Anyone else aware of this?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/31082010/58/...-late-kick.html

Old Trafford or Cardiff apparently - both would be a much better day out for fans than that :censored:ty area of London Wembley's in.

i suppose but the whole thing about wembley is a day out and a great stadium. when i went to see rochdale in the play-offs the weather was sh!t but i still had a good day.

theres argument over the fa cup final as well with the champions league at wembley and it might have to be on a league saturday

I visited the new Wembley for the first time this weekend. Really enjoyed the day. Fantastic stadium. coming out of Wembley park and seeing the masses on Wembley way is an amazing sight.

Would be gutted if we finally got there and it was at Old trafford. Cardiff is a smart stadium though. Right in the city centre.

It's a bit :censored:e though that lower league fans don't get to see their teams at the home of football. Wembley has always been the prize. You could draw United in one of the cups and play there.

United Kingdom.

What's your point?

we can all be smart arses :wink:

and Wembley is still in a :censored:ty area. Shame really as the new stadium is superb (apart from the concessions stands) - surely with what they paid they could have bunged in a bit of infrastructure for the visiting fans?

The Millenium Stadium puts it to shame and is a fantastic day out...

Right off to support my team...and hopefully influence the beginnings of a run to Wembley.*

*Disclaimer. Not responsible if we play like a bag of :censored: and lose tonight...

Edited by oafcprozac

I prefered it when England games were on the road, but Wembley is the only place you can really have a cup final

Superb days out at Old Trafford, went to every qualifier at OT and one at St. James' no interest in watching England at wembley unless it was in the latter stages of a World Cup.

Superb days out at Old Trafford, went to every qualifier at OT and one at St. James' no interest in watching England at wembley unless it was in the latter stages of a World Cup.

I'm the same I have no interest of watching England at Wembley unless it was against one of the home nations, when it was on the road it was more of an event for people and there was a much more positive atmosphere at games even the friendlies, whereas when they're played at Wembley it feels more like a chore

Anyways back on topic how many more fans would we take to OT than what we'd take to Wembley?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

OT < Wembley

Wembley beats it from every prospective except cost which I doubt is a big concern for most when it comes to something like the play offs...

disagree completely. would take more to OT. if we got to playoff final we would get lots of stayaways back and a few glory hunters and a few just out for a good day. all those exept for regulars and a percentage of the recent stayaways would be more easily persuaded to get a 20 minute bus ride into manchester followed by aload of cheap beer than they would for a minimun of a 4 hour journey that will cost ten times as much just to get there and then pay the rediculous prices that you get in and around wembely.

i am a regular home and away and not old enough to have seen us at wembly before and would love to see us play there but for a good day out i think OT would be a much better experience and day out and the same for cardiff its in the city centre would be a great atmosphere in cardiff/manchester all day if it was there

Doesn't really matter though does it? Play-offs? We're having a laugh.

We had a good first few games, need to kick on, cope with injuries and suspensions and for the management team to get the best out of the lads on the other side of the winter period before we need to worry about where the play-off finals are being held.

I'm tryna convince myself that I should never go to Wembley unless it was with Latics, and our only realistic chance besides the JPT is via the Play-offs.

If they're gonna continue to play the stupid Community Shield and the passionless League Cup there then so should the Play-offs.