Rod MacDonald has Signed

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Failure? McKerr! Ojapah! Whitehall! Wilkinson!

Success? Cooksey! Hall! (and if we run out of our own, inevitably Beckford! Austin!)

I see no harm in offering a raw, but potentially decent youngster a deal for six or 12 months. I trust the manager not to break the bank to do that, and it's a gamble that might pay off. I had no problem when Penney did it with Ojapah or McKerr or Steer either.

Nope, none of them good enough. But I doubt it cost us enough to mean we missed out on a stellar, promotion-winning signing either.

In our financial position it may make more sense to gamble on three cheap, unproven youngsters coming good than on one past-his-best big name. I think it's a hugely sensible approach to our situation, and not a gamble that'll cause major damage.

Good move getting some youthful backing to the defence, hopefully the guy can push on and play a few games for us early doors and turn out to be a great signing.

More importantly - I almost shot my load when I saw the Staminator's name mentioned. That man was a giant amongst men, a God alongside ants - he had the most amazing barnet and was utterly tremendous. If I was married, then I'd let him sleep with my wife.

Good move getting some youthful backing to the defence, hopefully the guy can push on and play a few games for us early doors and turn out to be a great signing.

More importantly - I almost shot my load when I saw the Staminator's name mentioned. That man was a giant amongst men, a God alongside ants - he had the most amazing barnet and was utterly tremendous. If I was married, then I'd let him sleep with my wife.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Good move for the lad and well done to him think he could be a top player in a few seasons.

He was/is quality.

We should have kept him imo just to see how he progessed as I think he could be a top player in years to come. Good luck to him.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index....p;thread=129931

Sounds like a decent signing, especially on a free!

Works for me, I'll be round there offering his missus a shoulder to try on while he's at it