Michel Arteta

Arteta today qualified to turn out for England as he has been playing in this country for 5 years, he has just signed a 4 year deal to stay.

never been called up for Spain and it could stop the Gerrard and Lampard cant play together argument

Germany, Portugal and Rep Ireland amongst others have called up players from other countries and Hargreaves was born in Canada

Would you be against him playing for England?

Arteta today qualified to turn out for England as he has been playing in this country for 5 years, he has just signed a 4 year deal to stay.

never been called up for Spain and it could stop the Gerrard and Lampard cant play together argument

Germany, Portugal and Rep Ireland amongst others have called up players from other countries and Hargreaves was born in Canada

I am trying to be bothered! I really am!

No, we need all the help we can and he is a quality player.

Everyone uses players not born in their own countries these days, half the Germany squad was born in Turkey or Poland and they are not the only ones, France have been playing Africans for Years, we ourselves have used players not born here in the past as well.

10 years ago, definitely

today, I'll try anything!

can he manage aswell?

Edited by HarryBosch

not sure capello would be for it, didnt he turn down almunia for the same reason? but id welcome it. lampard has been poor for england recently and i reckon he'd be a good player

cant be 100% sure but i think he turned down almunia because he is bobbins

not sure capello would be for it, didnt he turn down almunia for the same reason? but id welcome it. lampard has been poor for england recently and i reckon he'd be a good player

But he's a :censored:

Any out of these for next manager : Martin O'Neill - David Moyes - Harry Redknapp - Roy Hodgson

Our aim, surely, is to try and catch Spain and be as good (if not better than them.) So picking a player who qualifies for Spain but isn't good enough to play for them would be pointless.

Oh, and no. He isn't English, and has no English blood, so I'd be against it.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

But he's a :censored:

Any out of these for next manager : Martin O'Neill - David Moyes - Harry Redknapp - Roy Hodgson

It's amazing isn't it, the people that really can't see the damage the Premiership is causing and blame everything on the manager. I mean, it wouldn't be too much to consider that the players aren't really as good as everyone makes out they are, would it?

Martin O'Neil or Harry Redknapp, either of them are better than Crapello

CRAPello? Come on, the guy's one of the most successful managers of all time. Alright, he got it wrong in South Africa, but give him his due. Hopefully he'll have learnt a hell of a lot of lessons from the WC...

I would be against it. They should stop all these players playing for different countries.

It's amazing isn't it, the people that really can't see the damage the Premiership is causing and blame everything on the manager. I mean, it wouldn't be too much to consider that the players aren't really as good as everyone makes out they are, would it?

Nuh'uh, Wayne Rooney is the best player of all time. He once scored a volley against Newcastle and a hat trick against Fenerbahce, world class.

Arteta is a great player and it would be nice to see him in an England shirt IF he was English, but he isn't so I am against it.

If it were down to me only those who had been born in this country or had at least one parent who had been born in this country could play for the national side..no grandparents rule or any of that other bollocks about having lived/worked here for so long.

National teams in many sports, including football, are not true national sides in my opinion. Athletics and cricket are just ridiculous - national teams in these sports are little more than glorified club sides.

What like Kevin Peterson. Jonathon Trott, Craig Kieswetter, Owain Morgan, Gerraint Jones, to name but a few :grin: nah it will never catch on.

Artetta stated a while back on TV he had made his life here and looked forward to qualifying for England.

KP, Trott and Jones all have English or Welsh parents, so should qualify for the England and Wales Cricket team. Kieswetter's mum is Scottish, and Morgan is not even slightly English, so neither of them two should be allowed anywhere near the England Cricket team.

Arteta - born in Spain to Spanish parents, and was raised there. Whether or not he now has a British passport, he should not be allowed to play for England at all.

Given the new home grown rule I think in years to come we will see many foreign players possibly turning out for England...

If the are eligible then why not :)

Kind of defeats the object of having an ENGLAND national team doesn't it? It would essentially become a club side if half the team's foreign...