what was everybody's opinion of him? VERY EARLY DAYS I know, and Only the third time I've seen him after the games v Wigan and Liverpool in pre-season and I have to say I've been disappointed with him. Can't remember him having had one single shot in all three games. He needs games after a disrupted pre-season and his 'breaks' with N.I. but I think bringing him into the team yesterday at the expense of DJ was harsh on the young 'un. We actually put a few moves together after Feeney left the field. It didn't make sense to bring Warren into the team for the sake of one game with him going off again this week and missing the Bristol Rovers game.

I'm sure he'll come good, but he wasn't in the team on merit for me yesterday. DJ back in for the Shrewsbury and Bristol games, with Feeney on the bench at Peterborough.

Edited by oafcprozac

what was everybody's opinion of him? VERY EARLY DAYS I know, and Only the third time I've seen him after the games v Wigan and Liverpool in pre-season and I have to say I've been disappointed with him. Can't remember him having had one single shot in all three games. He needs games after a disrupted pre-season and his 'breaks' with N.I. but I think bringing him into the team yesterday at the expense of DJ was harsh on the young 'un. We actually put a few moves together after Feeney left the field. It didn't make sense to bring Warren into the team for the sake of one game with him going off again this week and missing the Bristol Rovers game.

I'm sure he'll come good, but he wasn't in the team on merit for me yesterday. DJ back in for the Shrewsbury and Bristol games, with Feeney on the bench at Peterborough.

Yes, he needs games.. much prefer him to the other choices and I wouldn't pay Touncara (or whatever) in washers.

Yes, he needs games.. much prefer him to the other choices and I wouldn't pay Touncara (or whatever) in washers.

THink you're being overly harsh on Tounkare there Alec, yes a lot didn't come off for him yesterday but the midfield needed to push on and help him which left him more and more isolated alongside the ineffective Feeney and the fact that Taylor drifting inside left no outlet out wide. His best moment was bringing down that difficult ball late on superbly, turning and unfortunately hitting it into the side-netting.

There's a lot to work with, but he's a kid and done very well in the away games so far and whilst hit and miss against Notts County scored a cracking goal. Feeney hasn't looked like having a shot yet, never mind scoring. BUT none of our strikers look to be prolific and that's what will let us down. Especially as Yeovil have shown the way how to nullify our midfield threat and creativity.

Edited by oafcprozac

Feeney was a handful at Tranmere and also set up the second goal, he was playing more in the left wing though.

Think we need to give him time, he said himself it takes 6 games or so to settle in and international games inbetween dont help!

Yeah to early to be critising really but i thought he looked a bit of the pace his touch and some of his turns were excellent 1st half at times but they didnt really come to much.

Cant belive the stick tonk is getting thought he was ok yesterday but needed more support

Yeah to early to be critising really but i thought he looked a bit of the pace his touch and some of his turns were excellent 1st half at times but they didnt really come to much.

Cant belive the stick tonk is getting thought he was ok yesterday but needed more support

Feeney will be absent on tues and sat for international duty. reminds me of the rodney jack affair.

I spoke with a mate who lives in Belfast about Feeney just after we signed him, just to get a general gist of what type of person and player he is, his words were he'll always put 100% and bag yas a few goals along the way, now at Tranmere I saw that player, however, yesterday I didn't, so I can only tie in the international duties he has to do, or was it because Lewi provides him with better service than Tayls........

i thought it was wrong to drop the young bembo lita.he needs a league goal and whenever he is on looks lively and links up well with tounakara...feeney for me yesterday huffed n puffed but didnt stamp his authority on the game..

yeovil had big defenders so i was suprised we constantly pumped up in the air to them...bembo came on and we started passing it again,so maybe there is something in thta...but id deffo give kelly a start,looked very good and quick when he came on...maybe start bembo and kelly tuesday and hit them with pace...bring the big guy on if were struggling

A couple of through balls a few mins before he went off showed one of two things...he either has...

1) A severe lack of fitness - which I tend to agree with

2) He's not got, or has lost a load of pace

He was miles away from the ball that the keeper gathered up and then in a footrace to a through ball with their defender, he had his pants pulled down. Still early days with him but not shown a lot so far.

A couple of through balls a few mins before he went off showed one of two things...he either has...

1) A severe lack of fitness - which I tend to agree with

2) He's not got, or has lost a load of pace

He was miles away from the ball that the keeper gathered up and then in a footrace to a through ball with their defender, he had his pants pulled down. Still early days with him but not shown a lot so far.

Only played 26 games since 2008 so it will be at least 6/7 more games before he is getting to full sharpness..

Thought it was PD's first poor decision to start Feeney & drop young DBL. Feeney was ineffective for the 65mins he played; failing to worry a pretty average CB partnership in Virgo & Huntington. He looks to me a good way short of fitness; and looks to be well short of the pace that I remember him having at Bournemouth.

DBL has done ever so well this season; but I'd plump for Dean Kelly on Tuesday night along side big Oumare; I thought he had a very impressive cameo; showing good movement & assured touches.

As for the minority of fans who appear to want to give Oumare dogs abuse for the obvious reason - stop it; you give us a bad name & its out of order. In the main stand paddock; you know who you are and its poor form that needs to be stamped out.

our best game is when we are passing on the floor

Although the moments were few and far between yesterday, when we do knock it around on the deck we look bloody brilliant.

I posted somewhere last night that the bloke behind me yelled something along the lines of "Stop trying to be like Arsenal and hoof it forwards" in one of our rate moments of pretty possession.

I'd say "trying to be like Arsenal" is a fairly decent aim!