Gregan back for Sat

Strange one that he’s come back into the 20 man squad without any games since the Burnely reserve game a few weeks ago – but that withstanding; welcome back Big Man.

<I fully expect him to be one of the 2 who drop out of the match day 18 though>

Strange one that he’s come back into the 20 man squad without any games since the Burnely reserve game a few weeks ago – but that withstanding; welcome back Big Man.

<I fully expect him to be one of the 2 who drop out of the match day 18 though>

Did he play in the Burnley game?

More to the point, i expect him to be on the the bench with McDonald. M'Voto and Jarrett to start!

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

3 CB's?

i hope we don't play Mvoto and McDonald. Didnt look the most confident against Shrews.

Unfair. They've both done good enough when called upon. Mvoto looked solid against Yeovil, not so much against Shrewsbury. McDonald was impressive when he replaced Hazell.

Remember: We haven't scored many goals but we haven't conceded many either.

Back to the topic - A 70% fit Gregan has to start.

Unfair. They've both done good enough when called upon. Mvoto looked solid against Yeovil, not so much against Shrewsbury. McDonald was impressive when he replaced Hazell.

read your post again and tell us why a 70% gregan must start then

I couldnt get to the Yeovil game but i thought Mvoto was very shakey against Shrews. Although he won a lot in the air the ball ended up with a Shrews player more often than not. Seems to me that he doesn't like the ball at his feet and not too keen on his positioning. Also disappointed when come up for corners IMO.

First time i've seen Mcdonald. Thought he looked nervous at first (shown with his first pass straight to a Shrews player). He grew into the game and kept it simple. Think he got turned for the goal tho?

Rather see Jarrett and Gregan play if fit enough. The above two are ok as back up for me.

Initially, I was defending (terrible pun) Mvoto and McDonald hence the 'back to the [Gregan] topic'.

In answer to your question: A 70% fit Gregan is better than any CB at the club.

Gregan is the best defender at the club

but a 70% Gegan is going to be a liabilty to a team that has defended from fairly well to very well over the last few games.

if we rush him back it could mean we have bigger problems in the long run when more suspensions and injuries occur elsewhere.

put him on the bench in case of enmergency but there is no real need to put him back in right away

Leaders on the pitch - suggests he will start.

If Hazell and Jarrett are both fit, should Gregan start?

If he's fully fit he's starts, he is by far the best player at the club, but i think it might be better to have him come as as sub for a couple of games or at least a full reserve team game, it was only a week or so ago that the club released a statement saying he was unfit for any matches so i cant see how he is ready yet. Once he's proved he's match fit he's the first name on the team sheet

If he's fully fit he's starts, he is by far the best player at the club, but i think it might be better to have him come as as sub for a couple of games or at least a full reserve team game, it was only a week or so ago that the club released a statement saying he was unfit for any matches so i cant see how he is ready yet. Once he's proved he's match fit he's the first name on the team sheet

as i understand it jarretts back,he only had a stomach bug or something so he will deffo be back...

if greegs isnt 100% then why rush him back in with little reserve match time under his belt...the injury he has had,if something was to go bad because he isnt 100% will most certainly finish his carear...

jarrett n mvoto for me,greegs on bech and like has been said,if its a comy game and were winning easily throw himon for ten mins at end...

same with dickov,who has named himself in the squad

So you'd drop Hazell, who's been excellent, or Jarrett, who's added flexibility to the shape of the side and allowed the midfield to deliver more?

(not having a dig, just enjoying the fact Oldham Athletic's manager actually has the luxury of such a decision!).

So you'd drop Hazell, who's been excellent, or Jarrett, who's added flexibility to the shape of the side and allowed the midfield to deliver more?

(not having a dig, just enjoying the fact Oldham Athletic's manager actually has the luxury of such a decision!).

he doesnt have to drop hazell..he is unjured,one less choice to make...jarretts back so thats easy....id say its more of a problem who toplay on wings n upfront to be honest...maybe thats why he has named himself in the squad..score goals or ill play meself.lol

If Gregan starts I'll be highly surprised, however Hazell has a knock (so may not be fit enough), it only takes a little niggle for one of the other 3 (assuming Jarrett has recovered from his bug) and Gregan is on the bench (he may go onto the bench anyway but I doubt it). I'm not sure how fit he was for some of the games last season but he played because we had very few other options. A fully fit Gregan is either in the team or on the bench (if the two incumbent centre-halfs are playing well I wouldn't change them as it sends out the wrong message).