Hardest footballer ever (not Latics specific)

Pointon stood up, he rolls around like he's broken his leg Keane is off and definately rightly so.

Someone who I think deserves an honourable mention is Justin Fashanu, doing what he did, when you were of African descent in those days took a lot of bottle (as emphasised that despite it being over 20 years ago (if not 30), no-one else has come out in professional football in this country). Not to mention some of the stuff his brother said about him. But then again maybe that isn't being hard its having balls the size of BP.

i'm sure it all involved him being "hard" at some stage?

unless he was permanently Martha?

Pointon stood up, he rolls around like he's broken his leg Keane is off and definately rightly so.

Someone who I think deserves an honourable mention is Justin Fashanu, doing what he did, when you were of African descent in those days took a lot of bottle (as emphasised that despite it being over 20 years ago (if not 30), no-one else has come out in professional football in this country). Not to mention some of the stuff his brother said about him. But then again maybe that isn't being hard its having balls the size of BP.

kean isnt "hard " there just a nasty oirish thug as usual ! any one can kick someone . the hard man there was dissa for getting strait up like nowt had happend

kean isnt "hard " there just a nasty oirish thug as usual ! any one can kick someone . the hard man there was dissa for getting strait up like nowt had happend

Anyone who says that Roy Keane isn't hard is talking to the fairies. He quite plainly is. He could kill you and all your mates, and their dogs, and your next door neighbour. He might not be a nice bloke, but he is quite good at being hard.

Anyone who says that Roy Keane isn't hard is talking to the fairies. He quite plainly is. He could kill you and all your mates, and their dogs, and your next door neighbour. He might not be a nice bloke, but he is quite good at being hard.

Martin Keown was a bit of an ugly pyscho, remember him bullying United.

He might be (although I have seen little evidence), or he might just be your typical, game, fiery Irishman - sorry for the generalisation people.

He might be (although I have seen little evidence), or he might just be your typical, game, fiery Irishman - sorry for the generalisation people.

One of the characteristics of Roy Keane that suggests to me he really is quite hard is one that has only really come to light since he became a manager.

He has that unnerving ability to come over as more menacing the quieter he talks. It's the implied knowledge that there's no need to shout because if it comes to it he'll be perfectly happy to finish the conversation outside. With as many as feel like it.

I seem to remember a clash between Keane and Shearer where the Geordie joker as good as laid him out there and then. However, I suspect that even to this day Shearer is secretly fearing some kind of brutal revenge.

I think it's incredibly English that we try and look for Hardmen who are not stand-out nutters but instead the 'gentleman'.

Like they're harder because they're nicer off the pitch or can have a laugh. Keane was hard because not only was he a bit handy he was also ruthless (ask Alf-Inge Haaland!).

One of the characteristics of Roy Keane that suggests to me he really is quite hard is one that has only really come to light since he became a manager.

He has that unnerving ability to come over as more menacing the quieter he talks. It's the implied knowledge that there's no need to shout because if it comes to it he'll be perfectly happy to finish the conversation outside. With as many as feel like it.

I seem to remember a clash between Keane and Shearer where the Geordie joker as good as laid him out there and then. However, I suspect that even to this day Shearer is secretly fearing some kind of brutal revenge.

i thought it was common knowledge that Shearer was hard as nails hence Keanes "hold me back, hold me back" performance??