Latics Starlet Joins Liverpool

But in my opinion, getting money for abbott is a good piece of business. It might not be the opinion of everyone else but there you go.

And fair do to you for that. I have no intention of trying to deny you it. Personally I am very torn on the issue of Abbott. He is clearly a very decent player on his day, but I think wage pressures may have been a big issue, and he has injury issues, and possibly does not suit the manager's style of play.

All in all, what's done is done, and the proof wil presumaby be in May's pudding.

And fair do to you for that. I have no intention of trying to deny you it. Personally I am very torn on the issue of Abbott. He is clearly a very decent player on his day, but I think wage pressures may have been a big issue, and he has injury issues, and possibly does not suit the manager's style of play.

All in all, what's done is done, and the proof wil presumaby be in May's pudding.

It will. If it came down to a choice between Penney/Abbott or Dickov/Tounkara/£20k (or whatever the fee was) though I know which side of that particular fence I'd be on. Pav will be gutted like.

It will. If it came down to a choice between Penney/Abbott or Dickov/Tounkara/£20k (or whatever the fee was) though I know which side of that particular fence I'd be on. Pav will be gutted like.

Because he'd still be playing for Oldham under Penney?? :grin:

After all, he did say after he knew Charlton were interested, there was little that would stop him leaving!

Good question. Presumably, we wil never know, as Penney never had the 'reduced budget' that Dickov has to work to.

There would be an extra X amount of money on the budget if Penney was still here as we would not of needed to pay him off.

There would be an extra X amount of money on the budget if Penney was still here as we would not of needed to pay him off.

Minus the alleged two thousand season tickets, and four thousand pay on the gaters we allegedly lost due to his tenure.