Big doubts over Cup tie

Living in the Rossendale valley and not far from Accrington I can see problems for saturdays game.It`s absolutely lashed down virtually non stop this week and Accys pitch is notorious for holding water.If i`m not mistaken they had 2 games postponed last season for exactly that.Hope i`m wrong but i`d keep checking before travelling.

As I posted in another thread in response to:

...Chances of Accrington being postponed at weekend?

The rarely-read Lancashire Telegraph reported on 9th August:

Stanley spent £70,000 to level and improve the pitch during the summer after a string of postponements during the last two seasons.

But the club had to call off a pre-season friendly with Burnley because the work was behind schedule and an attempt to reverse their fixture with Aldershot was blocked by the Football League, despite both clubs’ agreement.

Both sides found passing football difficult as the pitch cut up badly in Saturday’s 0-0 draw, most notably in one corner.

One visiting player described the surface as ‘a bog’ and the worst he had ever played on, sparking early fears of postponements in winter if the pitch deteriorates with more games.

“That cost £70,000?” said Aldershot manager Kevin Dillon. I’m just thankful we have no injuries. It looked to me as though one of their lads (Rory Boulding) twisted his ankle quite badly at the end and that was definitely the pitch. The ball got stuck under your feet and it wasn’t bouncing. It was dreadful. They’ve had four months to get the pitch right and it’s inadequate.”

As I posted in another thread in response to:

The rarely-read Lancashire Telegraph reported on 9th August:

Stanley spent £70,000 to level and improve the pitch during the summer after a string of postponements during the last two seasons.

But the club had to call off a pre-season friendly with Burnley because the work was behind schedule and an attempt to reverse their fixture with Aldershot was blocked by the Football League, despite both clubs’ agreement.

Both sides found passing football difficult as the pitch cut up badly in Saturday’s 0-0 draw, most notably in one corner.

One visiting player described the surface as ‘a bog’ and the worst he had ever played on, sparking early fears of postponements in winter if the pitch deteriorates with more games.

“That cost £70,000?” said Aldershot manager Kevin Dillon. I’m just thankful we have no injuries. It looked to me as though one of their lads (Rory Boulding) twisted his ankle quite badly at the end and that was definitely the pitch. The ball got stuck under your feet and it wasn’t bouncing. It was dreadful. They’ve had four months to get the pitch right and it’s inadequate.”

copy and paste job diego :wink:

Edited by LaticsLee