Latics Starlet Joins Liverpool

Very little you can do to stop someone that young from leaving.

Before anyone starts.

To be fair, it's another one that reflects very well on the club.

Come to Oldham if you are a decent youngster. Premiership clubs such as Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Bolton, Man City are watching and we will never stand in the way of a kid wanting to move up in the football ladder. It makes us a very enticing proposition.

Hopefully we've just added a small sell on clause and that is all we really want to do. Their training will be a million miles ahead of ours - so it is beneficial to us all for him to move on.

This happened a couple of weeks ago. Liverpool are offering a house for family ect. (far more than we could offer)

There's also another kid of a similar age who's set to join Liverpool but is currently on trial with City (city only showed an interest cause a few of the top prem clubs are interested) so hopefully more money on its way!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

think what he means Ack is that we signed him on a free so to sell him for anything is profit

But that's a bit of a nonsense when you factor in signing fee, wages, etc. It's all about the player's current value. Although, many on here seem to think a striker who suffered a serious injury and still managed 13 goals in an awful side where no other player could bag more than 3, is worth sod all.

That's what i meant, but i thought that was obvious...

I think what Ackey might mean is something along the lines of....

Imagine you have a lottery ticket that you bought for a pound, and has three wining numbers giving you a prize of £10. If I buy that ticket off you for a fiver, you make four pounds profit. Cool, but is that really a good bit of business?

Edit PS. This is assuming you did mean Pav, else just ignore me!

Edited by bpmarko

To be fair, it's another one that reflects very well on the club.

Come to Oldham if you are a decent youngster. Premiership clubs such as Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Bolton, Man City are watching and we will never stand in the way of a kid wanting to move up in the football ladder. It makes us a very enticing proposition.

Hopefully we've just added a small sell on clause and that is all we really want to do. Their training will be a million miles ahead of ours - so it is beneficial to us all for him to move on.

Good point

Thought you meant Pav, sorry :)

I did mean Pav!

But that's a bit of a nonsense when you factor in signing fee, wages, etc. It's all about the player's current value. Although, many on here seem to think a striker who suffered a serious injury and still managed 13 goals in an awful side where no other player could bag more than 3, is worth sod all.

Many people seem to forget the amount of chances pav missed! He was just as bad as parker at one on ones but no-one ever mentions that. With the amount of chances he had, to score any less than 13 would have been terrible! I think i should be worried now, i just slagged sir pawel off, death threats could be coming my way!

I think what Ackey might mean is something along the lines of....

Imagine you have a lottery ticket that you bought for a pound, and has three wining numbers giving you a prize of £10. If I buy that ticket off you for a fiver, you make four pounds profit. Cool, but is that really a good bit of business?

Edit PS. This is assuming you did mean Pav, else just ignore me!

I have to be honest, i don't really see your point!