Simon Corney

TTA have repeatedly said from day one......" We will not walk away unless the long term future of the club is secure", we will not leave the club in administration and will not sell to anyone who we feel cannot take the club forward.

Well, two of these guys have already gone and in the chron tonight Corney says he wouldn't be here now if Dickov's appointment hadn't had the desired effect on the team's displays.

Dickov is only on a 1 year deal.....he could be enticed by a bigger club and leave at any time. If that happens and our form dips does that mean Corney will walk!!!!

Bucket collections and the trust will not be enough to save us next time and no investors in their right mind would come anywhere near this club in it's present state.

This is most definitely a final wake up call...............If we're not either in the championship or in the process of building a new ground in Failsworth by the end of next season then I fear we will be finished as a professional football league club!!!!!

Was having a discussion with a mate the other day about the club.

Ever since Chris Moore 'sold up' we've been in the :censored:, TTA saved us for that season and have built one team tat has been successful (06/07)

Now because they got bored we have TOA, who also seems to be getting bored.

They blame fans for not turning up but then why should they?

The club is in the s**t, and if we're lucky we won't hit admin this season, i think that would kill us. If this club dies, the town will die with it.

so please someone come and invest in us! i don't wan't to be forced to go and watch Rochdale or City because we don't have a club anymore!

:ktf:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

hey, dont worry everyone. If all else fails we've still got the Trust and all that money that thousands of people contributed the last time around. That's a nice little nest egg, we could start afresh with that. What's that? Sorry? They did what? Soon as they turned up they gave it all to them? Oh.

hey, dont worry everyone. If all else fails we've still got the Trust and all that money that thousands of people contributed the last time around. That's a nice little nest egg, we could start afresh with that. What's that? Sorry? They did what? Soon as they turned up they gave it all to them? Oh.

wrong thread perhaps?

Was having a discussion with a mate the other day about the club.

Ever since Chris Moore 'sold up' we've been in the :censored:, TTA saved us for that season and have built one team tat has been successful (06/07)

Now because they got bored we have TOA, who also seems to be getting bored.

They blame fans for not turning up but then why should they?

The club is in the s**t, and if we're lucky we won't hit admin this season, i think that would kill us. If this club dies, the town will die with it.

so please someone come and invest in us! i don't wan't to be forced to go and watch Rochdale or City because we don't have a club anymore!

if the club were to go out of business, i think that there are enough fans to create a Chester-like reformed club but i agree when you say the town will die with it. something like a football club is a great thing for a town to have and if it were to go, oldham would really feel it.

so let's hope this talk is only talk and we move to failsworth and get promoted. simple

Failsworth or die I reckon. Just hope the council see what is needed and push things through.

If it helps the perky lady at the ticket office has made me more likely to be buying a ticket for this weekend. Gravity can't touch them.

The whole towns future depends on it, never going to be developed without this happening, with new restaurants and cinema on site

It's the other was around. The s**t town is dying and killing the club.

Why?

Its your opinion, your more than entitled to it.

I dont think there's much point raging about that particular issue. I remember moaning about it a few years back and got short shrift. Not a lot we can do now apart from construct a time machine and stop them being reckless. Problem is that if they come round shaking their buckets again everyone will tell 'em to get away. Me included. Like a true moron I gave a lot of money (probably about a weeks wages to me at the time) because I was terrified that Latics would go out of business but if I'd known what they'd do with it they wouldnt have got a penny. And if they go out of business this time then so be it. Better to be a fan owned club, with or without a ground, than a plaything passed from one set of dubious out of town owners to another.

Edited by help_shiny

I dont think there's much point raging about that particular issue. I remember moaning about it a few years back and got short shrift. Not a lot we can do now apart from construct a time machine and stop them being reckless. Problem is that if they come round shaking their buckets again everyone will tell 'em to get away. Me included. Like a true moron I gave a lot of money (probably about a weeks wages to me at the time) because I was terrified that Latics would go out of business but if I'd known what they'd do with it they wouldnt have got a penny. And if they go out of business this time then so be it. Better to be a fan owned club, with or without a ground, than a plaything passed from one set of dubious out of town owners to another.

Well maybe not for you. but people who care passionately about the club might. me included.

we're possibly looking at a not-so-good future, but it could be worse, we could be liverpool

Just been having this rant at the Mrs (a Reds fan) - it always turns out OK for the big clubs. Liverpool will come out the otherside of their troubles smelling of roses. Back in the Champions League in two years.

For us, a small, "insignificant" club who bring little cash and glamour to the world of football, it will be a much harder struggle......

Edited by JoeP

"And if they go out of business this time then so be it. Better to be a fan owned club, with or without a ground"

That thought sends shudders trough my spine. I simply cannot think of anything worse.

If the club has been losing up to £1.5m per year on a budget of £3m, the any fan owned club would have to halve the quality of players and survive on less crowds.

There is no way we would get out of the Conference in 5 years.

We have owners who have spend millions and are prepared to spend more.

Everybody hates BP, why consign ourselves to that for decades more, at best.

if the club were to go out of business, i think that there are enough fans to create a Chester-like reformed club but i agree when you say the town will die with it. something like a football club is a great thing for a town to have and if it were to go, oldham would really feel it.

so let's hope this talk is only talk and we move to failsworth and get promoted. simple

This came up a lot last time round but I well remember asking over and over again who would actually do it. A 100% deafening silence.

This came up a lot last time round but I well remember asking over and over again who would actually do it. A 100% deafening silence.

that's the problem. i guess we wouldn't know if our fans were loyal enough until it actually became a possibility, which will hopefully never happen. but until then, we have to keep turning up and hope dickov keeps up the good start

I am going to stick my neck out and say if the :censored: hits the fan the fans will not pull together to start the club again. There is too much squabbling and negativity and moaning. A trip to BP on a match day makes it blatantly clear that the fans do everything but pull together.

I attended in the 1960s when the ground was far worse spectator wise than it is now and crowds were much bigger, the problem is now there is so much live top flight football on TV many can't be bothered to get off the sofa.

In those days late night Match of the Day was as good as it got, so to watch a live match at any level was a big event and the highlight of the week .

However, those days have long gone and have to offer these armchair fans something to entice then out, one way is for the team to keep winning playing attractive football and have a good cup run.

Hopefully that will happen and raise the profile of the club again as it did it the early 90s.

Edited by BP1960