Feeney International

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Feeney's a boo-boy, far from it. We know he's a good player and a trier, what we want is a bit of continuity - the constant niggles and International breaks can't be helping him to settle. He's being criticised and rightfully so, but he's not a boo-boy....yet!

Edited by oafcprozac

"We have decided to play the match because we thought it unfair to ask fans to have to travel to London on a Tuesday when the game would have been rearranged," explained Paul Dickov.

Thats good of you Paul :chubb:

PD is a lot better at positive PR than those above him, last Saturday's team didn't have any of them start, and only Feeney was on the bench. I understand dikaba was ill though. None of them would have started against Brentford, (I doubt Miller would even make the bench). Brooke is a week further on with his recovery, so gives us options up front (if we need and let's hope we don't), I'm unconvinced about Dikaba and Holdsworth is a similar player (not to mention Taylor who is currently playing up front, or Allesandra, and we have the Gunner as well). Plus, its not just the fans who would have to travel on a Tuesday night, its the team as well (so accruing extra costs) and our away record isn't great on a tuesday night.

To me it seems the biggest thing that would have come out of us moving the game, is annoying a proportion of the fan base, especially those who have planned to travel down to see the game (I'm assuming a % of the OASIS lot would go on a Tuesday night). This is especially relevant for Brentford as some of those that are going are going on special deals. If the players who had been called up for internationals had been starting, it might have been a different matter.

He's working his tripe out, tracking back - but no goal threat!

NI should have had at least one penalty and Healey missed a free header 4 yards out.

Decent game to watch.

Aye, it's a good game, but Feeney's playing very deep so he can get back to defend, so he's never really going to threaten on goal unless it's from a set piece.

Healy definitely should have scored and they should have had a penalty too. They should chuck Kyle Laffety on for Healy, he's just old and crap now. Feeney has ran his socks off and made a great tackle to let Steve Davis break through the middle, and he's also shown some good hold up play.

Edited by PlayItLivo

0-0 Full Time.

And how much better it is watching Northern Ireland than England. Players putting in 100%, working as a team, showing passion. There's none of that from the English national team. They might have won in the last 10 minutes or so, they had Italy on the back foot and were really going for it.

The good news is it's another full 90 minutes for Feeney under his belt and he came through it unscathed. Just as usual he put himself about the place and didn't stop running. Honestly, Feeney probably isn't the goalscorer we need, he a player of the same ilk as Paul Warne.

We just need ourselves a goalscorer to go along side him.

Well done Norn Iron. As others have said, more enjoyable to watch a team who work together and give 100% than the sh1te our national team produce... Steven Davis was great as always and Warren worked his heart out; and that's exactly what he used to do for stockport when I first saw him.

Would like to see Big Kyle start on Tuesday and see them smash the Faroe Isles.

As for Warren, i think he will come good. We've had some right lazy t0ssbags, charlatans and complete p1ss takers at latics. Warren is no way one of these; he's a good player, and will prove to be for us.

I'll go back to my earlier point of 'Have you seen him doing anything?'

I meant for Oldham and the answer is have we :censored:. says something when Taylor is ahead of you and he's not even a striker!

His time here has been disrupted, but one thing I've learnt by watching him for NIRE is that he not likely to be the goalscorer that we're crying out for, but that's okay, I think if Feeney works as hard for us as he does for NIRE he could be come a very good player for us, however it'll have to be at the expense of Tounkara, because we're noy going to see the fruits of Feeney's labour unless we play him along side a goalscorer. He's like Paul Warne, runs his knakcers off and can chip in with a a few goals but you need to play him alongside a goalscorer to get the best out of him. Feeney + Tounkara don't have plenty of goals in them.

Edited by Lookers_Carl
lang

His time here has been disrupted, but one thing I've learnt by watching him for NIRE is that he not likely to be the goalscorer that we're crying out for, but that's okay, I think if Feeney works as hard for us as he does for NIRE he could be come a very good player for us, however it'll have to be at the expense of Tounkara, because we're noy going to see the fruits of Feeney's labour unless we play him along side a goalscorer. He's like Paul Warne, runs his knakcers off and can chip in with a a few goals but you need to play him alongside a goalscorer to get the best out of him. Feeney + Tounkara don't have plenty of goals in them.

I agree, but from what ive seen of him, he hasn't done much at all! Also agree in the fact that Tounkara and Feeney are not going to find goals and i still think we need that striker, maybe brooke will be a good addition once back to full fitness!