Latics 3-0 Notts County

Just got back and I have the biggest smile on my face right now, what a change from last season!

We put some really good passing moves together in the first half but the tempo slowed for a while and they got on top slightly and should of took their chances, we just needed Furmans super goal to get us back into our stride and we looked good for the rest of the first half, the passing before Furmans goal was as good as the finish itself, nice one touch passing.

The second half started slowly and they had another couple of chances and must have had about 15 free kicks in the match, Tounkare's goal was really good, nice pass from Lee and a good finish. Same with the Lee goal he started the move and finished it.

Thought County looked fairly poor and I never thought we would loose the game even when they had a good spell up our end.

Feels good to be top of the league, even if it is after two games!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes the guy who's threatening to miss the game because he's in the final of a jumping on other men and grappling to the floor competition.

:wink:

Its going to be massive. The game, not Marks man-love wrestling.

As you say.... the week is going to be a long one.

Oh when the bluuuuuuuueeees..... Oldham reject!! *abbott*

:D

Bring back Dave Penney. I dont like this passing inventive football under Dickov. The scoring of goals and smiles on people's faces.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT OUR PENNEY BACK!

Only kidding for those who dont get sarcasm. The most enjoyable 90 minutes at Boundary Park in a number of years. That first goal was quality and as good as you'll see all season. Nice to see a side playing with those three magic words - pride, passion and belief that seem to have been forgotten in recent years. Everyone wanting the ball and a team that defends as one - every corner County had saw everyone back defending. We attacked with purpose and through various channels rather than the usual predictability we'd become used too. People do go on about our prices but today having paid £20 - I came away smiling feeling like i'd had value for money.

Keep it up Dickov. Make me regret not renewing my season ticket. Gutted i'm at V next week as if I didnt already have plans i'd definitely be making the trip to Charlton.

Wee Jocks Barmy Army!!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Terrible attendance...

It's disappointing, but not the end of the world.

The Notts County following was (I think) only 600.

That means that half the Latics fans in the ground didn't have season tickets. If Latics can keep those guys coming, and hopefully add a few more, then there really is hope for a financially secure season.

I'd like to see efforts over the next two weeks to sign these chaps up for the rest of the season.

Respectful applause.

He also made a point of acknowledging the County fans at the end and then each section of Latics supporters too.

well...fantastic game of football and that first goal..what was it about a dozen one touch pases in out and around them,push it out wide and bang...bloody brilliant.

second goal was just as good and the last one just capped it off,lost me voice today singing and chanting that much...have to say the crowd were great and really got behind the team from the off...and good voice most of the game....we just need to build on this excellent start now and it wont be long before stay aways are coming back....might have to increase me credit card limit n buy a season ticket now...not laeft bp like this for a long long time...really good game.

superb display, keep it going boys!!

Craig Short has really got my goat

'We made Oldham look like real madrid'

right at the end:

'lost last week, huddersfield are a good side, but paul and oldham, theyre a young side with aspirations for promotion but they wont get promotion huddersfield are a far better side and we made oldham look like huddersfield'

WHO'S TOP OF THE LEAGUE YOU PRICK!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8898060.stm

superb display, keep it going boys!!

Craig Short has really got my goat

'We made Oldham look like real madrid'

right at the end:

'lost last week, huddersfield are a good side, but paul and oldham, theyre a young side with aspirations for promotion but they wont get promotion huddersfield are a far better side and we made oldham look like huddersfield'

WHO'S TOP OF THE LEAGUE YOU PRICK!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8898060.stm

haha I think we must of pissed him off after we made him wait 10 minutes at the beginning of the second half

So much better than anything we did all last season.Players playing for each other and like they are enjoying their football.Well done Mr Dickov and the lads,early days but that was impressive today so much so that it is hard to single any player out as they all had a good game.

great game, great performance and great goals. dont think anyone had a bad game and we were comfortable

charlton will be a bigger test but if we play like we did today, i can see us getting a good result.

it was so refreshing to see players wantiong the ball, especially when they lost it which we didnt see under penney at all.

haha I think we must of pissed him off after we made him wait 10 minutes at the beginning of the second half

Yeah that was a bit of a long stand? Wonder if it was a dickov tactic or someone was having a crap?!!!

Missed Furmans goal cos i was at the pie stand!