players over 21 and reg for 3 years before 21st birthday

I know some fans think we are but we are not in the premier league anymore. We don't have to have follow those rules.

There is a similar (not identical) rule for the Football League.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-spo...players-rule.do

Under the home-grown rule, clubs' first-team squads will be restricted to 25 players over the age of 21, of which 10 must be registered in domestic football for three seasons before their 21st birthday. There will be no restriction on players under the age of 21, however.
Edited by opinions4u

Surely it means we can only have 10 over s and as many young home grown as we want? ie 25 under 21s if we wanted. For players OVER 21 a minimum of 10?

i believe it is maximum squad of 25 players over the age of 21, 10 of these players must be home grown registered at an English club 3 yrs before there 21st birthday. players under the age of 21 don't take up a squad position regarding the 25.

From the first 7 HAZELL AND JONES did not have 3years before age 21 and if we name 25 players who will be the others. At present some may have gone on loan or left i.e Purdie ,Worthington,Jacobson,Lomax,and Fleming

Sure about that with Hazell and Jones? I thought they'd been trainees at their first clubs. Could be wrong of course.

We'll still be fine though. Loads of homegrown players, and even if we lost a few most of our squad is under 21 and therefore eligible. We could play eleven under 21s and still comply.

As Marshy says - beat me to it.