LDV Highlights

So since 1997

First five years on the trot we went out on the Golden Goal - 4 times at home.

The abandoned game v Stoke after Floodlight failure after being 1-0 down, the replayed game which saw Gary Kelly juggle and drop the ball over the line in the very last minute of Extra-Time.

Our old nemesis Alan McLoughlin coming back to haunt us with a couple in a 3-2 win (Golden Goals naturally) in 2001

Finally winning a game in the competition v Tranmere, winning at Notts County before mini-shez was sent-off in the Semi-final and us getting battered 5-2

Scott Vernon coming off the bench for his debut at 3-1 down v Carlisle, scoring a pair of crackers within minutes before succumbing to yet another Golden Goal!

A penalty win a home to Hartlepool after an entertaining 3-3 draw, losing at Bury in the next round and despite it being the LDV filling most of the away end.

Two late goals from Dean Holden and Griff turning round the tie vs Accrington, The Kilkenny and Croft show in beating Hartlepool 3-1, the awesome David Eyres strike v Tranmere and the excitement of the shoot-out win. Ugarte ripping us a new one in the Northern Final.

The penalty defeat to Carlisle

Despite being on fire, losing to a pisspoor Chesterfield side

2-0 down at Accrington, playing terribly before a second-half fightback securing a 3-2 win. Hammered 3-0 at Donny, Gregan's season ended that night through injury.

Losing at home to Morecambe on penalties

Losing at home to Accrington.............

AWS/LDV/JPT Record

P21 W7 L14 F29 A40

Penalty Shoot wins 2

Penalty Shoot out defeats 2

Golden Goal Defeats 5

I hate this competition with a passion, will I be there tonight? Yer damn right I will!

So since 1997

First five years on the trot we went out on the Golden Goal - 4 times at home.

The abandoned game v Stoke after Floodlight failure after being 1-0 down, the replayed game which saw Gary Kelly juggle and drop the ball over the line in the very last minute of Extra-Time.

Our old nemesis Alan McLoughlin coming back to haunt us with a couple in a 3-2 win (Golden Goals naturally) in 2001

Finally winning a game in the competition v Tranmere, winning at Notts County before mini-shez was sent-off in the Semi-final and us getting battered 5-2

Scott Vernon coming off the bench for his debut at 3-1 down v Carlisle, scoring a pair of crackers within minutes before succumbing to yet another Golden Goal!

A penalty win a home to Hartlepool after an entertaining 3-3 draw, losing at Bury in the next round and despite it being the LDV filling most of the away end.

Two late goals from Dean Holden and Griff turning round the tie vs Accrington, The Kilkenny and Croft show in beating Hartlepool 3-1, the awesome David Eyres strike v Tranmere and the excitement of the shoot-out win. Ugarte ripping us a new one in the Northern Final.

The penalty defeat to Carlisle

Despite being on fire, losing to a pisspoor Chesterfield side

2-0 down at Accrington, playing terribly before a second-half fightback securing a 3-2 win. Hammered 3-0 at Donny, Gregan's season ended that night through injury.

Losing at home to Morecambe on penalties

Losing at home to Accrington.............

AWS/LDV/JPT Record

P21 W7 L14 F29 A40

Penalty Shoot wins 2

Penalty Shoot out defeats 2

Golden Goal Defeats 5

I hate this competition with a passion, will I be there tonight? Yer damn right I will!

Thats the spirit, I'll be there as well, Cant argue with free admission!

Thats the spirit, I'll be there as well, Cant argue with free admission!

cant make it due to work..but im sending me son and his stepdad instead,im sure he will enjoy it,hahaha

hopefully a decent display as there so dissapointed with a draw,get some confidence back and put the shootin boots on again in readiness for saturday.