If you're not going to Southampton.....

I was planning on going to ST Mary’s but plans have fallen through; so I need some Football to fill my Saturday afternoon. This weekend is the 4th Qualifying round for the FA Cup; and there’s plenty of local interest.

Mossley, Stalybridge & Droylsden are all at home; and Gregan is due to make his debut for Fleetwood Town too.

Is anyone who’s not going to Southampton taking in a local game? I’m thinking of plumping for Droylsden’s game – see what all the fuss is about Luke Holden eh BP1960?? :wink:

I was planning on going to ST Mary’s but plans have fallen through; so I need some Football to fill my Saturday afternoon. This weekend is the 4th Qualifying round for the FA Cup; and there’s plenty of local interest.

Mossley, Stalybridge & Droylsden are all at home; and Gregan is due to make his debut for Fleetwood Town too.

Is anyone who’s not going to Southampton taking in a local game? I’m thinking of plumping for Droylsden’s game – see what all the fuss is about Luke Holden eh BP1960?? :wink:

Was considering Mossley V Darlington! Could be a tidy afair for the Lillywhites.

Out of interest, anyone know how many local sides are left in at this point?

FA Cup fourth qualifying round draw:

Mossley v Darlington

Sheffield v Tipton Town

Guiseley v Redditch United

Fleetwood Town v Buxton

Altrincham v Gateshead

Vauxhall Motors v Newcastle Town

FC United of Manchester v Barrow

Workington v Nuneaton Town

Tamworth v Grimsby Town

Kidderminster Harriers v York City

FC Halifax Town v Mansfield Town

Wrexham v Southport

Stalybridge Celtic v Eastwood Town

Droylsden v Barwell

Woking v Eastleigh

Hythe Town v Staines Town

Eastbourne Borough v Harrow Borough

Cambridge United v Lewes

Corby Town v Salisbury City

Newport County v Crawley Town

Luton Town v St Albans City

Farnborough v Dover Athletic

Kettering Town v Rushden & Diamonds

Carshalton Athletic v Chelmsford City

Hendon v Metropolitan Police

Leiston v Dartford

Basingstoke Town v AFC Wimbledon

Swindon Supermarine v Bath City

Havant & Waterlooville v Histon

Forest Green Rovers v Maidenhead United

Poole Town v Hayes & Yeading United

Ebbsfleet United v Boreham Wood

Ties to be played on 23 & 24 October

Mossley for me, biggest game for the club in many a year. Gonna be tough especially when i asked their left winger if he was looking forward to it and he replied, we're all f***ing s****ing it :shock:

FA Cup fourth qualifying round draw:

Mossley v Darlington

Sheffield v Tipton Town

Guiseley v Redditch United

Fleetwood Town v Buxton

Altrincham v Gateshead

Vauxhall Motors v Newcastle Town

FC United of Manchester v Barrow

Workington v Nuneaton Town

Tamworth v Grimsby Town

Kidderminster Harriers v York City

FC Halifax Town v Mansfield Town

Wrexham v Southport

Stalybridge Celtic v Eastwood Town

Droylsden v Barwell

Woking v Eastleigh

Hythe Town v Staines Town

Eastbourne Borough v Harrow Borough

Cambridge United v Lewes

Corby Town v Salisbury City

Newport County v Crawley Town

Luton Town v St Albans City

Farnborough v Dover Athletic

Kettering Town v Rushden & Diamonds

Carshalton Athletic v Chelmsford City

Hendon v Metropolitan Police

Leiston v Dartford

Basingstoke Town v AFC Wimbledon

Swindon Supermarine v Bath City

Havant & Waterlooville v Histon

Forest Green Rovers v Maidenhead United

Poole Town v Hayes & Yeading United

Ebbsfleet United v Boreham Wood

Ties to be played on 23 & 24 October

Didn't think of Barrow as being local .......

Just got back from watching Mossley. Ended up 6-2 to Darlington. Amazing game, Mossley ended the game with 8 men, Rowney got sent off as well as the keeper, didn't have a keeper on the bench so put the right-back in goal. The Announcer said on the PA that the ref was being rubbish as well as he was sending off another player.

Great entertainment for only £7. I might go again!

Just got back from watching Mossley. Ended up 6-2 to Darlington. Amazing game, Mossley ended the game with 8 men, Rowney got sent off as well as the keeper, didn't have a keeper on the bench so put the right-back in goal. The Announcer said on the PA that the ref was being rubbish as well as he was sending off another player.

Great entertainment for only £7. I might go again!

Ha ha, cracking event :shock:

Mossley looked the better side until the keeper walked, Rowney had to go for that challenge.

Ferkin freezing though and I live here :grin:

Ha ha, cracking event :shock:

Mossley looked the better side until the keeper walked, Rowney had to go for that challenge.

Ferkin freezing though and I live here :grin:

Mossley played some great football, both goals were great play. Darlington were very poor, it was more silly mistakes that let them in early on from the no.5 who seemed to be only playing centre half because he was tall. Rowney looked good. It's a shock though to see players like Tommy Wright and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson plying their trade in the Conference!

I agree bloody freezing!!

Mossley played some great football, both goals were great play. Darlington were very poor, it was more silly mistakes that let them in early on from the no.5 who seemed to be only playing centre half because he was tall. Rowney looked good. It's a shock though to see players like Tommy Wright and Marc Bridge-Wilkinson plying their trade in the Conference!

I agree bloody freezing!!

Its the 4th highest ground in England

Went to watch Droylsden - they won 3-0 Vs Barwell (Evo-stick league side; 2 divisions below 'The Bloods').

Have to say I was really impressed; the standard was alot higher than I thought it would be - the style of play from both sides was on the deck, 1 & 2 touch passes; with some really nice touches from some of the players.

I went as a very interested viewer to see what the player BP1960 has raved about was like. And I can report; Luke Holden; meh. For those who haven't seen him; basically think Joe Colbeck, with a (slightly) better 1st touch. Blind alley runs, and hit & miss crosses until he was subbed - oh, and a show of petulance as he was walking off whilst being subbed got himself booked too; no mean feat!

The 1 Bloods player i was impressed with was the right winger wo played #9; Ciaran Kilheeney. He scored the 3rd goal and was a constant threat all game.

For Barwell; their tall, half-cast central midfielder who played #11 had a great game & impressed me all match. They (Barwell) were in the game throughout; matching Droylsden in all areas; but just lacking a goal threat to match their possession.

For £10 entrance fee; I was entertained & impressed with the football played. You know what, if we draw them in the 1st round; they'll give us a game!

EDIT: Oh yeah - a very fat David McNiven scored the 2nd with a header; his 1st touch after coming on as a sub - chubby!!!!!

Edited by slystallone

EDIT: Oh yeah - a very fat David McNiven scored the 2nd with a header; his 1st touch after coming on as a sub - chubby!!!!!

I did wonder if it was him when i saw the scorers on the results. Scored with his first touch? Sounds like the goal poacher we so desperately need at the moment...

I did wonder if it was him when i saw the scorers on the results. Scored with his first touch? Sounds like the goal poacher we so desperately need at the moment...

Ha! :lol: Erm, no. He was fatter than the #10 he replaced; which i didnt think would be possible. That said; the #10 did have a lovely touch (for a fat man!)