Last Season VS This Season

LAST SEASON

Record : P12 W4 D5 L3 It started off so well it seemed, up in 9th place won more games than we'd lost.

For/Against : 10/11 10 goals from 12 games wasn't fantastic and was a big sign of things to come. Goal difference of -1 wasn't good enough for a team placed 9th.

THIS SEASON

Record : P:12 W4 D6 L2 This season has started off so well for us, not even lost at home, okay four of our draws have come at home but its a good record to have.

For/Against : 16/13 The big difference this season is that we're scoring more, okay in comparison we have conceded 2 more goals but you've got to think 5 of those goals came at Peterborough

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE

Paul Dickov came in inherited a team which underachieved last season, they showed nothing and just simply didn't want to play for the club. Andy Colette was brought in a goalkeeping coach and god knows what he was teaching Brill, since Gerrard has come in Brill has been so much improved although does has his moments. Just looking at the starting line up yesterday 7 out of the 11 starters were on the books her last season with only 2 on the bench, i mean if you have told me in May that 5 of those players would have been playing here next season, i would have thought you were an idiot. Stephens showed promise last season and so did Lee, probably the only one good thing Penney did was making the decision to play Lee at the back and it has paid off. Alessandra also seems to have been improved massively this season, although for some reason he didn't get into the team under Penney. The attitude of the players is also massively improved, they always want to fight for the win, even yesterday when we had a piss poor first half they came out and battled for every ball second half and we should have gone on to win the Game. Furman, MOTM yesterday, well deserved and another player who i wouldn't have thought would be playing here, and if he did he wouldn't be playing this well, don't know whats come over him, if he'd of been playing like this last season I think a call from South Africa wouldn't have been out of the question.

Paul Dickov has made such a difference at this club in his few months here, lets just hope the off-the-field situation improves because on the field we could be contenders for promotion if we stay on track and keep playing well.

:Scotland:PAUL DICKOVS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY:Scotland:

dickov has actually made an effort to get tha fans onside, penney didnt and i think that is one of the biggest differences. the signings are totally opposite, penney was cautious, dickov knows what he wants and is getting performances from the players.

but one comparison, dickov said yesterday, 'if we play like we did in the second half all season, we'll win alot of our games'. - i really hope he means that and not just says it like penney did

dickov has actually made an effort to get tha fans onside, penney didnt and i think that is one of the biggest differences. the signings are totally opposite, penney was cautious, dickov knows what he wants and is getting performances from the players.

but one comparison, dickov said yesterday, 'if we play like we did in the second half all season, we'll win alot of our games'. - i really hope he means that and not just says it like penney did

But Penney was, 'we didn't score and you have to score to win the game and thats why we didn't win the game today'

Hated Penney the moment i heard him shout. Not to mention it was the same thing each time, was it push out or tempo up?

Nice to see some passion from the management staff this season, GT was already on the pitch to confront the ref after he gave a goal-kick despite colchesters defender blatantly kicked it out before Taylor could shoot. Never saw DP being threatened with being sent to the stand either..

Keep up the good work PD, GT and the rest :grin:

Btw PD, if we play like we did in the second half all season we will win most games this season.. no we wont, we need to score first :wink:

Hated Penney the moment i heard him shout. Not to mention it was the same thing each time, was it push out or tempo up?

Nice to see some passion from the management staff this season, GT was already on the pitch to confront the ref after he gave a goal-kick despite colchesters defender blatantly kicked it out before Taylor could shoot. Never saw DP being threatened with being sent to the stand either..

Btw PD, if we play like we did in the second half all season we will win most games this season.. no we wont, we need to score first :wink:

it was 'GET OUT' wasnt it?

dickovs hands are tied at present with a striker...4 players reject moves out of the club either on loan or perm,and he has also told greegs he can go out as well....he invested a big chunk of our budget on feeney and it hasnt worked out...he doesnt look like scoring when on the pitch...

so until 1 or all 5 we want out go we cant bring anybody in...healy at sunderland reportedly allowed out on loan,would be a great coup to get him but no cash until the hasbeens leave

dickovs hands are tied at present with a striker...4 players reject moves out of the club either on loan or perm,and he has also told greegs he can go out as well....he invested a big chunk of our budget on feeney and it hasnt worked out...he doesnt look like scoring when on the pitch...

so until 1 or all 5 we want out go we cant bring anybody in...healy at sunderland reportedly allowed out on loan,would be a great coup to get him but no cash until the hasbeens leave

my post was tongue in cheek with regards to not scoring...

perhaps healey would be allowed out on loan with sunderland still paying his wages as it would be better for them to have him playing first team football than sitting in reserves (gets him in shop window + it seems we have a decent relationship with sunderland) but would he be willing to drop down to league one?

Paul Dickov has made such a difference at this club in his few months here, lets just hope the off-the-field situation improves because on the field we could be contenders for promotion if we stay on track and keep playing well.

The difference is one less loss and one more draw. Look where we ended up last season, there's every chance we'll fall back down and have another battle on our hands, especially without anyone to score crucial goals to grab up good points, like yesterday for instance.

There might be a renewed optimism, especially with our work rate which has improved, under Paul, but how long will that optimism last for if we find ourselves among the bottom 10 towards Christmas.

Still need to keep our feet on the ground. The good thing is we're not really getting outplayed, we're just struggling to score and once that problem is addressed, if Dickov makes the right choice to address it, then I can see us grabbing points and us being nowhere near where we were last season. Until that happens though I think we'll continue to get out dominant draws and maybe get drawn into the bottom end of the table.

Edited by PlayItLivo