Latics 2-1 Bournemouth

We were lucky chaps, no bones about it.

I honestly thought we were not going to score, I was having flashbacks of Penney footy all very nice upto the opps penalty box and then we do not have a clue.

We have to a get a front man sorted in the centre and fast, how many times were Feeney and Tank out of position for crosses? Granted Feeney could have got us a Penalty is the first half if he went down, credit that he kept going inthe box - but that's it for me. I am not impressed with him at all. Tank - where the hell was his support? Holding the ball for eons of time with two on your and no-one giving him support.

Stephens - concentrate for the entire game man - you got caught out several times

Jones - Did he turn up? - thanks and goodbye think I have only been mildly impressed once this season

TAYLOR - do me a favour, if your going to have two defenders on you all the time go right out on the wing, take them with you and stay out there. Team, don't pass to him at all and you have been more useful taking two defenders out without touching the ball. Nice handbag slap on that defender though - you should have been sent off

Black - has been given the runnaround in several matches now but has stuck at it. Keep going son

M'voto - great at hustling a player off the ball, not so great at distribution. How unlucky was he when he was letting the ball run out of play with a striker on his back and the ball stuck on the line at the corner flag. He got some stick from the Bournemouth fans for that one.I honestly thought then we had no luck

Brill - I was in the RRE so can't really comment if the goal was his error, booed was he? You should be ashamed. The was made scape goat for a lot last season and he still wants to put the Oldham shirt on - Fleming doesn't. Support the man, he's going to get grief in games for opps fans all the time but from his own????

Intersting times ahead, need to play with wingers, need a point man in the box and we should be okay. I'm going to stick though that we will finish about 10th.

Its great to be a latics fan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought we were pretty poor yesterday and extremely fortunate to get 3 points.

Bournemouth were the better team overall and worked incredibly hard not to allow us any time and space on the ball.

They must be kicking themselves at coming away with nothing from that game given their performance, Eddie Howe is a really bright young manager who looks to be going places in the game.

The referee wasn't the best and was quite inconsistent throughout.

It was a good game to win for us, having not played that well, Tounkara and Lee were our best players (and it was no coincidence that they got the goals).

Brill really is a massive liability from free kicks anywhere around the box even out wide as we saw yesterday, he still can't put an effective wall in place and his own positioning is very poor. For their goal yesterday he looked like he was positioning himself for a cross, but he should know everyone is going to shoot everytime if they have done any homework atall, as its him in goal and free kicks are better than penalties, given his walls and positioning. He was also well beaten by their other free kick that hit the post.

We stuck at it yesterday when it really did look like we would get nothing from the game and the introduction of Alessandra made a real difference.

A special word on Feeney, we look better when he is away on international duty (it makes you realise how very bad Northern Ireland really are), his constant throwing himself to the floor looking for free kicks (the referee sussed him very early yesterday) was very unproductive.

He has the look of a 3 goal a season man to me and I think he is a poor man's Paul Warne, we will do better with Brooke up front when he is back fit alongside Tounkara.

We did, but it's reasonable to discuss the frailties we showed.

How many times did he look like he wanted the ball? How many times did he provide an option for Black? How many times did he look up, see an old man in front of him and think "I can do him every time"? How many times did he move in to space to give an option to Brill for a clearance?

I staunchly defended Taylor when he was receiving stick on his return from injury this season. I think he's had reasonable time to adjust back in to it. There's still a problem with him though. My mate (a Peterborough fan) described as "not a fraction of the player he was" and it's a fair assessment. Last season I thought his issues were around a fear of being injured again. It may still be the underlying problem.

and that is exactly what the most of us have been saying about taylor...he has the ability to do his job properly...running at defenders especially as he was what 36,a striker by trade,so he is gonna be wary of anything speedy or a bit skillfull.lost count of the amount of times yesterday he didnt or wouldnt run down the line to create space or take defenders with him.just stood there then when it goes tits up hes very quick to berate all and sundry.

there were at least 2 times in first half were we did them out wide,he clipped it into middle then instead of pulling wide again ran into middle,stephens had no outlet so it had to go back.

its no wonder everything goes down the right these days,the team dont seem to have conficence in him....i reckon this his is pivotal season with us,if he doesnt do the things he is being asked dickov will get rid...its a team game not im the ginger superstar game....

i would also say stephens needs to up his game as well,not done well in last 3 home games really,he came to life yesterday once lees goal had gone in...but he needs to be onhis game from the go,maybe its catching up with him i dont know...

I honestly thought we were not going to score, I was having flashbacks of Penney footy all very nice upto the opps penalty box and then we do not have a clue.

We have to a get a front man sorted in the centre and fast, how many times were Feeney and Tank out of position for crosses? Granted Feeney could have got us a Penalty is the first half if he went down, credit that he kept going inthe box - but that's it for me. I am not impressed with him at all. Tank - where the hell was his support? Holding the ball for eons of time with two on your and no-one giving him support.

Stephens - concentrate for the entire game man - you got caught out several times

Jones - Did he turn up? - thanks and goodbye think I have only been mildly impressed once this season

TAYLOR - do me a favour, if your going to have two defenders on you all the time go right out on the wing, take them with you and stay out there. Team, don't pass to him at all and you have been more useful taking two defenders out without touching the ball. Nice handbag slap on that defender though - you should have been sent off

Black - has been given the runnaround in several matches now but has stuck at it. Keep going son

M'voto - great at hustling a player off the ball, not so great at distribution. How unlucky was he when he was letting the ball run out of play with a striker on his back and the ball stuck on the line at the corner flag. He got some stick from the Bournemouth fans for that one.I honestly thought then we had no luck

Brill - I was in the RRE so can't really comment if the goal was his error, booed was he? You should be ashamed. The was made scape goat for a lot last season and he still wants to put the Oldham shirt on - Fleming doesn't. Support the man, he's going to get grief in games for opps fans all the time but from his own????

Intersting times ahead, need to play with wingers, need a point man in the box and we should be okay. I'm going to stick though that we will finish about 10th.

Much better distribution than Rubes. Every time he gets the ball he gives it back to the opposition, hence why they are happy to let him have it and dont close him down.

How many times did he look like he wanted the ball? How many times did he provide an option for Black? How many times did he look up, see an old man in front of him and think "I can do him every time"? How many times did he move in to space to give an option to Brill for a clearance?

I staunchly defended Taylor when he was receiving stick on his return from injury this season. I think he's had reasonable time to adjust back in to it. There's still a problem with him though. My mate (a Peterborough fan) described as "not a fraction of the player he was" and it's a fair assessment. Last season I thought his issues were around a fear of being injured again. It may still be the underlying problem.

He is one of the few players who looks like he wants the ball, so apart from the beating his man question I'd say the answer is quite a few.

As for giving Brill an option, well he did, but all Brill ever does is lump it long to the forwards. Usually to the smaller of the two aswell.

Taylor isn't playing as well as he can at the moment, however he isnt doing badly. He didn't have much of a pre-season due to injuries, and he was put back in the side quicker that he was going to be back in because of Alessandra's injury. He is getting there though. I just don't understand why so many people seemingly can't wait to have a pop at him.

Here's my take...

We were lucky to get the win. I expected a game for the purists today but Bournemouth despite plenty of goals and seemingly good performances so far were pretty average but were more than good enough to nick a 1-0. We started well enough but didn't create a great deal and one corner in 90 minutes tells its own story. We looked lethargic in midfield and Stephens has been poor every time I've seen him this season. I rate this lad and have bigged him up constantly but perhaps time to switch Jones into the centre. Furman was industrious but his colour-blindness from last season had returned. So nothing in the game, with only the work-rate and presence of Tounkare being our one positive. Lee was being pulled out of position and he does look good going forward but often he's caught inside when defending.

Bournemouth's goal can be interpreted in two ways, great strike or awful keeping position. Personally I think it was a mixture of both. Brill's positioning wasn't great - although it was right in the corner and he obviously misjudged it. TBH I couldn't where a goal was coming from but fair play to Dicky he made the subs and the ineffective Taylor would have been my first choice to be subbed. He's been ok over the last couple of weeks but was awful yesterday - he wasn't the only one but he needs to up his game and have an impact instead of dead-end runs. Lewi's introduction finally gave us a bit of guile in providing a much needed link between attack and midfield and Taylor looked a tad better on the right. Apart from Feeney's miss early in second-half (and he was terrible - not one shot on target yet) the only other two times we ventured into Bournemouth's penalty area we bagged goals. Feeney contributed to his own downfall - by turning back he cost himself an injury when he could have easily pushed on for that third goal or gone for safety into the corner, in the end he did neither, got robbed of the ball and injured his ankle.

I'm pleased with the win, I wanted a manky win and it's exactly what I got! Still lots more to do and as well as Hello played, we missed a leader out there yesterday and surely Greegs needs to be back sooner rather than later. We needed a voice out there today, luckily we got out of jail but mainly because Bournemouth like us are a team of kids.

Brill - Had nothing to do, I think in reality he has to be apportioned blame for the goal

Lee - decent going forward but caught inside far too many times for my liking

Rubes - Solid enough, needs to lead. He's the experience in the team

Mvoto - Best game in a blue shirt, commanding in the air but until Big Fletch came on they offered very little threat aerially

Black - Solid enough

Jones - Quieter game, but he was starved of any real service. Time to move him inside and take Stephens out of the firing line

Stephens - Poor, he's set his standards but is gradually getting worse. Needs to step up and start taking games by the throat again

Furman - Busy, but looked his passing was lethargic

Taylor - Poor, not involved for big periods and his movement let him down. Slight improvement when moved onto the right

Tonk - Superb, masterclass of hold up play and fully deserved his goal MOM by a mile

Feeney - Has the ability, but he's been poor so far. Doesn't look a threat at all. His family being in South Wales won't help him to settle either. I fear a a good few weeks on the sidelines now. We signed him to score goals and sadly he doesn't look like getting any.

Subs:

Lewi - We've missed his link up play, his ability to dribble and find space proves he has the ability. Now starting to have an impact again. Well done, changed the game

Kelly - Busy, made a nuisance of himself. He needs a goal though and may get a run now thanks to DJ and Feeney's injuries

JJ - On for seconds

Overall a wins a win, and we needed that yesterday. We definitely look like a shoe-in for mid-table. Two tough away games coming up now....ANYTHING will be a bonus from Brighton and Sheffield.

Special mention for Steve Fletcher, a Bournemouth and lower league legend and had some great banter with us in the paddock, but boy is it full of moaning old farts!

Edited by oafcprozac

Here's my take...

We were lucky to get the win. I expected a game for the purists today but Bournemouth despite plenty of goals and seemingly good performances so far were pretty average but were more than good enough to nick a 1-0. We started well enough but didn't create a great deal and one corner in 90 minutes tells its own story. We looked lethargic in midfield and Stephens has been poor every time I've seen him this season. I rate this lad and have bigged him up constantly but perhaps time to switch Jones into the centre. Furman was industrious but his colour-blindness from last season had returned. So nothing in the game, with only the work-rate and presence of Tounkare being our one positive. Lee was being pulled out of position and he does look good going forward but often he's caught inside when defending.

Bournemouth's goal can be interpreted in two ways, great strike or awful keeping position. Personally I think it was a mixture of both. Brill's positioning wasn't great - although it was right in the corner and he obviously misjudged it. TBH I couldn't where a goal was coming from but fair play to Dicky he made the subs and the ineffective Taylor would have been my first choice to be subbed. He's been ok over the last couple of weeks but was awful yesterday - he wasn't the only one but he needs to up his game and have an impact instead of dead-end runs. Lewi's introduction finally gave us a bit of guile in providing a much needed link between attack and midfield and Taylor looked a tad better on the right. Apart from Feeney's miss early in second-half (and he was terrible - not one shot on target yet) the only other two times we ventured into Bournemouth's penalty area we bagged goals. Feeney contributed to his own downfall - by turning back he cost himself an injury when he could have easily pushed on for that third goal or gone for safety into the corner, in the end he did neither, got robbed of the ball and injured his ankle.

I'm pleased with the win, I wanted a manky win and it's exactly what I got! Still lots more to do and as well as Hello played, we missed a leader out there yesterday and surely Greegs needs to be back sooner rather than later. We needed a voice out there today, luckily we got out of jail but mainly because Bournemouth like us are a team of kids.

Brill - Had nothing to do, I think in reality he has to be apportioned blame for the goal

Mvoto - Best game in a blue shirt, commanding in the air but until Big Fletch came on they offered very little threat aerially

Black - Solid enough

Jones - Quieter game, but he was starved of any real service. Time to move him inside and take Stephens out of the firing line

Stephens - Poor, he's set his standards but is gradually getting worse. Needs to step up and start taking games by the throat again

Taylor - Poor, not involved for big periods and his movement let him down. Slight improvement when moved onto the right

Tonk - Superb, masterclass of hold up play and fully deserved his goal MOM by a mile

Feeney - Has the ability, but he's been poor so far. Doesn't look a threat at all. His family being in South Wales won't help him to settle either. I fear a a good few weeks on the sidelines now. We signed him to score goals and sadly he doesn't look like getting any.

Subs:

Lewi - We've missed his link up play, his ability to dribble and find space proves he has the ability. Now starting to have an impact again. Well done, changed the game

Kelly - Busy, made a nuisance of himself. He needs a goal though and may get a run now thanks to DJ and Feeney's injuries

JJ - On for seconds

Overall a wins a win, and we needed that yesterday. We definitely look like a shoe-in for mid-table. Two tough away games coming up now....ANYTHING will be a bonus from Brighton and Sheffield.

Special mention for Steve Fletcher, a Bournemouth and lower league legend and had some great banter with us in the paddock, but boy is it full of moaning old farts!

should of come in rre,you just get the booing there.lol

trouble is to bring greegs in who ya gonna frop???? hazell and mvoto have done well without really exceeding...jarrett was dropped to bench presumably because he had a mare last week and is a bit slow,which when ya look at greegs,all home games i have seen so far he would of been done for pace....agree with the stephens thing as well...dropped off the boil last 4 games or so,needs to be dropped to show him he needs to up his game again...

drop stephens, put jones in the middle, bring lewi in on the left and stick taylor on the right.

from the chaddy, their goal looked like a good finish. but the linesman should never have given it. if the booing people are on about towards brill was directly after the goal, then i think it was towards the linesman that gave the freekick, not to brill as it was a shocking decision.

did anyone see the linesman put him flag up in the bournemouth players face, he wasnt happy :lol:

drop stephens, put jones in the middle, bring lewi in on the left and stick taylor on the right.

from the chaddy, their goal looked like a good finish. but the linesman should never have given it. if the booing people are on about towards brill was directly after the goal, then i think it was towards the linesman that gave the freekick, not to brill as it was a shocking decision.

did anyone see the linesman put him flag up in the bournemouth players face, he wasnt happy :lol:

It was a harsh free-kick, the referee was pisspoor - their players were going to ground very easily and they had the ref in their back pockets all game. Another ref from the generation that thinks we pay to see him. The fourth official was a tosser too having a go at Jones about three seconds after coming off to put his bib on. I would have told him to fook off!

Edited by oafcprozac

Sorry but that is a pile of fookin s***

Fleming left on loan because DP said ' you aint going to be involved ' and when we needed another keeper before we got Flavahan back he had the chance to recall fleming. Not involved at all, of play first team football for your boyhood club?

Also judging by Flemings status on Facebook when PD put him on transfer list, he is upset about having to leave the club.

16 Wiggins impressed me he will be playing in a big league soon in the premi league got a good freekick took his goal well.

03 Garry did well ex Arsenal player looked good

23 Bradbury did well to 35 year old playing at the back but his head fall down :grin: in the second half he did well in the 1st half

I would like to see oldham sign the both two players i mention but cant see it happening atall

Had 07 Pugh scored the game would have been over for oldham but it the post :lol:

All round Bournemouth are a good football team and "I don't think either team played particularly well football-wise, there could have but it was ok to watch.

Cheers

RoyleArmy

:grin: :grin:

Edited by RoyleArmy

It was a harsh free-kick, the referee was pisspoor - their players were going to ground very easily and they had the ref in their back pockets all game. Another ref from the generation that thinks we pay to see him.

Couldn't agree more, i don't like slagging off referees (no really, i don't) but he was awful. Not an excuse for not defending it but it was never a free-kick, if anything the foul could have gone the other way. Having said that their FK that hit the bar would have been an even softer goal to concede, it was painful to watch, you could see exactly where he was going to put it.

Definitely lucky to get the 3 points, we'll play far better than that and lose this season. Dickov's substitutions turned out to be inspired, although i'll admit my reaction at the time was "we're getting outmuscled in midfield, what the f**k's he bringing Alice on for? He's got no chance of keeping hold of the ball" and "FFS why are we going 4-3-3? We've got nothing in the middle as it is, the ball's not going to get anywhere near the strikers". As my brother repeatedly tells me, 'that's why you lot shouldn't be allowed in unless you're making the tea'.

And can we not get Gregan a training bib that fits him? It can't be good for his self-esteem, having to sling it around his neck cos he's too fat for it.

Not sure why everyone's raving about Bournemouth's performance.

True they made it difficult for us but they were nothing special. Their only real chances came from freekicks, one of which shouldn't have been given (the goal). Apart from that I don't remember them creating anything - did Brill have a save to make?

And the constant criticism of Taylor by some people is ridiculous. Everyone knows he's not at his best but he's slowly getting better with each game (also happens have chipped in with a couple of goals). For me Stephens and Feeney were far worse yesterday than Taylor. Agree with the post about Feeney being a worse version of Paul Warne.

no the booing was directed at brill. they booed after the goal then he got the ball a minute later and they booed again. its a disgrace and some people really do need dropping on there head.

no the booing was directed at brill. they booed after the goal then he got the ball a minute later and they booed again. its a disgrace and some people really do need dropping on there head.

well that's not right. i was part of that booing but i was directing it at the linesman and i thought everyone else was. i dont see the fuss about brill, he's been pretty solid this season and is better than quite a few keepers in this league

The worry from my point of view is that we didn't have enough/ any players who took the game by the scruff of the neck at 0-1.

The inspiration came from PD on the bench yesterday via substitutions and tactical changes rather than from players on the pitch. At 1-1 we were all over em.

Vocal leader needed who can lead by example. We are a confidence team and therefore need characters for when the going gets tough.

Fantastic to see an Oldham manager making such a big, positive contribution during a game. A rare occurance in this decade...

Edited by dazlatic

Can people stop slating Taylor for cutting inside and some are then saying he doesn't want the ball. If he didn't want the ball he'd stay out wide all the time. Plus, I've said this before and I'll keep saying it, if Taylor stays out wide he scores a fraction of the goals he does get- we'd have lost 5-1 last weekend for example.

Their goal wasn't a FK but I still think its Brill's fault, yes it was right in the corner but it wasn't in the top corner, it looked like he was caught cheating and trying to make it easier for him to come for the cross. He then couldn't get his feet right and so couldn't jump for a ball that looked like it was within his reach if he had done. I think the booing of him is an absolute disgrace though, only one person on here has admitted that they booed and it was more than that. Brill didn't seem to get his wall right for the FK which hit the post either, I was in the Chaddy but to me it looked like the wall was too far over to my left (so brill's right) making it easier to go round the wall to the left. But if he was a Premier League goalie he'd be playing in the Premier League, most goalies at this level have a weakness and maybe Brill's is free kicks.

My dad thought Mvoto was MOTM and wasn't that impressed with Tounkare but I thought Tounkare had a decent game. Alessandra was the difference today (those who said Taylor looked better on the right do you think that was because the opposition had to worry about Alessandra on the left, similar to how they had to worry about Hughes 2 years ago).

I was impressed with Kieran Lee again today, he took his goal very well, if Feeney is going to be out for a while I'd be tempted to stick him in midfield, push Dale or Furman further forward and play someone else at RB, my choice would be Andy Holdsworth (if fit), especially for some of our tricky away games coming up.

Paul Black had a tough game today that winger of theirs did stay wide (but he had the advantage of having 5 in midfield at times) and had a lot of pace. He stuck to his task well and at his level and experience showing improvement is important and from the middle of last season he has done that comfortably for me.

BTW Prozac, the fourth offical was right to get Jones to put a bib on- he was still in his playing kit, could easily have been mistaken for one of our active players by either the linesman or one of their defenders. You don't see subs warming up like that, so the same applies to those warming down, Gregan on the other hand...

On this point I'm glad to see the sports science guy has gotten our players to warm down straight away after being subbed, that might prevent the odd little niggly injury.

Can people stop slating Taylor for cutting inside and some are then saying he doesn't want the ball. If he didn't want the ball he'd stay out wide all the time. Plus, I've said this before and I'll keep saying it, if Taylor stays out wide he scores a fraction of the goals he does get- we'd have lost 5-1 last weekend for example.

Their goal wasn't a FK but I still think its Brill's fault, yes it was right in the corner but it wasn't in the top corner, it looked like he was caught cheating and trying to make it easier for him to come for the cross. He then couldn't get his feet right and so couldn't jump for a ball that looked like it was within his reach if he had done. I think the booing of him is an absolute disgrace though, only one person on here has admitted that they booed and it was more than that. Brill didn't seem to get his wall right for the FK which hit the post either, I was in the Chaddy but to me it looked like the wall was too far over to my left (so brill's right) making it easier to go round the wall to the left. But if he was a Premier League goalie he'd be playing in the Premier League, most goalies at this level have a weakness and maybe Brill's is free kicks.

My dad thought Mvoto was MOTM and wasn't that impressed with Tounkare but I thought Tounkare had a decent game. Alessandra was the difference today (those who said Taylor looked better on the right do you think that was because the opposition had to worry about Alessandra on the left, similar to how they had to worry about Hughes 2 years ago).

I was impressed with Kieran Lee again today, he took his goal very well, if Feeney is going to be out for a while I'd be tempted to stick him in midfield, push Dale or Furman further forward and play someone else at RB, my choice would be Andy Holdsworth (if fit), especially for some of our tricky away games coming up.

Paul Black had a tough game today that winger of theirs did stay wide (but he had the advantage of having 5 in midfield at times) and had a lot of pace. He stuck to his task well and at his level and experience showing improvement is important and from the middle of last season he has done that comfortably for me.

BTW Prozac, the fourth offical was right to get Jones to put a bib on- he was still in his playing kit, could easily have been mistaken for one of our active players by either the linesman or one of their defenders. You don't see subs warming up like that, so the same applies to those warming down, Gregan on the other hand...

On this point I'm glad to see the sports science guy has gotten our players to warm down straight away after being subbed, that might prevent the odd little niggly injury.

As you were sat in the Chaddy you won't have seen (or heard) the incident. Jones was in the process of putting the bib on, yet the official still saw fit to interfere - shouting "You, bib on now!" is totally unnecessary, respect should be a two-way street. As for Taylor he was hiding at times, and didn't move on several occasions when he had the space to do so. He looked slightly better when moved out onto the right. Lewi did most of his best work inside.

Disagree about Lee, he was poor defensively and was caught inside on a few occasions as he has been on many an occasion this year. But he does look ok going forward.

BTW, You're obviously an intelligent guy given your prospective vocation so less of the patronising tone of which there seems to be a marked increase in lately...

Edited by oafcprozac

Sorry but that is a pile of fookin s***

Fleming left on loan because DP said ' you aint going to be involved ' and when we needed another keeper before we got Flavahan back he had the chance to recall fleming. Not involved at all, of play first team football for your boyhood club?

Also judging by Flemings status on Facebook when PD put him on transfer list, he is upset about having to leave the club.

Fair enough, however he has not pushed Brill enought to get in the squad pre-season or the start of the season before he was injured. PD obviously made his decision, Brill is it and Fleming was transferred but at whose request?

At the end of the day, he is not in PD plans and has not justified changing hte managers mind. Let him go and kick start his career again

Fair enough, however he has not pushed Brill enought to get in the squad pre-season or the start of the season before he was injured. PD obviously made his decision, Brill is it and Fleming was transferred but at whose request?

At the end of the day, he is not in PD plans and has not justified changing hte managers mind. Let him go and kick start his career again

Fleming super save apart v Burnley, in pre-season was awful - simples. (I saw him at Mossley and Liverpool) No brainer for me that Brill got the nod. Brill's saved us a point v Bristol and Yeovil, and kept us in it v Notts County when we were being dominated early on. The goal yesterday was iffy but we're over analysing it. We won, some need to get over their grudges. Brill's still a young lad for a keeper, we've all criticised him during his time here but we're 6th in the League, that's no fluke so he must be something right,

Edited by oafcprozac

Here's my take...

Black - Solid enough

Subs:

JJ - On for seconds

I don't know how anybody can think Bournemouth were good value for 1-0. They scored from a free kick that wasn't a free kick, they hit the bar/post with another free kick and had a header go about 4 or 5 yards wide. Apart from that they created nothing in open play whatsoever and didn't really look a threat in any way. We looked the better side in the first 15-20 mins then nothing happened for the next 60 mins where both side looked pretty poor, then we scored and it was a formality from there as they panicked and we took advantage. 0-0 would have been a fair result, but if any team was going to win it on balance we edged it. We created more than them whilst creating very little ourselves.

We beat one of the sides above us, who have been scoring for fun.

We're in the play-off positions, 2 points off top spot.

We've come from behind to win a match that was looking lost.

And better still, we can see where the side can improve!

That's worth taking to work tomorrow morning.

As you were sat in the Chaddy you won't have seen (or heard) the incident. Jones was in the process of putting the bib on, yet the official still saw fit to interfere - shouting "You, bib on now!" is totally unnecessary, respect should be a two-way street. As for Taylor he was hiding at times, and didn't move on several occasions when he had the space to do so. He looked slightly better when moved out onto the right. Lewi did most of his best work inside.

Disagree about Lee, he was poor defensively and was caught inside on a few occasions as he has been on many an occasion this year. But he does look ok going forward.

BTW, You're obviously an intelligent guy given your prospective vocation so less of the patronising tone of which there seems to be a marked increase in lately...

You'd be amazed how good I am at reading lips (now who's being patronising :wink:). I could see Jones was going to put his bib on, but he hadn't done so, the fourth offical was right to get him to stop warming down and to put his bib on properly (as opposed to carrying it in his hand). He had to get his attention somehow (and maybe he didn't know Jones' name), although "Oldham number 7" would have worked and a please is "mandatory". I'd agree with your point about respect its a 2 way street, the FA go on about it but don't make sure the refs and other officals treat the players with the same respect they expect to get treated by.

I apologise if you think my tone is being patronising I'm not trying to be (apart from one recent occassion but that particular poster seems to have a go at me on what's getting a personal level every chance she gets)