Peter Reids Interpretation

Interesting also that he highlighted that our keeper made some "terrific saves".

it is especialy considering me and a mate had a running row with several other 'fans' who once again completely berated brill throughout the first half until everyone put him in his place. now im used to him being blamed by many for us conceding so wasnt suprised to hear the abuse for there goal which was plymouth against brill so obviously blaming him for that must have merit but then minutes later when once again plymouth walked through he pulled off a pretty good save and once again theres shouts of 'ffs brill' and 'fu**in hell brill get a grip'. says everything about some of our fans

it is especialy considering me and a mate had a running row with several other 'fans' who once again completely berated brill throughout the first half until everyone put him in his place. now im used to him being blamed by many for us conceding so wasnt suprised to hear the abuse for there goal which was plymouth against brill so obviously blaming him for that must have merit but then minutes later when once again plymouth walked through he pulled off a pretty good save and once again theres shouts of 'ffs brill' and 'fu**in hell brill get a grip'. says everything about some of our fans

Sad reality is some of are fans want Brill to fail big time rather than admit he his becoming one of the better keepers in the league.

Sad reality is some of are fans want Brill to fail big time rather than admit he his becoming one of the better keepers in the league.

He has improved a lot. IMO when you look at his mistakes they were mainly due to a lack of concentration. (Last years Southampton free kick for example) It hasn't been a lack of ability. His kicking isn't great - he often tries too hard and hits it too long. BUT.. that can be worked on.

Edited by pukka

We discussed Dean Brill at length yesterday during the game and I am one of those that whilst admit he has improved, he is still a weak keeper overall.

2 goals yesterday, and niether at the time / on replay looked like stunning strickes that would evoke Andy Gray type comments of "you don't save those". The first was not hit hard, and would have expected some keepers to have touched it round th epost.

The second, Brill's left arm is nowhere close to being outstretched and if it had it would have stood a chance of making contact.

Also, there are many occassions where he makes no attempt to catch a ball - which I know is a growing trend in the game - but when he doesn't often palm the ball away into safe areas.

Yes he pulled off a save at 2-2 that was critical to the result, but I'd argue that he should have made a better effort with the others therefore he was only recovering some lost ground.

I'd say we at least need to get a decent second choice in to give him some competition for his place - that might see the improvement continue and to a point where I think he is not the worse keeper we have had in this division.

Still to be convinced by Brill, i can see that he has improved, and from my own experience, make a few mistakes in a couple of games running it can takes for people to stop blaming you for goals. He still needs to work on building walls at free kicks, and especially needs to focus on kicking, and coming to claim/punch the balls away when the oppo have a corner/freekick/crosses (very least command his own frickin 6 yard box)

Still to be convinced by Brill, i can see that he has improved, and from my own experience, make a few mistakes in a couple of games running it can takes for people to stop blaming you for goals. He still needs to work on building walls at free kicks, and especially needs to focus on kicking, and coming to claim/punch the balls away when the oppo have a corner/freekick/crosses (very least command his own frickin 6 yard box)

there were a couple of times yesterday when plymouth had a free-kick and brill lined up his wall. then he hit it towards the wall and it went through and under the wall.

so even if brill does line up a good wall, the wall itself has to keep together.