Wi Fi At Latics

just had an idea how about a car sticker in the form of the mini kit,wouldn't cost much to produce sell em for 3 quid jobs a good un.

That's a good Idea !! I like that !!

I'm having my sig made into car stickers !

The days of seeing fellow Oldham fans on the motorway and roads is almost gone because the club are so poor at this stuff

On the original topic, but slightly larger scale.

You would have thought the Football LEague/Premoum TV, some other co would have come up with wifi at every ground.

Susbscription etc.

I'd never pay £2 for a one off, and the OpenZone expires after about 1 month so puts me off, but there is quite an untapped market.

I agree about the club shop, the club needs to look at the stuff available, surely better to have more stock with a bit less profit than much less all with a bit more profit.

I think visually might be onto something here.

I am looking to buy quite a few bits for my son for Xmas, we are exiles, so am hoping you can get a few things lined up.

opening up wifi can lead you to a :censored:load of legal problems......you've got to question whether any monies raised would pay for the set up costs and the costs of keeping it filtered/secure.

decent idea, but a no go for me....

now a scoreboard which flashes scores on - that would be a good idea!!

How many fans out of the 4000 that attend would really want to use this?

I bet there's a fair chunk (50% or more) of fans that don't have a device that could use it. Then there will be a chunk of those that do, who get a decent enough signal; then a chunk that take a radio; then a chunk that can't be bothered with it 'cos they are having a pint / chat / pie (if any are left); then a chunk that wouldn't want to pay; then, when you got some left who want it, have a device and would pay, you could end up with no access unless you have enough bandwidth. All for 15 mins use at half time for 23-25 games a year?

I don't think it would be much of an income generator. And if it wasn't working one day, could you imagine the complaints?

There are better ways to improve the "experience" and generate increaed revenue in my opinion. Of course if we had a provider willing to offer it free and supported, then they could go for it, but I'd bet the cut would be very small.

How many fans out of the 4000 that attend would really want to use this?

I bet there's a fair chunk (50% or more) of fans that don't have a device that could use it. Then there will be a chunk of those that do, who get a decent enough signal; then a chunk that take a radio; then a chunk that can't be bothered with it 'cos they are having a pint / chat / pie (if any are left); then a chunk that wouldn't want to pay; then, when you got some left who want it, have a device and would pay, you could end up with no access unless you have enough bandwidth. All for 15 mins use at half time for 23-25 games a year?

I don't think it would be much of an income generator. And if it wasn't working one day, could you imagine the complaints?

There are better ways to improve the "experience" and generate increaed revenue in my opinion. Of course if we had a provider willing to offer it free and supported, then they could go for it, but I'd bet the cut would be very small.

All fair points.

I have no idea what the economics of such an initiative are, or where it would rank in the importance for fans of the "matchday experience". Or whether it would help fans prioritise BP over Jeff Stelling.

In a new stadium operating for multiple events 7 days a week ... an essential and integral part of arrangements?

Shame the car-kits are not being produced in the cardboard / material format - have always had one of these and was waiting for the new format to come out. Will have to see what a sticker version looks like.

There a few Sheffield Utd fans at work - and in their club shop they sell a small sticker of the club logo. Very simple, about the size of a tax disc (so doesn't block much of the window), and looks pretty neat in the window.

Any chance anyone reading this could do something similar for Latics?