Latics out of the FA Cup

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we may have left Lee and Furman out with this in mind

nope they were left out as they are both on 4 yellows and would miss sat !!!

IMO the cup was more important than the game next sat - afterall it is only 3 points a Cup run WAS needed !!

IMO the cup was more important than the game next sat - afterall it is only 3 points a Cup run WAS needed !!

I agree with you, PD has been inept today , we are crying out for income and we just roll over...

Trying to play devil's advocate and be generous to Dickov, maybe he genuinely thinks that if we beat Huddersfield it'll be the start of a successful promotion bid. He's mental if he thinks that, but it's the only logic i can imagine that could explain the team selection for a game we desperately needed to win.

So I suppose its a case of pick your player or players who are to be sold in Jan?

I think we may have left Lee and Furman out with this in mind

We ain't a top European playing in the CL. Whether a player is cup tied or not will have very little affect on whether a team wants him or not. By January, or the end of January a lot of the teams who'd be interested in any of our players will be out of the cup anyway.

It has to be the disciplinary matter and not wanting players suspended for Hudders.

Edited by PlayItLivo

We might not have a say in this though our hand maybe forced. I thought we would last to the end of the season looks like we will be in administration before then now.

Doesnt want to be association with a team like that !!! felt embarrassed

He is the manager and is associated with the team, his team selection left us 3.0 to an average Leauge 2 side.

Embarrassed, so he should be , he picked the team and failed to get em pumped up for it.

Dickov is learning, and he's going to make mistakes like every other manager. this was abig mistake and i think we will suffer from it.

this season in the league cup, we lost to scunny, they get united and on TV in the next round.

last season we lost to leeds who were on TV and ended up beating united and nearly spurs.

even after we beat everton, we could have had chelsea away.

fair play to accrington, it seems they probably deserved to win but oldham need to learn to take cup competitions seriously!

We ain't a top European playing in the CL. Whether a player is cup tied or not will have very little affect on whether a team wants him or not. By January, or the end of January a lot of the teams who'd be interested in any of our players will be out of the cup anyway.

It has to be the disciplinary matter and not wanting players suspended for Hudders.

We haven't got the squad to compete with the likes of Huddersfield over the course of the season it simply won't happen we all knew that before the game today has just confirmed it.

Dickov said:

Disgusted with attitude of players.

If they have that attitude he won't have them at the club.

Players overestimated themselves.

Don't want to be associated with a team with that attitude.

Embarrassed by the first half performance.

He also had high praise for Winchester.

Dickov can't complain about the players attitude if he doesn't select his strongest side it sends out the wrong messages to the players.