The lad sold to Liverpool

Turns out he's 19 and not the 14 year old we told them he was and now they're trying to file a case against us.

No wonder he seemed good for his age!

If they're looking for their money back they can think again.

In the week they get taken over by someone who's investing millions, it'd look real swell if we played the administration card in defence.

Turns out he's 19 and not the 14 year old we told them he was and now they're trying to file a case against us.

Cant blame them if this is true and we intentionally lied about his age... Is this really true though, do these tranfers go through without checking birth certificates, passports etc

Didn't Liverpool sign a player in the 80s or 90s who's age was "suspect".

Glenn Hysen? Or somebody of that ilk.

Severe doubts about this new story, but somebody somewhere will have checked the birth certificate. I assume we're in to foreign documents for there to be some sort of confusion.

Linky to Liverpool message board on orginal signing of Iaia Embarlo.

Edited by opinions4u

I’m not surprised in the slightest by this. It was all very dodgy and 'rushed' through.

Apparently the lads living conditions were awful, and there was a question mark at the time over his paperwork.

The age related issue is a big problem for all clubs at the moment, with the amount of talented kids coming over from foreign countries (particularly African countries) with no paperwork ect.

Heard the same a couple months ago after Liverpool did test on his bones and the results came back.

As far as I was aware Latics were totally oblivious to his real age. They should test for everything before poaching our 'young' player's

Heard the same a couple months ago after Liverpool did test on his bones and the results came back. As far as I was aware Latics were totally oblivious to his real age. They should test for everything before poaching our 'young' player's

Ha – I’d like those same tests done on Kanu; because there was no way he was as young as they said he was when he signed for the Gunners – by my reckoning; he’s at least 40 by now!!! :detectivegm0:

And Yakubu.......and Obafemi Martins........and........

Edited by slystallone

Heard the same a couple months ago after Liverpool did test on his bones and the results came back.

As far as I was aware Latics were totally oblivious to his real age. They should test for everything before poaching our 'young' player's

You see the moral of this one is that if you go poaching you will always be caught in one way or another.

Ha – I’d like those same tests done on Kanu; because there was no way he was as young as they said he was when he signed for the Gunners – by my reckoning; he’s at least 40 by now!!! :detectivegm0:

And Yakubu.......and Obafemi Martins........and........

Is that the same Obafemi Martins who apparently played in the same U21's team as Celestine Babayaryo who was the best part of 10 years older than him.

Is that the same Obafemi Martins who apparently played in the same U21's team as Celestine Babayaryo who was the best part of 10 years older than him.

:grin:

That would be the one; yes!!

Test that whole squad for me; there was an article in 442 no so long ago where they intermitted that the Nigerian Olympic winning side were a good 5-10 years older than they claimed to be; a side that included Kanu and the like. No chance they’re the age they claim to be IMO.