Confirmed Play Offs

As someone who goes every week and would go to the play off final anyway I'd hope its at the Mill stad or (long shot) Twickenham.

But if it was at OT an extra 5000 latics "supporters" might go? Inc extra shirts / glags etc thats a lot of cash.

EDIT: I dont think we will be getting there, but nice to have a bit of optimism for once

Edited by pukka

I'd rather it not be there, but I'd rather Latics benefit than anything else. Its not that I am a scum sympathiser - I cant really support england due to their lot, but if playing it there would help latics - then so be it.

Latics fan 1st

ABU 2nd.

---- But we wont be getting there!

Is it a given that it'll be held at Old Trafford? Wouldn't a midlands venue be fairer Geographically? Villa Park perhaps? OK it's smaller but I don't think OT would sell out anyway, unless Sheffield Wednesday were involved.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Is it a given that it'll be held at Old Trafford? Wouldn't a midlands venue be fairer Geographically? Villa Park perhaps? OK it's smaller but I don't think OT would sell out anyway, unless Sheffield Wednesday were involved.

thats the thing,it will depend who it is being contested by...

we know off history we can average 4k fans all season but get to a big final or the like and the woodwork opens up and latics fans with lees logos appear everywhere!!!!

thats the thing,it will depend who it is being contested by...

we know off history we can average 4k fans all season but get to a big final or the like and the woodwork opens up and latics fans with lees logos appear everywhere!!!!

Fair enough, but I think we took far less fans down to Wembley for the FA Cup semi-final than the Littlewoods Cup Final. The Play-off final is even less prestigious so I wouldn't expect us to drum up more than 20,000 for that.

As someone who goes every week and would go to the play off final anyway I'd hope its at the Mill stad or (long shot) Twickenham.

But if it was at OT an extra 5000 latics "supporters" might go? Inc extra shirts / glags etc thats a lot of cash.

EDIT: I dont think we will be getting there, but nice to have a bit of optimism for once

The new Wembley is not a great ground. Poor poor atmosphere, with the aptly termed ring of indifference running through the middle. Millenium Stadium's good though. Twickenham's similar to Wembley and is a true experience - not sure what that poor town would make of a football match though. The BBQs in the gardens on the walk to the ground may not be quite so pleasant.....

In all honesty, I hope they are sensible here. Pick a venue that holds 60,000 or fewer, get it at least 75% full and have a great atmosphere and day out for everyone...

Emirates / City of Manchester there are plenty of options of more appropriately sized grounds. League 1/2 playoffs really dont need 90,000 capacities!!

We won't get there, but whoever does it should be played in Cardiff.

The final should be an opportunity for fans and players to go somewhere they wouldn't get to go otherwise domestically - it's a one off. OT, VP, Emirates etc...L1 sides could get drawn to play United, Villa, Arsenal in the Cup.

i think there's loads of options you can look at ant each one has pros and cons. For me personally i would love to go to the emirates but they won't have it in london with champs league final being on. logistical knightmare

villa good location but not big enough.

newcastle or sunderland probably just big enough but location no good.

for me it's a 2 horse race. ot or cardiff. Both big enough and although not ideally located history says it will be one of these.

i think there's loads of options you can look at ant each one has pros and cons. For me personally i would love to go to the emirates but they won't have it in london with champs league final being on. logistical knightmare

Not to mention the chaos that would ensue between the fans. Everyone knows about the history between the Ultras of Inter and Exeter.