Player Ratings

Brill - 7 (Didn't have much to do, but what he did, he did well)

Lee - 8 (Looked very comfortable on the ball and had a solid game)

Hazell - 9 (Personally, my MOTM - won all the headers when up against that (albeit useless lump Showunmi) and looked very calm on the ball)

Jarrett - 7 (Solid game, rarely troubled, but did knock it long a couple of times too many)

Black - 7 (More than happy to see him feature there consistently this season)

Jones - 5 (Clearly not his favoured position and offered little to nothing, won't write him off though based on this one performance)

Furman - 7 (Sharp, and always looking for the ball)

Stephens - 9 (Two great finishes and has that Gerrardedque look about him in the way he plays. Sometimes looks for the killer ball when a simpler pass would be better, but overall, brilliant).

Alessandra - 8 (Surprised me with his performance on LW, troubled their full back all game and put the effort in. A couple of good efforts from distance too)

Tankoura - 7 (Clearly not fit, put made a nuisance of himself and unfortunate not to score had Predator not cleared it off the line)

Feeney - 7 (Dickovesque in the way he hurried the opposition, good to see him encourage every member of the team before kick off too).

Overall, a pleasing performance, but before getting carried away, let's see how we fare against 'credible' opposition because Tranmere were simply dreadful!

Brill - 7 (Didn't have much to do, but what he did, he did well)

Lee - 8 (Looked very comfortable on the ball and had a solid game)

Hazell - 9 (Personally, my MOTM - won all the headers when up against that (albeit useless lump Showunmi) and looked very calm on the ball)

Jarrett - 7 (Solid game, rarely troubled, but did knock it long a couple of times too many)

Black - 7 (More than happy to see him feature there consistently this season)

Jones - 5 (Clearly not his favoured position and offered little to nothing, won't write him off though based on this one performance)

Furman - 7 (Sharp, and always looking for the ball)

Stephens - 9 (Two great finishes and has that Gerrardedque look about him in the way he plays. Sometimes looks for the killer ball when a simpler pass would be better, but overall, brilliant).

Alessandra - 8 (Surprised me with his performance on LW, troubled their full back all game and put the effort in. A couple of good efforts from distance too)

Tankoura - 7 (Clearly not fit, put made a nuisance of himself and unfortunate not to score had Predator not cleared it off the line)

Feeney - 7 (Dickovesque in the way he hurried the opposition, good to see him encourage every member of the team before kick off too).

Overall, a pleasing performance, but before getting carried away, let's see how we fare against 'credible' opposition because Tranmere were simply dreadful!

On LP it sounded like a sloppy Tranmere goal, and clearly the players and manager are annoyed about it (good!) but where was the probem do you think?

On LP it sounded like a sloppy Tranmere goal, and clearly the players and manager are annoyed about it (good!) but where was the probem do you think?

Not sure , it was a good looping header, the thing we could be annoyed about is that Moore wasnt marked and we let him head it , once it come off his head not much could be done I dont think**

** If Penney was in charge I would be blaming Brill for not catching it

I'd just put it down as one of those things, couldnt see it how the goal materialised completely as it was down the opposite end to the Cowshed, but it wouldnt be Oldham if we didnt add a bit of a drama into what was a comfortable scoreline until then. Tranmere though, wow, unless they improve dramatically, they're only heading one way, and that's League Two.

Edited by sjk2008

Brill - 7 (very little to do)

Black - 7 (overlapped well, should have been used more. Improving quickly)

Hazell - 8 (solid)

Jarrett - 8 (good game to say its his first competitive at CB)

Lee - 7 (like Black, overlapped well and should have been used more)

Alessandra - 8 (started ereally well, looked a threat)

Stephens - 9 (MOM)

Jones - 5 - (Not a winger)

Furman - 7 (Started by wasting a few passes, but was very busy in the second half and won plenty of 2nd balls)

TouKar - 6 (willing runner - tried, but too greedy)

Feeney - 7 (played like the manager)

--------------

Kelly - (Nice cameo - Feeney-esque)

Overall a pleasing performance, but they were appalling.

Brill - 7 (very little to do)

Black - 7 (overlapped well, should have been used more. Improving quickly)

Hazell - 8 (solid)

Jarrett - 8 (good game to say its his first competitive at CB)

Lee - 7 (like Black, overlapped well and should have been used more)

Alessandra - 8 (started ereally well, looked a threat)

Stephens - 9 (MOM)

Jones - 5 - (Not a winger)

Furman - 7 (Started by wasting a few passes, but was very busy in the second half and won plenty of 2nd balls)

TouKar - 6 (willing runner - tried, but too greedy)

Feeney - 7 (played like the manager)

--------------

Kelly - (Nice cameo - Feeney-esque)

Overall a pleasing performance, but they were appalling.

i think jones could be a winger, he looked like he could do a job in the friendlys

he looked a step off it at weekend, got beat in the air alot by a smaller man and we didnt get the ball to his feet often enough, however when we did his decision making was not good

a few games and he will be fine

Not sure , it was a good looping header, the thing we could be annoyed about is that Moore wasnt marked and we let him head it , once it come off his head not much could be done I dont think**

** If Penney was in charge I would be blaming Brill for not catching it

I thought he could have done better with trying to save it. You shouldn't really be getting lobbed from inside your own box.

I thought he could have done better with trying to save it. You shouldn't really be getting lobbed from inside your own box.

Brill had no chance; the only way he would have saved it is if he was right on his line, and he certainly should not have been there, in fact a defender was (Lee?) who jumped, and it went over his head. The problem came when Moore's marker (Black?) was caught ball-watching and lost his man, leaving him free for what was really a fine finish.

Although why exactly Black was marking ITM, am really not sure.