there.

Parker – Gone - :censored:e

Colbeck – Gone - :censored:e

Abbott – Possibly going - Okay, not the best

Worthington – Listed - Injured most of the season look ok at the start

Purdie – Listed - Injury kept him out, sounds to be a good player

Jacobson – Listed - Thought he was good but Dickov see's otherwise

Which leaves us with:

Brill – Oldham’s number one. - Cracking up to now this season, shote last

Holdsworth – keeping it grimy - Like him, good player IMO

Furman – Will have a wow of a season without the distraction of trying to avoid going back to South Africa. - Seems to be brilliant in pre-season

Dave Penney is a football genius

He runs...he's Paul Warne but without being effective...I just don't get this that people see in Furman, you can paint a line from the main stand to where the Lookers used to be and he'll spend 75% of the game running up and down it and passing the ball backwards from it. And if you think he's been the stand out player...you've clearly missed what Eaves, Lewis and Jarrett have been up to...

Anyhow...opinions and all that...

ill agree on lewis as well. he has been awesome, PD spot on seeing him as a link up man, he has the skill.

Jarret has been so-so, done well to say he isnt a CB

Eaves looks the part, lets hope he wants to stay with Dickov.

I guess it shows how far we have come from last season that we have had a number of stand outs in pre season, lets hope we are on blob ala bolton on saturday!

ill agree on lewis as well. he has been awesome, PD spot on seeing him as a link up man, he has the skill.

Jarret has been so-so, done well to say he isnt a CB

Eaves looks the part, lets hope he wants to stay with Dickov.

I guess it shows how far we have come from last season that we have had a number of stand outs in pre season, lets hope we are on blob ala bolton on saturday!

Parker was standout last pre-season...free-kick vs Boro :wink:

We're in for a tough ride...just hope our lot left watching have the stomach for it.