Feeney is fast becoming a waste of time

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not tripe at all.

Feeney has gone back on his word; as he told me & my mate in person; after the Bolton Pre-season friendly, that ‘Oldham are my priority; they pay my wages and to be honest; I’ve already won plenty of caps (at the time he told us 33; will be more though now)’

For me; he’s PD’s 1st mistake (his 2nd being Gregan out on loan IMO). The Warren Feeney of Stockport / Bournemouth ability is not the Warren Feeney we’ve signed – we’ve signed a player who has not really played for 4 seasons or so; and one who looks like that’s exactly the case. I remember him being quite a pacey ‘on the shoulder’ player who was a “buzzer” or more to the point; a right pain in the arse for the defenders. This season; he’s looked so off the pace it’s untrue; ‘a running in treacle’ comment on here is pretty darn apt.

I don’t think you can level at him that he isn’t trying; because I think he is – I just think that he isn’t the player he was; and is massively struggling due to his last 4 seasons of relative inactivity.

It’s a fallacy of his signing really that in fairness he’s IMO the 6th ‘best’ striker we have on the books on current ability shown / what is brought to the table in terms of the playing side – and in that working out; I include Chris Taylor ahead of him; even though Tayls is by trade a winger; and Lewis Alice; who was a striker but is now being turned into a winger; oh and lad who upto this season was a semi-pro in Ireland.

I will still obviously give him vocal support at games whenever he does actually play for us; but I can’t help thinking that this is one of those signings that just isn’t working / wont work out.

E4e

DISAPPOINTING

Thank you

Glad to see someone else agrees with my view