Strikers Tonight

+1 my thoughts exactly. Although it would be nice to get through its not a must. We're never going to win it anyway. Roll on JPT!

What he said - My thoughts exactly.

We have a realistic chance of getting some silverware and a trip to Wembley in the JPT so I hope that this season; as opposed to recent seasons, we give it a bloody good go in that competition.

As for this one – well; meh – a win against Championship opposition would be nice; continue the current 1 game winning run (!) and all that but in the grand scheme of things; this carling Cup tie ranks pretty low down on my list of priority games this season. I’d say it an ideal game to have a look at Kelly, M’Voto and get either Bemba-Lita or Crompton a valuable 1st team start. Oh, and Holdsworth & Millar too.....

It's only a cup game anyway.

'It's only a cup game anyway'

That's not the point, winning breeds confidence so for me a win should be our aim. We need all the money we can get this season and income from cup runs is not budgeted for and would be very welcome.

We went out in the first round of every cup last season so a little success is well overdue!

It's only a cup game anyway.

'It's only a cup game anyway'

That's not the point, winning breeds confidence so for me a win should be our aim. We need all the money we can get this season and income from cup runs is not budgeted for and would be very welcome.

We went out in the first round of every cup last season so a little success is well overdue!

got to agree, the buzz from a win, would start a momentum.

And ensure a good gate on saturday, which we need.

How about a 4-5-1.

Millar on the left. Holdsworth on the right.

Alessandra playing in a more advanced central role ahead of Stephens and Furman.

Kelly up front.

Before a ball had been kicked in pre-season; I wondered if they (PD & Tags) would take a look at Lewis as a player who could be the ‘in the hole’ advanced Midfielder (or withdrawn Striker; whichever way you look at it) – but then I decided that he was possibly a bit lightweight to play it......

Then he goes and gets stuck on the left of midfield in a ‘there’s no-one else’ moment and bloody excels!! He looks to be able to hold his own in the midfield (which was the worry I had), his touch & skill on the ball (which wasn’t in doubt really) has come to the fore & he seems to finally added a work-rate & intensity to his game. Having seen him so far; ‘in the hole’ might not be a bad shout for him if we switch to a 4-5-1 formation.

On this occasion though, i’d expect he’ll still be LM, with us 4-4-2 and Bemba-Lita & Kelly up top; Crompton coming on for whichever of those 2 is the first to tire; not impress.....

What he said - My thoughts exactly.

We have a realistic chance of getting some silverware and a trip to Wembley in the JPT so I hope that this season; as opposed to recent seasons, we give it a bloody good go in that competition.

As for this one – well; meh – a win against Championship opposition would be nice; continue the current 1 game winning run (!) and all that but in the grand scheme of things; this carling Cup tie ranks pretty low down on my list of priority games this season. I’d say it an ideal game to have a look at Kelly, M’Voto and get either Bemba-Lita or Crompton a valuable 1st team start. Oh, and Holdsworth & Millar too.....

We've been handed a decent chance to knock a bigger side out, and hope we can get a decent home tie. I'd be delighted with a win, and if the kids can be the ones to get the win then even better.

I didn't say we shouldn't try to win, just that losing in the cup to a Championship side is inconsequential. You've admitted yourself that cup runs aren't budgeted for.

Anything Else Is A Bonus.

Of course it's a bonus, but a cup run to the fourth or fifth round could be the difference between a poor budget and a competitive one next season.

Don't forget next seasons budget will be determined in part by our successes this campaign.

I'd be delighted if we got to the fourth or fifth round of every cup competition. Equally, I won't be bothered if we get dumped out in the first round again.

Exactly.

I’d love it we win tonight; but it shouldn’t be classed a must-win or a priority or the like.

As I said earlier, it’s an ideal game to get Kelly a full debut, M’Voto a debut, DBL a full start / full debut & get Crompton a cameo 1st senior game. If Holdsworth gets a run too; all the better.

I’d much rather us go all out in the JPT as if we do that; we stand as good a chance as anyone else in going the distance. In the Carling Cup; we don’t have a sniff in all honesty.

Go for the win tonight alright; but if / when we don’t get it; it’s really not time to be reaching for the razors and pulling your sleeves back..........

My team for tonight:

GK: Ollrenshaw

RB: Holdsworth (depending on fitness if unable to play at least an hour - Lee)

LB: Black

CB: Mvoto

CB: Jarrett

CM: Furman

CM: Stephens

CM: Jones/Lee

RAM: Millar

LAM: Alessandra

ST: Kelly

Holdsworth and Black push up when attacking while one of the CM's sit like an anchorman infront of Jarrett and Mvoto for a bit of protection - No specific player to do it, but aslong as one stays back whilst others attack.