What would you love to see happen in football?

These are some of my choices.

1) Have live Blue Square matches on TV. Could be interesting.

2) To see AFC Wimbledon promoted at the end of this season and to see MK Mongs relegated. Then see AFC Wimbledon batter MK Mongs next season.

3) Ban players from wearing their socks half way up to their Niagaras - it looks stupid.

4) Standard set admission prices in each division.

There must be a whole lot more.

These are some of my choices.

1) Have live Blue Square matches on TV. Could be interesting.

2) To see AFC Wimbledon promoted at the end of this season and to see MK Mongs relegated. Then see AFC Wimbledon batter MK Mongs next season.

3) Ban players from wearing their socks half way up to their Niagaras - it looks stupid.

4) Standard set admission prices in each division.

There must be a whole lot more.

Blue Sq matches are already live on some obscure subscription sports channel on Sky.

I'd like to see the end of the Bosman ruling. And the end of the transfer window.

The offside law should be changed to:

"If you're offside, you're offside - end of story".

All free-kicks to be direct, if only to save the ref from having to stick his arm in the air for every offside.

Goal-kicks to be taken from the side of the goal where the ball went out of play, to reduce time wasting by goalkeepers.

Professional fouls to be punished with a goal being awarded to the attacking side, but not an automatic red card.

Gate receipts shared 60/40 to even up the financial gulf between sides.

50% of all TV money to be pooled equally between all 92 clubs.

A 90% tax on all foreign footballers earning more than £100k a year to allow homegrown talent to flourish.

A percentage of gate receipts pooled and shared evenly, either within the same league or for the whole league. I'd settle for every gate being shared 60-40 like Prozac says though.

Penalty goals - again like Prozac says.

Any footballing misfortune for Liverpool.

Standing and boozing and smoking to make a comeback.

Liverpool to dominate the top flight until Oldham get there.

All footballers must wear black boots.

No gloves, undershirts or tights allowed.

Jose Mourinho back in England.

Crystal Palace to get themselves sorted out and back in the Premier League.

All England games to be shown on terrestrial TV.

Terracing at all professional football clubs.

Wage cap in the premier league and football league.

Premier league clubs buying players from English clubs instead of aboard.

Every team having at least 8 English players.

More lower league football on TV (league 1 and league 2).

footballers happy to play first team football at lower league clubs instead of going in the reserves of a premier league club.

- The reintroduction of regionalisation for leagues 1 and 2

- A change to the playoff system so that it is the same as the super league (when it was 6 teams), as I think this system is much less of a lottery, each game is a one off game, and your league position determines home advantage depending on who you play.

- 60 percent wage cap enforced in ALL leagues

- Automatic relegation of one league if a team goes into administration, carried over to the next season if a team finishes in the relegation zone anyway.

- Fairer distribution to TV money

- End to the transfer window

- A premier league team to go bankrupt.

Much tougher reprospective punishments for players caught clearly diving or feigning injury on TV.

A cap on agents fees.

A strict zero-tolerance policy on franchise football to prevent another MK Dons farce happening again.

More commentators to be like Stuart Hall.

The goalkeepers "six second rule" to actually be enforced to the second.

Players being substituted when they're 1-0 up away from home to be red-carded if they're not off the pitch within 20 seconds.

Much tougher reprospective punishments for players caught clearly diving or feigning injury on TV.

A cap on agents fees.

A strict zero-tolerance policy on franchise football to prevent another MK Dons farce happening again.

More commentators to be like Stuart Hall.

The goalkeepers "six second rule" to actually be enforced to the second.

Players being substituted when they're 1-0 up away from home to be red-carded if they're not off the pitch within 20 seconds.

Less coverage in the broadsheet press. I detest the way the Grauniad reports football. There are six pages on football when there hasn't even been a game. All it is Arsene thinks or Fergie believes and then a load of baloney, as if they're philosophers with answers to deep questions. Hate it!

When there's been a game, you get about two sentences of match report amid the reporter's opinion of the wider significance of the result. They do not describe the goals! Hate it.

HATE IT!

HATE.

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Less coverage in the broadsheet press. I detest the way the Grauniad reports football. There are six pages on football when there hasn't even been a game. All it is Arsene thinks or Fergie believes and then a load of baloney, as if they're philosophers with answers to deep questions. Hate it!

When there's been a game, you get about two sentences of match report amid the reporter's opinion of the wider significance of the result. They do not describe the goals! Hate it.

HATE IT!

HATE.

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

And added to that, football doesn't even exist below Championship level (at best) with some broadsheets. Why is it that the red tops give so much coverage to the lower leagues when t'others don't? Is it beneath the likes of Grauniad, Observer, Times, Telegraph? Because other than that, they're a bloody sight more interesting read. Is it me?

Apart from some that have already said (especially the offside one and the agents)

1.) Man United to start getting docked points everytime Fergie doesn't speak to the Beeb (none of this fine nonsense which he doesn't pay anyway), either that or get rid of the rule that says managers have to speak to the press (preferably the first one).

2.) The allegations made by the Beeb re point 1.) to be taken to a proper court and be found true.

3.) Clubs to have a limit on debt (say the Sheff Wed tax bill), if your in debt by more (to someone other than the owners) then your dropping a division.

4.) Fergie time to be beneficial for the opposition.

5.) Some introduction to stop those that, for example, in Wiltshire supporting Man U (by actually going to home games) without strong links to Greater Manchester/Cheshire.

6.) Any spurious appeals which mean that a player gets to play in a crucial game (ala I think it was Rio last year) the oppositon for that game get to choose which extra game he gets to miss. Plus they miss at least another game.

7.) Any foul (ala that Urguayan bloke) which stops a certain goal = a penalty goal.

8.) Any professional foul which is deemed to be a red card = a penalty even if it happens on the half-way line.

9.) Banning for those players who know the ball has crossed the line but don't signal as such (ala Carroll and the German goalie)

10.) The teams best known for the fans in 5.) to go down

11.) The obstruction that happens when a ball is about to go out of play for a Goal Kick to be penalised as such. (I think that may have been mentioned in which case apologies to whoever mentioned it)

12.) Councils to actually enforce the safety policy, re constant standing in sitting areas in the Premiership

13.) If its against the law (I did read it was being taken to the European court by some landlady in Portsmouth) to show football on anything other than the recognised channels, especially at 3pm on a saturday, then actually enforce it.

14.) Sky to cut their spending by a whole bunch (but the amount the lower leagues get to increase)

15.) Price restrictions on everything related to match days in all divisions (from the ticket prices to the catering and car parks).

16.) Man United to get the same allocation of away fans as a % as they give to other clubs (so for us I think that would mean they'd get 127 fans)

17.) If on second viewing the punishment handed out at the time isn't sufficent then the appropiate punishment should be enforced even if the player got booked.

18.) Automatic yellow cards for some offences which include more than taking of your shirt when you score and other celebratory offences.

19.) If its a foul out of the box its a foul in the box (especially all the tugging and pushing at set-pieces)

20.) European employment law to be enforced much more rigorously in football (if the player doesn't have EU/Kolpak citizenship he can't come in without the same evidence as for other trades)

21.) Tribunals to find more in favour of the small club when it comes to poaching/getting on the cheap

22.) If a footballer has to be a certain age to sign pro-forms in their home country the same applies here

23.) Deportation of anyone who has violated 22.) (especially the likes of Macheda)

I think this is going to be like the "what grinds my gears" thread for me

latics players would be on 4k a month :blink:

I think a decent percentage of our playing staff would be delighted with that. 4k a month is £48k/year, (twice the average wage), you can be a professional footballer on a lot less and I think that players like Kelly earn less than that.