Ressies Vs. Macclesfield Town

Reserve Match On

Reserve Squad for Macc Town

As it says looks like a strong team we're putting out. Who is Brown though? Youth player? No Gregan who has a slight inury, perhaps moving on soon?

I was wondering exactly the same. I don't think we have a youth team player with that surname, certainly not one who is getting in the side. So, maybe a trialist? Maybe Brown is the new name we're using for trialists, now that we don't use the name Danny Knight anymore.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Go on Kyle. Seemed delighted at being in the squad for the ressies when I spoke to him earlier.

I dragged my dad to watch the youth team for the first time last Saturday and Kyle was the player that most caught his eye of the ones he'd never seen before (he'd seen Crompton, Hughes and Carr in reserve team action).

I dragged my dad to watch the youth team for the first time last Saturday and Kyle was the player that most caught his eye of the ones he'd never seen before (he'd seen Crompton, Hughes and Carr in reserve team action).

He may get a run tomorrow night especially if Brooky tires or they drag him off to save him for the 1st team on Saturday. Young Kyle broke his duck last Wednesday against Morecambe. The 1st of many to come hopefully. His workrate is tremendous. Looks a PD type of player as he closes down and doesn't give defenders time.

He may get a run tomorrow night especially if Brooky tires or they drag him off to save him for the 1st team on Saturday. Young Kyle broke his duck last Wednesday against Morecambe. The 1st of many to come hopefully. His workrate is tremendous. Looks a PD type of player as he closes down and doesn't give defenders time.

He took his goal against Morecambe really well too. He held his run and finished with great composure. What impressed my dad (in the game against York) was his movement when not in possession. I have to say that this current crop of young players look very promising.

He took his goal against Morecambe really well too. He held his run and finished with great composure. What impressed my dad (in the game against York) was his movement when not in possession. I have to say that this current crop of young players look very promising.

And to think, I nearly managed him playing for the fans' team :(

Saw quite a bit of them last season as under 16's down at the Lancaster club and I have to say as a group they were impressive. A lot of credit must go to TP.

And to think, I nearly managed him playing for the fans' team :(

That was a close call for the lad :wink:

Saw quite a bit of them last season as under 16's down at the Lancaster club and I have to say as a group they were impressive. A lot of credit must go to TP.

TP doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves. If you look at the number of players in our squad who have come through the youth team, it is just so very impressive. And then there's the ones that have brought in the cash recently...

That was a close call for the lad :wink:

TP doesn't get anywhere near the credit he deserves. If you look at the number of players in our squad who have come through the youth team, it is just so very impressive. And then there's the ones that have brought in the cash recently...

Disagree there matey; I'd have to say that I think he does indeed get the credit he deserves. There was a very big thread on here not too long ago which provided users on here the chance to sing his praises; which most did. TP was mentioned in glowing terms after the Eaves deal; with many comments of what an influence he had had on young Tom's progress. PD has mentioned that he is impressed with the current crop of youngsters & the tremendous work TP and Mick Priest do at the club; and in 442's last edition; there was a piece on youth scouts where we were mentioned; with TP being cited as producing 3-4 prospects per season for us.

As for 'Kyle' - who he? Is he the mysterious 'Brown' from the squad list?

Disagree there matey; I'd have to say that I think he does indeed get the credit he deserves.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm expecting too much in thinking that he should be knighted :wink:

As for 'Kyle' - who he? Is he the mysterious 'Brown' from the squad list?

Kyle Riley. He's a first year apprentice and is on the bench tonight.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

cheers for the Kyle Riley nod - take it a few on here know him? local lad then?

As for TP - he has done / continues to do a fantastic job for the club. But; at the end of the day, it is his job to bring along the youth lads, develop them & make them ready for 1st team football. That he has managed to do so with such a large number of lads; who have gone on to play for our 1st team (from Haining, Vernon, Griffin, Tierney....Taylor, Eardley, Smalley, Lomax; through to Brooke, McGrath, Millar, Bembo etc) or ones who have been sold on for much needed cash (Spencer, Young Philiskirk, Trotman, Eaves et all) is exceponal really; and has had a big part to play in terms of us being able to function as a L1 side.

But; as I say, both TP & MP are employed by OAFC to develop and manage the youth players. That they do it to such a high level is testiment to their skill & abilities; but at the end of the day they are paid to do the (albeit very good) job they do for the club.

cheers for the Kyle Riley nod - take it a few on here know him? local lad then?

As for TP - he has done / continues to do a fantastic job for the club. But; at the end of the day, it is his job to bring along the youth lads, develop them & make them ready for 1st team football. That he has managed to do so with such a large number of lads; who have gone on to play for our 1st team (from Haining, Vernon, Griffin, Tierney....Taylor, Eardley, Smalley, Lomax; through to Brooke, McGrath, Millar, Bembo etc) or ones who have been sold on for much needed cash (Spencer, Young Philiskirk, Trotman, Eaves et all) is exceponal really; and has had a big part to play in terms of us being able to function as a L1 side.

But; as I say, both TP & MP are employed by OAFC to develop and manage the youth players. That they do it to such a high level is testiment to their skill & abilities; but at the end of the day they are paid to do the (albeit very good) job they do for the club.

TP has added a string to his bow of late too, he's the man named on Strike it Lucky tickets as the organiser of it (I'm fairly certain Franny of the PA used to do it)

Christophe came on for cromy.

Christophe started at cb and went up front for the last 5 minutes. Ryan Burns came on for Crompton at half time and had a great game up front even though he is usually a winger, pace to burn (exuse the pun) and very good with the ball at his feet and was involved with everything we did trying to get back in the game. I think this lad has a chance to be involved with the team this year scored 2 hatricks for the youth aswell.

Missed the goal as I was late but the last 20 mins of the 1st half was awfull. some players didn't look up for it and Macc played through us with some good football. 2nd half much better and nice to see Brooke looking suprisingly fit after 2 months out should of won it with the chances we had.