Simon on BBC 5

The studios are in London although they are moving up north as part of the BBC's commitment to Media City at Salford Quays.

What was the interview about? Was it about us or was he just commenting on more general footballing matters?

Football finances...

The studios are in London although they are moving up north as part of the BBC's commitment to Media City at Salford Quays.

What was the interview about? Was it about us or was he just commenting on more general footballing matters?

both

our budget is £1.5m, merchendise money etc goes straight back into the club

a latics fan sent a txt message saying £20 is too expensive, to which corney replied if you want too pay a fiver you will have less quality players on the pitch or something like that

both

a latics fan sent a txt message saying £20 is too expensive, to which corney replied if you want too pay a fiver you will have less quality players on the pitch or something like that

worse than Colbeck last season ? ! :shock:

Some Latics fans really ought to look at league 1 prices. Even at £20, we are amongst the cheapest in the league, and our prices are way below the mean average.

For the last time, no one but no one needs to pay £20 at Latics per match with a little bit of effort on their part. Talk about cutting up a baby's food and spooning it in!!

But season tickets are not the solution for everyone and whilst your synopsis of the situation was fairly innocuous, you've failed to see the bigger picture. The majority of fans attending will be non-season ticket holders next season - unless things really go tits up! - this number include people who both can't buy and choose not to buy for personal or fiscal reasons.

I've not bought one and it does not attenuate my support in any way. No spoon needed, thank you!

But season tickets are not the solution for everyone and whilst your synopsis of the situation was fairly innocuous, you've failed to see the bigger picture. The majority of fans attending will be non-season ticket holders next season - unless things really go tits up! - this number include people who both can't buy and choose not to buy for personal or fiscal reasons.

I've not bought one and it does not attenuate my support in any way. No spoon needed, thank you!

£18 when you buy in advance, perhaps?

I doubt that is true...

£18 when you buy in advance, perhaps?

Indeed that man who chooses not to argue just for the sake of it. Some people use their heads. Others don't. Further if I fell into this branch of supporter I'd only need make one extra trip to BP to purcahse the 1st match ticket, the rest would be purchased whilst attending the previous home match.

It could be said that going into the paddack would make it even more affordable.

Indeed that man who chooses not to argue just for the sake of it. Some people use their heads. Others don't. Further if I fell into this branch of supporter I'd only need make one extra trip to BP to purcahse the 1st match ticket, the rest would be purchased whilst attending the previous home match.

It could be said that going into the paddack would make it even more affordable.

and that's exactly what I'll be doing this season....see you all in the que... :wink:

both

If we paid only £5 on the door then I expect we would be playing non-league football within just a few short years!!!!

The majority of fans attending will be non-season ticket holders next season - unless things really go tits up! - this number include people who both can't buy and choose not to buy for personal or fiscal reasons.

I hope you're right. That would mean over 4,000 home supporters every game. More if the side does well.

But for much of last season well over 2/3rds of home supporters in the ground were only there because the poor sods had paid up for a full season of hell in advance!

Message for Marketing Guy:

1) Make sure season tickets can be bought at all times. If we've played a game, knock £18 off the price; 2 games £36 etc.

2) What about the 10 match ticket being launched in a few weeks? £150 for any 10 games might just get the crowds up a little.