Southern based Latics (help required again)

So it looks like a tube strike on 20th November is planned. The very day we play Daggers. We have already purchased train travel to Euston that day for the match and now need to get across to the ground. Idea's please?.

you're pretty buggered but the London Transport website suggests you can do it in 90 minutes.

Take the 205 Bus from outside Euston towards Bow and get off at Liverpool Street Station

Get a National Express East Anglia train towards Clacton. Get off at Romford

Take the 103 bus towards Rainham which takes you to near the ground

Best thing is to use this website nearer the date when you have a better of idea of things:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

Go to the travel planner, in the advanced settings there is an option to not travel via tube (further down the page)

Saying that though - I see they have announced strikes for the 2nd and 3rd of November but cant see 20th yet. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out for you (and me) before then!

So it looks like a tube strike on 20th November is planned. The very day we play Daggers. We have already purchased train travel to Euston that day for the match and now need to get across to the ground. Idea's please?.

You could always just drive Lags and not bother having a bevvy :grin::grin::grin:

you're pretty buggered but the London Transport website suggests you can do it in 90 minutes.

Take the 205 Bus from outside Euston towards Bow and get off at Liverpool Street Station

Get a National Express East Anglia train towards Clacton. Get off at Romford

Take the 103 bus towards Rainham which takes you to near the ground

Best thing is to use this website nearer the date when you have a better of idea of things:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

Go to the travel planner, in the advanced settings there is an option to not travel via tube (further down the page)

Saying that though - I see they have announced strikes for the 2nd and 3rd of November but cant see 20th yet. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out for you (and me) before then!

It's not strikes that are the problem is it? It's scheduled maintenance and it's all being done at once by the look of it. Gonna have one helluva effect on the Chrimble shoppers too...

Have a look at a ten minute walk to St Pancras from Euston, then from there to Stratford International, then because of works there you have to jump on a bus for 5 minutes to Stratford then train to Chadwell Heath, total journey time 48 mins from St Pancras to Chadwell HEath, then Chadwell Heath is only a mile or two from the ground with a nearby High Street there must be loads of buses or taxi's around, failing that nick some local youths bike, skateboard or grab yourself some heelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a look at a ten minute walk if you get very lucky with the pedestrian lightsto St Pancras from Euston, then from there to Stratford International, then because of works there you have to jump on a bus for 5 minutes to Stratford then train to Chadwell Heath, total journey time 48 mins from St Pancras to Chadwell HEath, then Chadwell Heath is only a mile or two from the ground with a nearby High Street there must be loads of buses or taxi's around, failing that nick some local youths bike, skateboard or grab yourself some heelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIFY

I thought it was just engineering work and not a strike, as i mentioned if there is enough Oldham fans maybe the oasis lads can recommend a decent taxi firm and all chip in.

Am looking at going from Fenchurch street to Dagenham Dock, use to be boozer near by called the Minories.

There's no H&C or Metropolitan Lines from Euston Square, though.

Northern Line it down to London Bridge, Jubilee to West Ham, overground to Dagenham Docks. Bosh.

This is defo? sounds like the best plan of action. I take it the overground at west ham is via the same station from getting off the tube?

I thought it was just engineering work and not a strike, as i mentioned if there is enough Oldham fans maybe the oasis lads can recommend a decent taxi firm and all chip in.

Am looking at going from Fenchurch street to Dagenham Dock, use to be boozer near by called the Minories.

If you wanted to do that, use Addisson Lee. They're good value for London but taxis are extortionate down here.

I'd go the way Zorro suggests. It probably doesnt come up on TFL website but will be the easiest route.

If you wanted to do that, use Addisson Lee. They're good value for London but taxis are extortionate down here.

I'd go the way Zorro suggests. It probably doesnt come up on TFL website but will be the easiest route.

Yeah i sort of learned about the price of taxis for one person when going to Heathrow £20 for a 2 mile journey. Anyway Zorro route looks the best idea.

Just be my luck to get shafted for the £120 'on board' price though...

Besides whose gonna mess with Lags and Jacko giving the 'death stare'?

They let me on a later train after teh underground buggered me up on Friday. Branson must still be searching for me in the Middle East.

Have a look at a ten minute walk to St Pancras from Euston, then from there to Stratford International, then because of works there you have to jump on a bus for 5 minutes to Stratford then train to Chadwell Heath, total journey time 48 mins from St Pancras to Chadwell HEath, then Chadwell Heath is only a mile or two from the ground with a nearby High Street there must be loads of buses or taxi's around, failing that nick some local youths bike, skateboard or grab yourself some heelies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what time are the Kent Massive mobbing up?

So what time are the Kent Massive mobbing up?

Dunno really. Is there an OASIS meet up that day? Might have to get myself involved with them. Whatever route it's going to be a faff getting there so probably best done with a couple of shandies already consumed. How is sunny Beckenham treating you anyway, you settled in ok?

Dunno really. Is there an OASIS meet up that day? Might have to get myself involved with them. Whatever route it's going to be a faff getting there so probably best done with a couple of shandies already consumed. How is sunny Beckenham treating you anyway, you settled in ok?

The talk is that Croydon's Top Boy is out to play that day and might fancy getting a bit norty, but we will run that mob no trouble. Beckenham is treating me grandly, lovely place, nice to get into town and the flatbirds are remarkably tolerant of me leaving the gas on/having guests leave the back door open for days and so on. A winner all round. Like you say it's going to be a ball ache anyway so I don't really care what route, beer will be our guide.

Sounds good, what time is the proposed meet at Fenchurch St?

oh now thats pushing it! Something will be on the OASIS forum nearer the time. Maybe 11'ish, just need to find a bar in the city that will be open, but I'll leave that to Leeslover