v Shrews at home JPT DRAW

Come on Shrewsbury!

Play the game during the daytime (4pm should ensure we need no floodlights).

Open one stand only (just let the fans mix in the main stand)*.

Play the minimum amount of first team players required, and sub them early.

Don't even go in for a tackle.

Make sure we lose the game.

Raffle off team positions to supporters.

*Playing it behind closed doors would be better, but I suspect that could be a step too far.

Play the game during the daytime (4pm should ensure we need no floodlights).

Open one stand only (just let the fans mix in the main stand)*.

Play the minimum amount of first team players required, and sub them early.

Don't even go in for a tackle.

Make sure we lose the game.

Raffle off team positions to supporters.

*Playing it behind closed doors would be better, but I suspect that could be a step too far.

Nah lets go for it!

dint hardy say last year that with all the costs the only way to not lose any money in this tournement is by getting to the final?

Could say the same about League 1 as well? We don't make a profit as it is. Surely the more games the more money you earn.

Could say the same about League 1 as well? We don't make a profit as it is. Surely the more games the more money you earn.

I think the point is that club's lose money on these fixtures, because of the poor gates. Whereas league fixtures more than pay for themselves, generally.

This competition should have been abolished years ago.

Probably because hard-up football league clubs want the occasional pay day in a three-quarters full Premiership stadium.

Doesn't really happen now until the very late stages bar the odd game. Playing Premiership youth sides in 25% full grounds at reduced prices seems rather lacking in most things to me.

Only realistic chance of getting to Wembley other than the play offs. Can remember under Talbot when we lost to Wrexham in the Northern final. I was gutted its ok people dismissing this competiton but the chance to play at Wembley, the chance to see Oldham flags around the staduim in the national spotlight, chance to lift a trophy.

Yes most kids may support United or City but can you imagine if we did mange to win this competiton? how many would want to go to Wembley? something to tell there children about as some of are older supporters do about the Littlewoods cup final.

Personally i hope we go all the way in this competiton and i hope Dickov looks at winning this competiton as a chance to make his CV look better.