Coach to Accrington...£15!

Now I know they've lost a bit of money on coach travel recently but that is a pisstake - especially when you bear in mind they're charging £6 to Rochdale (about right). How can you justify £15 for a 48 mile round trip? 48 on the coach x £15 = £720..

Personally i'll be car or train anyway but £15 seems excessive.

Note: £8.40 on the train with a railcard. £12 without, not often it's cheaper on the train!

Edited by oafcprozac

Is the Dale coach full, as I'd imagine a lot of our fans won't be going on the coach to Dale (especially when there is a local bus which is half the price). Its the same with Accy, a lot of people it would be travelling in the wrong direction to simply get on it. A lot of clubs do various pick-up points for the coach, is this something for Latics to think about?

Is the Dale coach full, as I'd imagine a lot of our fans won't be going on the coach to Dale (especially when there is a local bus which is half the price). Its the same with Accy, a lot of people it would be travelling in the wrong direction to simply get on it. A lot of clubs do various pick-up points for the coach, is this something for Latics to think about?

Barlow's sometimes picked up at their office and at BP. Surely it would make sense to offer maybe one or two other pickup points. The town centre and perhaps a pick up point close to the M60 junction?

The local bus is more than half the price plus I'm not sure if it goes direct to Spotland and stops a lot. £15 to Accrington is pretty steep in comparison though.

If going to Dale your better of getting a £4 adult daily bus saver with first bus.. admit not sure which bus company it is that runs the service which will pass the ground.. the grounds not that much of a walk from dale town centre (i think, took us about 10 mins to get from Spotland to Asda a few years back.. but we got a bit lost i think.. :blush: )

If going to Dale your better of getting a £4 adult daily bus saver with first bus.. admit not sure which bus company it is that runs the service which will pass the ground.. the grounds not that much of a walk from dale town centre (i think, took us about 10 mins to get from Spotland to Asda a few years back.. but we got a bit lost i think.. :blush: )

Or if your willing to pay that little bit more buy an all bus day saver for £4.50, £4.90 at most, though i think it depends which bus company you originally buy the ticket with as prices differ sometimes. Seems crazy that for the same ticket you can get it cheaper using a different company. You would think they would have a standard price across companies though admittedly its not that much difference in terms of prices.

Anyway, for those unaware, thats for any bus on any route in the greater manchester area for unlimited use within a 24 hour period (or it might just be up until the last buses of the day you buy it on i forget which, check the ticket it normally has an expire date and time).

The buses that run upto the ground arent first so you'll have to walk. I wouldnt even bother with an any day saver as they're only once every half hour at the best of times up that way - after 6pm it'll probably be once an hour so it's easier to walk.

Unofficial coaches and mini buses from the rifle are a tenner with breakfast included.

been quoted £12 each way to Rochdale town centre from Watersheddings

That's decent.

It's £8 each way from Roch Valley Way to Boundary Park when i've had to get a taxi before now.

Edited by Rocky_Latic