southampton on the train

Do tickets on the trainline constantly go up and down? I was going to be a ticket on wednesday and they ahve gone up a tenner today? I dont use the trainline often and haven't had this problem before.

Do tickets on the trainline constantly go up and down? I was going to be a ticket on wednesday and they ahve gone up a tenner today? I dont use the trainline often and haven't had this problem before.

Yeah, it's the norm mate. Usually the earlier you buy the more you save.

Yeah, it's the norm mate. Usually the earlier you buy the more you save.

Going to Wales for the weekend on our £9.50 long weekend instead (that has actually cost over a ton after extras - feckin ' Boo!!!) Did St. Mary's last season, don't think we'll be able to recreate that siege 'us against the world' mentality we had on that April night!

Going to Wales for the weekend on our £9.50 long weekend instead (that has actually cost over a ton after extras - feckin ' Boo!!!) Did St. Mary's last season, don't think we'll be able to recreate that siege 'us against the world' mentality we had on that April night!

Not having a pot to piss in at the moment plus a wedding to save up for means my decision's made up for me. The only long-distancer I plan to do is Plymouth away for my birthday.

Not having a pot to piss in at the moment plus a wedding to save up for means my decision's made up for me. The only long-distancer I plan to do is Plymouth away for my birthday.

If it's one or tuther, ditch the wedding!.......................many a true word said in jest.

Just bought them... £69.50 Return inc booking fee. Not that bad, but it was on;y £88 to Ibiza this year!!

9:27 from Piccadilly

18:15 from Southampton.

It'll be my first long distance away trip since wycombe last year.

5-0 saints.

Gutted already!

Edited by pukka

Just bought them... £69.50 Return inc booking fee. Not that bad, but it was on;y £88 to Ibiza this year!!

9:27 from Piccadilly

18:15 from Southampton.

It'll be my first long distance away trip since wycombe last year.

5-0 saints.

Gutted already!

:lol:

That really made me laugh! The joys of a long distance latics trip!

:drinking66:

Got a return for £49 which includes bleeding rail replacement buses. Was told if you half your journey to London and get on a mega train from Waterloo its cheaper when i looked into it you save yourself a £1. <_<

Trainline usually starts low and increases over time. But it can depend on the individual train operator. Don't forget to look in to railcards. As long as there are between 1 and 4 kids travelling a Family Railcard can get up to 4 adults a third off all fares too ... £26 for one of those and they can be ordered online.

Register with a cashback site like www.topcashback.co.uk and go to The Trainline via that site and you can get 1.5% cashback. Not a fortune, but better in your pocket than somebody elses. You can also buy AA or RAC cover for less than £30 and get £20 cashback there too! (Use my link to register and we both get £2.50 :wink: ).

Other useful rebates include 8% through Hotels.com or 5% off weekend bookings at Premier Inn.

Another handy money saver for train travellers is the Bite Card. It gives you 20% off any purchase at most mainline station concessions (e.g. Burger King, Costa, Upper Crust etc) and costs nothing. Order it now and it might just turn up in time for the Southampton trip. Saved me a fiver or so this weekend.

Edited by opinions4u