Football League Show - for those who are anti-Failsworth

It is interesting that generally the crowds increase once the new stadium is in.

Rightt rough the pyramd.

I cna even show that Dartfords icnreaed massively and they hve progressed well since.

One expception to the rule of bigger attendances stands out though, and this has made me think twice if we are not careful.

Colchester United.

Obviosuly they were relegated, but their crowds are as bad as they ever were, whch some fans put tolocatiion, no pub wtc.

I think that Failsworth is different in that regard, but needs lookig inot with cold hard stats.

One view, albeit 18 months ag (before crowds dwindled frther) is food for thought.

Colchester Crowds-a reason?

Edited by singe

:ohno: not again

lets argue about it when we actually have more proof that it's actually happening, I'm more worried about current crowds, you could argue that the two topics are linked but there is not much we can do about it at present

besides what happened to all these anti-Failsworth protests?

Not all of them, Max.

Like I said,nearly all live in these areas,lol.

I would rather yje ground was over your end Ste, even Tameside rather than failsworth, think theres a lot more floating fans over that side of Town.

lets argue about it when we actually have more proof that it's actually happening, I'm more worried about current crowds, you could argue that the two topics are linked but there is not much we can do about it at present

a lot have said they won't protest again until the "protest day experience" improves

Edited by HarryBosch

It has started happening already Tom, the staff at lancaster club have served their notice including a very good groundsman who surely they could have found a job for?

Roytonians, who have hired the Cricket pitch for last 6 years had been made homeless and they are now amalgamating with Royton, the Portakabin was moved from Failsworth this weekend and the pitch is being dug up very soon.

a lot have said they won't protest again until the "protest day experience" improves

It's all very well people sniping from the sidelines about how protesting and grumbling isn't as good as it used to be, or they can't afford the cost of grumbling about Latics in the current climate. But what are these people doing themselves to make the misery experience more complete? And I bet you lots of them find the time and money to be miserable about the weather, their boss, their spouses failure to do that certain something any more etc.

We live in the times of easy access. People just aren't going to get off their sofas to go and have a moan when there's world class consternation on the telly, or 24hoursfromtulsehill sticking his bottom lip out on OWTB.

As the money spent at Failsworth would be raised by selling off Boundary Park and surrounding land, a new Lookers Stand would look pretty odd overlooking some nice new houses, flats and offices.

That would just about finish off professional football in Oldham.

I was under the impression that Failsworth had already been purchased by TTA! I guess you mean that when BP is sold the money will go to TTA to repay the loan. I still say that the Lookers should have been rebuilt, plus other amenities to make the club profitable. Then the loan could be gradually paid back. TTA simply wanted a total new ground, whether at BP or elsewhere. Rebuilding BP stand by stand would have taken too long, and was not an option for them.

It's all very well people sniping from the sidelines about how protesting and grumbling isn't as good as it used to be, or they can't afford the cost of grumbling about Latics in the current climate. But what are these people doing themselves to make the misery experience more complete? And I bet you lots of them find the time and money to be miserable about the weather, their boss, their spouses failure to do that certain something any more etc.

I heard one anti recently moaning that he was definitely never protesting again as halfway through the protest there were no pies left for his kid to eat

It is interesting that generally the crowds increase once the new stadium is in.

Rightt rough the pyramd.

I cna even show that Dartfords icnreaed massively and they hve progressed well since.

One expception to the rule of bigger attendances stands out though, and this has made me think twice if we are not careful.

Colchester United.

Obviosuly they were relegated, but their crowds are as bad as they ever were, whch some fans put tolocatiion, no pub wtc.

I think that Failsworth is different in that regard, but needs lookig inot with cold hard stats.

One view, albeit 18 months ag (before crowds dwindled frther) is food for thought.

Colchester Crowds-a reason?

He's a moany person, average crowds of 4,800? happily swap our attendances with colchester!

I was under the impression that Failsworth had already been purchased by TTA! I guess you mean that when BP is sold the money will go to TTA to repay the loan. I still say that the Lookers should have been rebuilt, plus other amenities to make the club profitable. Then the loan could be gradually paid back. TTA simply wanted a total new ground, whether at BP or elsewhere. Rebuilding BP stand by stand would have taken too long, and was not an option for them.

The lancaster club etc has, but to fund a new stadium, BP and its land has to be sold (they ain't goin to magically fork £20m out for it without selling BP site) then as they still own the club they sell off Tics and the stadium or w.e to a new owner (if can be found - maybe John Wardle has said he'll buy us once this has been complete? you heard it hear first... :wink: )

He's a moany person, average crowds of 4,800? happily swap our attendances with colchester!

The lancaster club etc has, but to fund a new stadium, BP and its land has to be sold (they ain't goin to magically fork £20m out for it without selling BP site) then as they still own the club they sell off Tics and the stadium or w.e to a new owner (if can be found - maybe John Wardle has said he'll buy us once this has been complete? you heard it hear first... :wink: )

Chesterfield has a capacity of approximately 10,400 and cost £13,000,000 to build.

The Colchester Stadium was built at Cuckoo Farm, on the northern outskirts of Colchester. The stadium has a capacity of about 10,000, with potential to increase to 18,000, and cost £14 million, largely paid for by Colchester Borough Council and Colchester United with additional grants from the Football Foundation, the Communities and Local Government and the East of England Development Agency. According to one report the council 'loaned' the club £10m!!

I presume a 12,000 seater stadium at Failsworth would cost around £15-£16m. Would selling all of BP raise this amount? I'm presuming we wouldn't get a multi million loan from Oldham Council!!

Roytonians, who have hired the Cricket pitch for last 6 years had been made homeless and they are now amalgamating with Royton, the Portakabin was moved from Failsworth this weekend and the pitch is being dug up very soon.

Roytonians playing in Failsworth !!!!!! Oh My God! The world must be due to end!!! How could they!

Chesterfield has a capacity of approximately 10,400 and cost £13,000,000 to build.

The Colchester Stadium was built at Cuckoo Farm, on the northern outskirts of Colchester. The stadium has a capacity of about 10,000, with potential to increase to 18,000, and cost £14 million, largely paid for by Colchester Borough Council and Colchester United with additional grants from the Football Foundation, the Communities and Local Government and the East of England Development Agency. According to one report the council 'loaned' the club £10m!!

I presume a 12,000 seater stadium at Failsworth would cost around £15-£16m. Would selling all of BP raise this amount? I'm presuming we wouldn't get a multi million loan from Oldham Council!!

And aren't these type of agencies being dumped by the new government to pay for armies of moat cleaners?